Play-Off winners 9 7.83%
Play-Off failures 8 6.96%
Mid table mediocrity 7 6.09%
Struggle 5 4.35%
Relegation 6 5.22%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2005, 08:53 PM
18-10-2005

pallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfactionpallissator can't get no satisfaction
Quote:
Originally posted by britabroad
Christ knows what hashappened to the BBS lately. There seems to be many new members (Palace fans) who have nothing to say that isn't abusive and immature. I love good banter, but so much now is just pointless ranting . . . . . So apologies to those away fans (in the away fans forum) who have to deal with these idiots.

Idiots,? What idiots??
Old 04-07-2005, 08:53 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by eagles #1
Obviously not enough to see how his username is spelt though..
Not seen my user name then
Old 04-07-2005, 08:58 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by cantspell
Not seen my user name then

Nice one
Old 04-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer
I would love to see some sensible and real answers on this thread and I admire Addickted's efforts to get some.

By the way, Addickted, what do you think?
Old 04-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I reckon automatic promotion or very close. Definately top three; but I think Norwich and Wolves are very similar in terms of strength so it's not a foregone conclusion. Voited automatic promotion - but I have a feeling Wolves are going to win the league.

BECCH10

(C) 2007. note to self - needs changing
Old 04-07-2005, 09:15 PM

Addickted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenAddickted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenAddickted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenAddickted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenAddickted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenAddickted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenAddickted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenAddickted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenAddickted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenAddickted has to read the song lyrics on the big screenAddickted has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally posted by selhurstparkflyer
I would love to see some sensible and real answers on this thread and I admire Addickted's efforts to get some.

By the way, Addickted, what do you think?
I think you will make the play offs but miss out on promotion. Steady sensible progress is the key.

It does depend on you keeping hold of Johnson and Kiraly though.

That's it.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:34 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

Re: Re: Re: How will Palace do - AWAY FANS ONLY (please)

Quote:
Originally posted by Addickted
What part of AWAY FANS ONLY do you find hard to understand Pawsons?
Doh!

Old 04-07-2005, 09:34 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Addickted
I think you will make the play offs but miss out on promotion. Steady sensible progress is the key.

It does depend on you keeping hold of Johnson and Kiraly though.
Ooo you BITCH!

Old 04-07-2005, 09:38 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by cantspell
Pawson's behave - some of the away fans have interesting views.

I have seen enough of Addicted's post to see he is a reasonable chap.

I want to see how the thread develops
I've seen a couple of posts of Addickted's that have been indicative of the representative Charlton fans rantings tho. I will not pass on abuse however, even though he was glad that they sent us down - I think that this fact speaks for itself really.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Big Member

iamskint has to read the song lyrics on the big screeniamskint has to read the song lyrics on the big screeniamskint has to read the song lyrics on the big screeniamskint has to read the song lyrics on the big screeniamskint has to read the song lyrics on the big screeniamskint has to read the song lyrics on the big screeniamskint has to read the song lyrics on the big screeniamskint has to read the song lyrics on the big screeniamskint has to read the song lyrics on the big screeniamskint has to read the song lyrics on the big screeniamskint has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
To get this thread back on track, i think you guys will finish about 8th and just miss out on the play-offs. Sorry! (not)
Old 05-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Samurai Pie Master

Walrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by britabroad
Christ knows what hashappened to the BBS lately. There seems to be many new members (Palace fans) who have nothing to say that isn't abusive and immature. I love good banter, but so much now is just pointless ranting . . . . . So apologies to those away fans (in the away fans forum) who have to deal with these idiots.

Whereas we'll have to put up with them everywhere else and (God forbid) at Selhurst

Didn't vote either. Unless I count myself as a lapsed Aylesbury Utd fan......(true)
Old 05-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Samurai Pie Master

Walrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by m355y
I reckon automatic promotion or very close. Definately top three; but I think Norwich and Wolves are very similar in terms of strength so it's not a foregone conclusion. Voited automatic promotion - but I have a feeling Wolves are going to win the league.
Been speaking to Eileen D again have you?

What about your lot's chances? The Midfield Mullet Maestro to guide you sideways into the playoffs?
Old 05-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Suspect we'll make 5th or 6th, then it's down to the play off lottery.

We're some way off Palace, Norwich and Wolves but I think we're as strong or stronger than anyone else. Except maybe Leicester if they get their act together.

Palace - 2nd
Leeds - 6th.

BECCH10

Old 06-07-2005, 08:21 AM

Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster
Depends on when Johnson leaves. Sadly I wouldn't rule them out of a top two spot. For me, the top 2 are between Wolves, Norwich & Palace

I'm fairly sure they'll finish above Southampton, Ipswich and Leicester
Old 06-07-2005, 11:38 AM

stevejfh stevejfh stevejfh stevejfh stevejfh stevejfh stevejfh stevejfh stevejfh stevejfh stevejfh
I'd be very surprised if Palace finished below 6th. Difficult to be more specific than that.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:10 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Can anyone shed any light on Wolves and why they will be flying?

I realise they had a good run at the end of the last season - good as in they never lost many - but didn't they draw most of those? I assumed as they had just come down they'd be at the top but they spent the first half of the season in the bottom 6... They lost their manager and barely strengthened... now suddenly everyone is tipping them as the team to beat.

After a year in the Prem I sort of lost touch with the Championship. But enough to know Brighton are still pants.

Last edited by eagle mart; 06-07-2005 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:21 PM
No Islands in This Desert

welshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by 230Pawsons
I hate every last one of the Charlton scum, you my friend...
Contradiction of terms there!
Old 06-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Trespasser

Quote:
Originally posted by eagle mart
Can anyone shed any light on Wolves and why they will be flying?

I realise they had a good run at the end of the last season - good as in they never lost many - but didn't they draw most of those? I assumed as they had just come down they'd be at the top but they spent the first half of the season in the bottom 6... They lost their manager and barely strengthened... now suddenly everyone is tipping them as the team to beat.

After a year in the Prem I sort of lost touch with the Championship. But enough to know Brighton are still pants.
I think before Hoddle came in they were underacheiving massively - because they're a bloody strong team. They have some excellent strikers at this level in Cort, Miller, Soel and Ganea; Mark Kennedy, Colin Cameron, Paul Ince and that Nigerian international in midfield, and Lescott is an excellent player in the back four. They just have talented players all over the pitch, and continuity - the core of their team hasn't changed for 3 or 4 seasons. I'm very wary of them, on paper at least I think they're the best team.

Others will disagree, but I rate them.

BECCH10

Old 06-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Very Senior Member

dougdeep knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfdougdeep knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfdougdeep knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfdougdeep knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfdougdeep knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfdougdeep knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfdougdeep knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfdougdeep knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfdougdeep knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfdougdeep knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfdougdeep knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
36 voted for automatic promotion? There aren't that many non-Palace on here.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:32 AM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally posted by Simster
Depends on when Johnson leaves. Sadly I wouldn't rule them out of a top two spot. For me, the top 2 are between Wolves, Norwich & Palace

I'm fairly sure they'll finish above Southampton, Ipswich and Leicester
... and whether Dowie can work the same magic on Maken. If he does, it wont matter when AJ goes.
AJ only had potential before Dowie arrived.

Off topic.
Cardiff - the new Rotherham?