Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 16-05-2012, 08:51 AM

Fur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH
clyne wont be here, zaha will as we dont want to or need to sell.

I think we will finish top 10 which we would be another step forward in our sustainable development.

ignoring the fact we are rivals I honestly think you guys will find it a bit harder next season with a mid table finish on the cards due to second season syndrome.
I will only believe 2nd season syndrome when I see it with mine own eyes.

I would be prepared to have a small wager with you about who finishes higher, winnings to either REMF or Geoff Thomas Foundation.

And when I say small I mean small, I rarely gamble anything.

So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take the time from me,
And Iíll sing you a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea!
Old 16-05-2012, 08:55 AM

skindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
hasn't happened since 1974 so can't see why it would happen next season. When was the last time Brighton were relegated to the third division? 'there are teachers and there are pupils Brighton know your place'

looking forward to seeing how your lot react this season though what with second season syndrome, half your players going back to their clubs at the end of their loans, and that gimp of a manager moving to any club that will have him.
Old 16-05-2012, 09:02 AM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur cough
I will only believe 2nd season syndrome when I see it with mine own eyes.

I would be prepared to have a small wager with you about who finishes higher, winnings to either REMF or Geoff Thomas Foundation.

And when I say small I mean small, I rarely gamble anything.
£10 winnings as above?

I am not saying you will drop like a stone but people in the div now know you and the style of play and the second season in any new div is always a little tougher
Old 16-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I wonder if the OP is familiar with second-season syndrome?
Old 16-05-2012, 09:13 AM

Fur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFur cough came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
£10 winnings as above?

I am not saying you will drop like a stone but people in the div now know you and the style of play and the second season in any new div is always a little tougher
Sound like a plan, I'll even chuck in a pint.

That's Gus's style of play though and I am under the impression from most on here he won't be with us next season.

Of Sussex by the Sea!
Old 16-05-2012, 09:18 AM

skindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineskindog981 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
For the weeds who are unaware of sss 'The second season syndrome is a downturn in fortune whereby if a team, or a player, has had a very successful first season in a league that’s new to them, the following season they will fail to impress or achieve the same heights - it’s commonly called the second season syndrome.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-05-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I'm familiar with the term, I'm also familiar with the terms, UFO, Bermuda Triangle and Roy Hodgson England manager and don't believe in any of them.

Of Sussex by the Sea!
Old 16-05-2012, 09:23 AM
The Eagle HAS landed.....

ukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineukjay_29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fur cough
I'm familiar with the term, I'm also familiar with the terms, UFO, Bermuda Triangle and Roy Hodgson England manager and don't believe in any of them.
Eastbourne Eagles
Kent CCC
Old 16-05-2012, 10:04 AM

Mellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by skindog981
For the weeds who are unaware of sss 'The second season syndrome is a downturn in fortune whereby if a team, or a player, has had a very successful first season in a league thatís new to them, the following season they will fail to impress or achieve the same heights - itís commonly called the second season syndrome.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Like Norwich and Southampton. I LOVE how the Nigels are talking about it as if it's a scientific IMPOSSIBILITY that we won't suffer 2nd season syndrome.

Remind me what happened in Gus's SECOND season with Brighton? Oh yes, we were top by 16 (SIXTEEN) points. That was really bad second season syndrome.

Four and a half years and just one relegation in that time, and the gate drops by 47,700.

No-one does plastic like Palace.
Old 16-05-2012, 10:12 AM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellotron
Like Norwich and Southampton. I LOVE how the Nigels are talking about it as if it's a scientific IMPOSSIBILITY that we won't suffer 2nd season syndrome.

Remind me what happened in Gus's SECOND season with Brighton? Oh yes, we were top by 16 (SIXTEEN) points. That was really bad second season syndrome.
in the third tier of english football. the championship is known as the most competitive league in england
Old 16-05-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellotron

read the definition again - it says second season IN A NEW DIVISION so apart from the fact that Southampton and Norwich were promoted after ONE season (therefore weren't affected by SSS) and the fact that you were promoted from from league one after roughly six years you are spot on
Old 16-05-2012, 10:19 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Not happening. Nothing to see here.
Old 16-05-2012, 10:21 AM

Mellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMellotron has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
in the third tier of english football. the championship is known as the most competitive league in england
My point still stands, it was far from "second season syndrome". Gus is a young manager and improving all the time, games like the 6-0 and 6-1 this season showed he still has a lot to learn, but under him we are only getting better and better.

