Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 14-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharltonDan
Oh dear.
I don't have any particular feelings towards you Dan? I think you're a bit odd, a bit sad and that's it really. Certainly no ill-feeling.

You are a troll though, I'm a bit baffled why you bother to deny it? You've admitted it before and have a hell of a lot of previous on here and elsewhere, it's not like it's some newsflash or something. And you love your "serious poster" routine. Phrases like "moral high ground" and "no skin off my nose" go hand in hand with your childish attempts at wind-ups, and laughing at people "biting" at your posts.

You can't really have it both ways. Addicted and Addick1 are decent Charlton posters and I treat them accordingly. Kafka is an out and out troll, and makes no bones about it. He accepts whatever comes back his way and dishes it back out. Your trolling routine is to pretend to serious in an effort to enrage. You've admitted this on here and openly laugh about this when it works, and yet now you cry and whinge because I've pointed it out!

Honestly Dan, there's nothing funny about a clown who takes himself too seriously

Old 14-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Trainspotter

CharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Im pleased youve got that off your chest. Now can you move on? Thanks
Old 14-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Trainspotter

CharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screenCharltonDan has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy1807
West Ham were yesterday the subject of a takeover approach by Dubai's sovereign-wealth fund Zabeel Investments. The same company, controlled by Sheikh Hamdan Al Maktoum, declared its interest in Charlton Athletic last Friday in the form of an "indicative bid". But yesterday's approach was far more discreetly conducted.

Club sources confirm that contact was made but insist there are "no talks" after the owner, Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson, rejected the offer. Twenty-four hours earlier he had informed high-level staff that his commitment to West Ham was as strong as ever and that he would remain with the club in the long term.

However, it is believed that talks are continuing with Gudmundsson on a personal level as he faces increased pressure to cash in on his £85m investment. Dubai's bid is serious and Amanda Staveley, the dealmaker who introduced the Abu Dhabi United Group to Manchester City, is understood to be in the Emirate to talk through the potential purchase.

Although West Ham continue to insist that they are viable - unlike several other clubs to have changed hands in recent years, no takeover debt was loaded on to them- Gudmundsson's personal finances have been hit by the financial crash. He and his son Thor Bjorgolfsson were, until last week at least, Iceland's two richest men. But as 41% shareholders in the collapsed Landsbanki, the country's second-biggest bank, and having guaranteed loans in the charter airline XL, which folded a month ago, they have been heavily exposed to the meltdown of their nation's economy.

West Ham, an attractive proposition given their proximity to the 2012 Olympic stadium, face a potential eight-figure liability in the shape of Sheffield United's compensation claim in the Carlos Tevez case. They are contesting this through the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

There have been two approaches for West Ham from the Gulf and another from China in recent days, but Dubai's appears to be the most likely to succeed. If it does, Premier League ownership rules will forbid Zabeel's takeover of Charlton.

----------------------------------------------------

UNLUCKY
As I said on the other topic

"The enquiry about WHUFC was made before the indictative offer to us was made (just as discussions / interest was there for NUFC, LFC, AFC etc).

From what Ive heard (and do take this with a pinch of salt as Im unable to confirm this) that they were put off by the debt that WHUFC carry, the huge wage bill and the potential of the Sheff Utd case.

Ive also heard rumours that WHUFC are (allegedly) close to going into admin and are touting themselves to anyone that has shown / is showing any interest in investing in football in England."
Old 14-10-2008, 11:05 AM

Matt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Haven't bothered reading the topic...but for me this is sick to brag about such potential investment. A real sickening indictment of the way modern football is, bragging rights over wealth.

I prey this never happens at Palace, even if it means less success, but what is success if it's not your team you're watching?
Old 14-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Im pleased youve got that off your chest. Now can you move on? Thanks
Old 14-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Hep
Haven't bothered reading the topic...but for me this is sick to brag about such potential investment. A real sickening indictment of the way modern football is, bragging rights over wealth.

I prey this never happens at Palace, even if it means less success, but what is success if it's not your team you're watching?
Apparently, at a recent Man City match, the home crowd unfurled a banner saying "We are considerably richer than you". Its funny in some ways, but I dont like the way football is going. It all seemed to start with Blackburn "buying" the title in the early/mid-90s.
Old 14-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Trainspotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy1807
West Ham were yesterday the subject of a takeover approach by Dubai's sovereign-wealth fund Zabeel Investments. The same company, controlled by Sheikh Hamdan Al Maktoum, declared its interest in Charlton Athletic last Friday in the form of an "indicative bid". But yesterday's approach was far more discreetly conducted.

Club sources confirm that contact was made but insist there are "no talks" after the owner, Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson, rejected the offer. Twenty-four hours earlier he had informed high-level staff that his commitment to West Ham was as strong as ever and that he would remain with the club in the long term.

However, it is believed that talks are continuing with Gudmundsson on a personal level as he faces increased pressure to cash in on his £85m investment. Dubai's bid is serious and Amanda Staveley, the dealmaker who introduced the Abu Dhabi United Group to Manchester City, is understood to be in the Emirate to talk through the potential purchase.

