Play-Off winners 9 7.83%
Play-Off failures 8 6.96%
Mid table mediocrity 7 6.09%
Struggle 5 4.35%
Relegation 6 5.22%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2005, 05:40 AM
Visiting Seagull

Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette Seagullette
Quote:
Originally posted by m355y
I think before Hoddle came in they were underacheiving massively - because they're a bloody strong team. They have some excellent strikers at this level in Cort, Miller, Soel and Ganea; Mark Kennedy, Colin Cameron, Paul Ince and that Nigerian international in midfield, and Lescott is an excellent player in the back four. They just have talented players all over the pitch, and continuity - the core of their team hasn't changed for 3 or 4 seasons. I'm very wary of them, on paper at least I think they're the best team.

Others will disagree, but I rate them.
Their games were mainly 1-1 draws after Hoddle took over. If they can convert those to wins then they stand a chance.
Strangely we are a bogey team to Wolves

Lescott is fighting injury at the moment.

Banter not abuse
Old 07-07-2005, 06:44 AM

Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster
Quote:
Originally posted by celery stick
AJ only had potential before Dowie arrived.
Try telling that to Albion fullback, Kerry Mayo.

Quote:
Originally posted by celery stick
Cardiff - the new Rotherham?
And Millwall too? Let's hope so. Here's hoping their fans fight all the way down to division 3.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Off topic.
Cardiff - the new Rotherham?
I think if any team's going to get stranged in P24 all season like last season with Rotherham, it'll be Cardiff. They're in serious trouble, are losing all their players, and their trying to get Paul Butler off us was one of the most desperate, unrealistic moves I've ever seen. They were never going to succeed.

Suspect Luton, Brighton, Cardiff and Crewe are all going to struggle.

BECCH10

(C) 2007. note to self - needs changing
Old 07-07-2005, 02:15 PM
BBS addict

LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I think if any team's going to get stranged in P24 all season like last season with Rotherham, it'll be Cardiff. They're in serious trouble, are losing all their players, and their trying to get Paul Butler off us was one of the most desperate, unrealistic moves I've ever seen. They were never going to succeed.

Millwall too perhaps?

Spike Milligan
Old 07-07-2005, 02:30 PM

Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster Simster
Quote:
You've just covered the 3 smallest teams and thrown in Cardiff for their money troubles.

So you can add:
Millwall - see Cardiff for details
Sheffield Wednesday - scraped into the division, haven't strengthed.
Stoke - an idiot board who want a team to play like Holland, apparently.
Watford - yes they have a few bob but no team.
Plymouth - an absolute clown as manager. Taribo West will prove to be useless and yet will have eaten half their transfer budget which could otherwise have been used to strengthen with loan signings.

And the bookies more or less agree with me - they have about 8 teams at 7/2 or shorter to be relegated.

As for us, I'm confident we'll be clear of relegation well before the last day. Harding is no great loss (as you'll see), and he is our one loss.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Simster
You've just covered the 3 smallest teams and thrown in Cardiff for their money troubles.
erm no, I listed the teams that I honestly expect to be down the bottom. Sorry.

Millwall - like it or not a far better squad than Cardiff despite troubles, they'll slip to lower mid table probably but I don't expect them to go down - YET.

Sheff Wed - give them time.

Stoke - maybe. But I've never rated them in recent years and they still always seem to finish well up the table anyway. Dunno why this season should be different.

Watford - I expect an improvement on last season to be honest

Plymouth - again, maybe.

BECCH10

Old 08-07-2005, 06:57 AM

bhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to work
How Palace do would depend a lot on the outcome of the AJ saga. If he goes who replaces him would also be a factor. The offer from West Brom with Earnshaw in part exchange wasn't bad. You have to consider AJ's commitment if he's forced to stay by Jordon. It looks like Dowie knows what he's doing though. Much as I hate to admit it I reckon that at least a play off birth is on the cards.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:36 AM
master of puppets

cpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weedcpfcinprem is AJ vs the 'weed
To me, everyone going on about wolves as promotion contenders sounds very similar to notts forrest last year. New manager came in towards the end of the season, done well, and suddenly they were going to get promoted the next year! looked what happened to them.

This league is probably the most unpredictable in the world and on paper we should EASILY be in the top 2 along with norwich. imo we probably will do this but i think theres gonna be some strange results along the way.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:10 AM

bhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to workbhaexpress would like to take you by the hand and go for a walk past people as they go to work
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfcinprem
To me, everyone going on about wolves as promotion contenders sounds very similar to notts forrest last year. New manager came in towards the end of the season, done well, and suddenly they were going to get promoted the next year! looked what happened to them.