Four and a half years and just one relegation in that time, and the gate drops by 47,700.

Old 16-05-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skindog981
read the definition again - it says second season IN A NEW DIVISION so apart from the fact that Southampton and Norwich were promoted after ONE season (therefore weren't affected by SSS) and the fact that you were promoted from from league one after roughly six years you are spot on
Yeah, I got it. I was giving another example of a second season syndrome. I love all these parameters and rules.

"It ALWAYS happens, if you're in the SAME division, for TWO years (not 3 or 1)."

You've all worn the straws out from clutching them so hard.

1. You'll go straight back down. - We didn't.
2. You'll be bottom half - We weren't.
3. You won't come higher than Palace - We did. Comfortably.
4. You won't get near the playoffs - We did.
5. Your stadium is shit - BHA win Best New Venue in the World, beating Juventus.
6. The attendance will dwindle next year - 4,500 more Season Ticket Holders.
7. You'll have second season syndrome. - Hahahaa

Crystal Palace truly are the gift that keep on giving.

Last edited by Mellotron; 16-05-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 16-05-2012, 10:55 AM
LLLLLLL (0 Goals)

EagleEater EagleEater EagleEater EagleEater EagleEater EagleEater EagleEater EagleEater EagleEater EagleEater EagleEater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Isn't that the syndrome you were constantly tagging Millwall with last season? Where did they finish again??? Oh yeh, above your shower of Selhurst shite! Even if Brighton finished 10th again next season you delluded **** wits would be saying 'Wait till you suffer from 3rd season syndrome' That's how desperate you lot are!

Palace suffer from 'every season syndrome'
Admin #3 looms - "ALWAYS THE VICTIM, IT'S NEVER THEIR FAULT!"
Old 16-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Banned by Moderators

Miss_Selhurst has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMiss_Selhurst has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMiss_Selhurst has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMiss_Selhurst has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMiss_Selhurst has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMiss_Selhurst has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMiss_Selhurst has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMiss_Selhurst has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMiss_Selhurst has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMiss_Selhurst has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMiss_Selhurst has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
retarded troll
thanks, but Im more clever than you who tags your BBS character with all your personal employment details. Fraser Hyldon the Special Features Editor, phone number 0161 817.....

People who live in glass pallaces shoudnt throw insulting stonnes. Now behave and respek your fellow BBSers, there is far too much bullying on this site from the inside cliques. May be thats why our club isnt welcoming enough to newbies & kids. A welcomming club = bigger crowdz to home games = money = success.
Disagree with my opinyons, but dont call me names
Old 16-05-2012, 12:30 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Selhurst
thanks, but Im more clever than you who tags your BBS character with all your personal employment details. Fraser Hyldon the Special Features Editor, phone number 0161 817.....

People who live in glass pallaces shoudnt throw insulting stonnes. Now behave and respek your fellow BBSers, there is far too much bullying on this site from the inside cliques. May be thats why our club isnt welcoming enough to newbies & kids. A welcomming club = bigger crowdz to home games = money = success.
Disagree with my opinyons, but dont call me names
i have nothing to hide and none of those details are on my profile (To view the link you have to Register or Login) here so well done for googling my name. pretty easy info to find as i am there only person in the world with my name. another example of what a sad troll you are, perhaps you should get a job rather than spending your time creating trolls on here
Old 16-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Looking forward to this thread next May. Delusional tesco bags.
Old 16-05-2012, 04:59 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro

Others, perhaps with delusions of grandeur, risk hoisting themselves by their own petard of smug complacency.
I hope you're not talking about Bright*n - They came a wonderful 10th last season you know, despite full houses (ok, let's forget the 1500 empty seats and games moved to accommodate Uni Open Days & Bonfires), buying top quality strikers (CMS) and having a player who will be Spain's star performer in Euro 2012.
Old 16-05-2012, 05:01 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEater
Post your predictions here - I can feel it in my waters that this is the season Palace will start their downward decent into the lower divisions, starting with relegation from the championship! I am predicting a 22nd place finiish! feel free to bump this thread at the end of the season
Over 30 years in top two tiers , close thread