Although West Ham continue to insist that they are viable - unlike several other clubs to have changed hands in recent years, no takeover debt was loaded on to them- Gudmundsson's personal finances have been hit by the financial crash. He and his son Thor Bjorgolfsson were, until last week at least, Iceland's two richest men. But as 41% shareholders in the collapsed Landsbanki, the country's second-biggest bank, and having guaranteed loans in the charter airline XL, which folded a month ago, they have been heavily exposed to the meltdown of their nation's economy.

West Ham, an attractive proposition given their proximity to the 2012 Olympic stadium, face a potential eight-figure liability in the shape of Sheffield United's compensation claim in the Carlos Tevez case. They are contesting this through the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

There have been two approaches for West Ham from the Gulf and another from China in recent days, but Dubai's appears to be the most likely to succeed. If it does, Premier League ownership rules will forbid Zabeel's takeover of Charlton.

----------------------------------------------------

UNLUCKY
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Unlucky
Old 14-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Anarchosyndicalist

Location: Nearer to inner peace than I was. Corporeally, Chippenham.
calne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC87
And some of us young lot.

Palace ST holder for 40 years. Palace bonded me with my Dad. I met my partner and several great friends through the club. Palace have mad, passionate, funny supporters, and ex-players who care enough about the club to stay in touch. It's a roller-coaster ride, but thatís the way we like it. And itís not plastic. Palace til I die.
Old 14-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'll be the adult here Heb and not rise to your attempt to drag this topic into a gutter from where you can claim moral high-ground.

If you fancy some banter then choose one of the other topics.
You bumbo clart
Old 15-10-2008, 12:04 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester
Apparently, at a recent Man City match, the home crowd unfurled a banner saying "We are considerably richer than you". Its funny in some ways, but I dont like the way football is going. It all seemed to start with Blackburn "buying" the title in the early/mid-90s.

No, no, no Jack Walker was a diehard Blackburn fan born and bred.

If I built up a personal fortune of 700million and as a comitted palace fan was quite happy to spend half of it on the ground, facilities and team whilst keeping ticket prices low - would you really object.

Blackburn are, by some way, the best supported club in the country. Despite being close to Manchester and Liverpool.

Credit where credit is due.
Old 15-10-2008, 12:11 AM
On probation

jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john

If I built up a personal fortune of 700million and as a comitted palace fan was quite happy to spend half of it on the ground, facilities and team whilst keeping ticket prices low - would you really object.

Blackburn are, by some way, the best supported club in the country. Despite being close to Manchester and Liverpool.

Would not argue with that
Old 15-10-2008, 07:56 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john

Agreed - if Simon Jordan were ten times richer than he is I'd be quite happy, but if some "investor" with exactly the same wealth came in I'd be really concerned.

Last edited by Beanie; 15-10-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 15-10-2008, 08:13 AM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I seem to recall all the problems at Charlton in the 80's followed the purchase of the club by a rich chancer and we all know where you ended up after that!
Old 18-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
I have heard from a decent local source that the Qatari SWF want West Ham. They could outpay Zabeel Investments several times over.

I would not expect any non-essential extravagant investments by the Dubai government entities until the credit markets return to health. West Ham will fall into this category, Charlton may not depending on the price. I'd still be surprised to see a quick deal unless its too far down the line to reverse. But that's just an opinion.
Old 18-10-2008, 09:25 AM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
The trouble is no one wants us
Old 18-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
EVERTON are set for a £200million takeover bid — from the Arab billionaires who wanted Charlton.
Zabeel Investments, owned by Dubai’s royal family, are ready to drop their interest in the Londoners.

They made a £20m offer for the Championship club just a week ago but now feel the Merseysiders would offer better value for money.

Ironically, Zabeel have previously shown an interest in buying Liverpool and have been linked to Arsenal, Newcastle, Tottenham and West Ham as well.

Company chairman Mohammed Al Hashimi and his representatives are willing to wipe out Everton’s £52m debt.

They would also bankroll the move to a new stadium, with £78m of funding needed.

But the news will anger Charlton, where Zabeel had planned to buy the club and wipe out their £20m debt.

And this one is back page news in most newspapers TODAY, so its not an old story pikeyboys

Old 18-10-2008, 09:31 AM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=DiscoCAFC]I understand what you are saying and I think every other fan would think that but we are different and our board know what they are doing when it comes to new ownership and the majority of our fans would love our current board to work with the new owners.

QUOTE]

Trouble is Disco that will the new owners want to work with them? They will be paying millions to buy the club, no doubt pumping lots in to to try and get promotion, into Europe etc they are going to want to do things their way, I would think Murray and co will be out of the door, at least when it comes to any meaningful role at the club. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it may be great for you, but you have to accept that new ownership means just that and the ethos that has existed at Charlton will change.
Old 23-10-2008, 11:00 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
More like the new Bradford City.
Old 23-10-2008, 11:36 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:

Unlucky
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA
Old 23-10-2008, 11:37 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:

Unlucky

:g :g :g :g :g