This league is probably the most unpredictable in the world and on paper we should EASILY be in the top 2 along with norwich. imo we probably will do this but i think theres gonna be some strange results along the way.
Good point well made. You can count on us not to be contenders though
Old 08-07-2005, 11:49 AM
glad all over

follow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
were gonna win the leauge were gonna win the leauge the leage

AJ+CLINTON= GOALS

SING UP PALACE

EAGLES
Old 08-07-2005, 11:57 AM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by bhaexpress
How Palace do would depend a lot on the outcome of the AJ saga. If he goes who replaces him would also be a factor. The offer from West Brom with Earnshaw in part exchange wasn't bad. You have to consider AJ's commitment if he's forced to stay by Jordon. It looks like Dowie knows what he's doing though. Much as I hate to admit it I reckon that at least a play off birth is on the cards.
I'm tiring of uttering the words "If AJ stays" but If AJ stays and is unhappy to still be at Palace, then what good will it do him if his commitment dwindles? If we refuse to sell him then his only hope of getting a move is to play out of his skin between now and January and hope that the chairman lets him go.

What premiership club would want to sign a sulky player who has struggled to get into double figures?

If anything this must galvanise his commitment.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Trespasser

Quote:
Originally posted by cpfcinprem

to be honest I'd forgotten about that - I personally thought Forest were serious promotion candidates at the start of last season, and wasn't the only one. Goes to show you never can tell.

BECCH10

Old 09-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Good point well made. You can count on us not to be contenders though
You'll finish higher than you did last year.
Not by much, but you will.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:50 AM

That's general consensus of opinion. While we're stuck at Withdean all we can do is survive. I still reckon there are weaker clubs than us, namely Cardiff, Coventry, Millwall and Crewe. I don't have much hope for Wednesday or Luton either. Luton may have won League 1 but so did we three seasons ago and we all know what happened next.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Readmitted into society

Chunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: Re: Re: How will Palace do - AWAY FANS ONLY (please)

Quote:
Originally posted by Addickted
What part of AWAY FANS ONLY do you find hard to understand Pawsons?
What part of CPFC BBS don't you understand?

Away fans end or not, you can't tell us what threads to post and not to post on.

Dickhead.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:14 AM
I hate millwall

Rog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another dayRog 007 will last through forever and another day
Haven't voted but see most people think we'll go back up, but a chorlton pathetic fan I know thinks we'll be 8th, don't worry have abused him
Old 10-07-2005, 04:16 PM

230Pawsons ..looking to curl one230Pawsons ..looking to curl one230Pawsons ..looking to curl one230Pawsons ..looking to curl one230Pawsons ..looking to curl one230Pawsons ..looking to curl one230Pawsons ..looking to curl one230Pawsons ..looking to curl one230Pawsons ..looking to curl one230Pawsons ..looking to curl one230Pawsons ..looking to curl one
Re: Re: Re: Re: How will Palace do - AWAY FANS ONLY (please)

Quote:
Originally posted by Chunt
What part of CPFC BBS don't you understand?

Away fans end or not, you can't tell us what threads to post and not to post on.

Dickhead.
Sense at last...Thank you.

I nearly started a What is the best Beef Joint thread, for vegetarians only....

I truly have learnt my lesson though. I will never disrepect Charlton, Brighton or Millwall. I will also try to gain the respect of other Palace BBS contributors by posting between the school hours....
Old 10-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Big Member

Ships is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS MurrayShips is back FFS Murray
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How will Palace do - AWAY FANS ONLY (please)

Quote:
Originally posted by 230Pawsons
Sense at last...Thank you.

I nearly started a What is the best Beef Joint thread, for vegetarians only....

I truly have learnt my lesson though. I will never disrepect Charlton, Brighton or Millwall. I will also try to gain the respect of other Palace BBS contributors by posting between the school hours....
Nice One Pawsons

Some people on here are true dick heads !!!

Where do you drink ?
Old 10-07-2005, 04:48 PM
You really are a fat ****

BlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
o

Last edited by BlazeRIP; 26-07-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:04 AM

Quote:
That's general consensus of opinion. While we're stuck at Withdean all we can do is survive. I still reckon there are weaker clubs than us, namely Cardiff, Coventry, Millwall and Crewe. I don't have much hope for Wednesday or Luton either. Luton may have won League 1 but so did we three seasons ago and we all know what happened next.
Yes but we'd have finished mid-table if Coppell had been appointed in the that World Cup summer. Similarly, I'm sorry to say that I can't see Luton struggling.