Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 26-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simster View Post
OK, here's a treat for you - I'm going to indulge you with the tale of one of the most disastrous days in living memory as an Albion fan:

To be fair, that was the most embarrassing/hurtful/disastrous day I have endured as a Brighton & Hove Albion FC supporter. We'd even embarrassed ourselves before the match by failing to sell our 7,000 allocation. Only 5,500 were sold which is very poor, you can bet fans of little old Charlton will be WETTING themselves as they manage to fill their allocation this season if they're given these sort of numbers. But maybe the missing 1,500 were the smart ones, we had afterall up until then, lost eleven straight games - but clearly it was in the scripts that it would all be banished and forgotton about as we ended that run against the enemy, who we'd been too poor to even play against in a meaningful match for 13 years.

I should have known better when - having made it to my pre-match pub of choice to meet my mates at around 12.30pm - I arrived at the Falcon in Clapham Junction to find a dozen riot police at the entrance and being told that if I went in, I wouldn't be coming out again until they told us to do so. Ho hum, I thought. I had arranged to meet my mates in there so that was that. Sadly, it transpired the local "no surrender" gimps had invaded a corner of the pub and got into the spirit of things by smashing a window just before we were all frogmarched through the back of the pub and onto the train platform. Call me picky, but I don't enjoy being herded along with a bunch of chavs and frogmarched to the ground via a "special" train TWO HOURS before kick off.

The game kicked off and from the first minute we were awful. We were being overrun down the flanks, our midfield was non existent (no challenges whatsoever) and Kerry Mayo, a Brighton fan and stalwart from the darkest days of the club who must have longed to play in this match was being made to look like a fat, fat, pub team full-back. I'm only surprised I didn't hear him shout "AVE IT!" on the very rare occasions he had control of the ball.

Sure enough, Johnson couldn't be contained and after about 5 minutes he scored from a tap in that he couldn't miss. The marking was non-existent, it was like Johnson was invisible. There are boy scout teams who run after the ball like the Anthill Mob who look more organised than we did. 1-0.
Then came the biggest cheer of the day for Albion fans - Palace scored again. Well they did and they didn't you see. Your clown of an announcer thought they had, everybody else knew they hadn't. Marvellous. Just the sort of thing that would buoy up our crowd and get the Albion lads playing with a passion. So obviously you scored again from a header a few minutes later with the nearest Albion "player" about 6 yards from Johnson.

Zamora missed an absolute sitter when he found himself free and I think he had an empty net, but put it into the stand. Gash. So 2-0 at half time I think - the lads would be out to turn it round soon, they know that was unacceptable. And wouldn't you know, we nearly scored right at the beginning of the second half - but we didn't, and you went down the other end and got a penalty which was easily dispatched.

I can't remember much more besides wave after wave of Palace attacks. It was total mismatch, and then Gray scored a great goal with an angled drive and then someone missed a sitter for 6-0 and someone else blasted over when well placed. etc etc. To be honest I trying to get out after 63 minutes, I'd had enough. Except one particular pig twat was enjoying his opportunity to keep us hemmed in and was quite keen to start a fight when he prevented a 12 year old boy going for a p!ss in case he tried to leave the ground. What a gimp.

It was 7.45pm before I got home. I only live in Wimbledon. 5-0 and I couldn't go home, indeed. I wish I'd never left home on that morning.

I don't go to the footy that often these days now that I'm a dad to a toddler and a baby. Frankly I *really wish I hadn't bothered on this particular day. It was ruined by the burberry brigade, the police, the trains but most of all, the most gutless, embarrassing and feeble display I have ever witnessed by players who should have done better. We'd witnessed some awful "football" in recent times (all well documented being one of the league's worst 2 or 3 teams from 1996-1999) but you can understand the apathy of loan players turning out at Gillingham in front of 2,500 in a basement league encounter for a club based 75 miles away. But this was our biggest game in years, yes maybe even our "cup final". It was humiliating.

I console myself with the following thoughts:
* Personally, I really do hate Portsmouth a lot more than your lot. At least it didn't happen at Fratton. The fact that the clubs aren't even "main" rivals would - in a strange way - have made that even harder to bear.
* We won't play that badly at Selhurst Park next season when we play you.
* At least I don't look like the sad gimp who wears a Palace shellsuit top on his way to work, walking down Alexandra Road in Wimbledon.
* It's only a game, innit. (*seethes*)
Old 26-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is herePhil's Barber Sam the man is here
Lovely stuff. Cheers Simeon.
Old 26-10-2018, 03:00 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
He sounds like a chap until you remember that video on the train
Old 26-10-2018, 03:16 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
He sounds like a chap until you remember that video on the train
Old 26-10-2018, 05:14 PM

mpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wonder if Simeon “fronted”the gimp , or just rushed off to post it on line?
Oh the irony of Simeon using Nigel’s and Gimps in relation to us !!!
Old 26-10-2018, 05:47 PM

matbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Had worse days
Old 26-10-2018, 07:15 PM

grand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by matbha View Post
Had worse days
Not many though Mat??
Old 26-10-2018, 07:25 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Had worse days
And we have been present at them all.
Old 26-10-2018, 07:27 PM

Eagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleinsussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Had worse days
May 13th 2013 maybe

Never was a truer word spoken !
Old 26-10-2018, 07:29 PM

matbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmatbha came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by grand aigle View Post
Not many though Mat??
A certain playoff game tops it