Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 19-08-2015, 11:42 AM

Niel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Paul View Post
Thought he did very well on Sunday, with almost no support or service.
Won his fair share of headers, held the ball up and kept possession well and hit the post.
There was a moment where he very cleverly laid the ball of to Puncheon to shoot (over), with a nice chested pass, despite falling backwards, which if it had been Murray people would be raving about his 'intelligent play'.
Has the potential to be a great #9 for us for many years to come and we should support him.
Who can we buy that is better than what we have, to give him support or service?
Old 19-08-2015, 11:45 AM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
lets get behind wickham like he's never had for a while.......im sure if he continues to work hard (like he did on sunday) goals with the right service will flow.....
really looking forward to cham playing just behind him...should be good for both of them
Old 19-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Right up the Sainsbury's.

Jim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think it's also fair to say that as a CF, there are teams that you can press into making mistakes and there are teams where it's pointless wasting your energy.

Arsenal are so calm at the back that when we did chase down a defender on Sunday, they just played a neat passing triangle around us and hit us on the break if we pressed high.
Old 19-08-2015, 11:56 AM

Niel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiel Smillie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCoach View Post
lets get behind wickham like he's never had for a while.......im sure if he continues to work hard (like he did on sunday) goals with the right service will flow.....
really looking forward to cham playing just behind him...should be good for both of them
Just out of interest, who would you drop to allow Chamakh to play behind Wickham, just to give him the right service people are saying he didn't get?
Old 19-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niel Smillie View Post
Just out of interest, who would you drop to allow Chamakh to play behind Wickham, just to give him the right service people are saying he didn't get?
I think Punch will play out wide and we will increasingly play Bolasie OR Wilf rather than play with 2 flair wingers. Then dependent on the match/performance the other winger will swap in later.

I would also like to see Cabaye, Chamakh and Puncheon on the pitch at the same time. Wickham in front of them could be interesting. I would add a weird clause to Cham's contract. i.e. the more shots he takes the more he gets. Not worried about him missing - or it's a risk I would be willing to take
Old 21-08-2015, 11:32 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
Do you actually hope that Palace players fail? Do you sit in the ground hoping he miss controls it, hoping that he doesn't win a header just so you can come on here and act like a twat.

Support him in a Palace shirt or piss off a support someone else.
ha ha..... oh so i HAVE to think he is great otherwise i shouldnt be a palace fan??!
Old 21-08-2015, 11:57 AM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niel Smillie View Post
tricky eh?.....I've been very consistent that if one plays Kelly Delaney or Hangeland alongside Dann then Jedi has to play in front of them which leaves cabaye (because we paid so much for him ) as 'playmaker' to play alongside him. He's equally competent at his defensive duties when fitter...
I think punch offers more consistency than Bolasie and Zaha who would share the other wing positions and who is more disciplined and allow Soaure to bomb forward. Murray or Wickham would be up font supported by Cham.

my player of the year and golf buddy james mccarthur gets dropped to the bench !!!....unbelievable ........I hope he doesn't work out who I am !! it all goes back to the signing of cabaye .......sign a pacy centre back then MacArthur would be retained at jedinaks expense (my favourite player) .......we're see how the season pans out but think this will be our first eleven.
no room for sentiment in my selection ....we have history to create. passport at the ready
Old 21-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
We need to sick with Wickham and give him a run.
Why buy him otherwise.
Old 21-08-2015, 12:27 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
We need to sick with Wickham and give him a run.
Why buy him otherwise.
Please don't expect too much from Wickham in the way of a goal return , 9 goals in 91 games at Sunderland suggests to me that on that form our fans will soon be on his back

not me though , only because my expectations of the boy are not high

still , we've paid sooo much for him , Pards will have to play him to justify the outlay , whatever his form
Old 22-08-2015, 05:45 PM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How bad is his injury?

Anyone?
Old 22-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilem View Post
How bad is his injury?

Anyone?
Would have been good in today's game what's happened to him?
Old 22-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Desperately missed today. Seriously.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 22-08-2015, 10:49 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Would have been good in today's game what's happened to him?
I've seen 3 post match interviews with Pardew and yet no one has asked him about Wickham and what's happened.
Old 22-08-2015, 10:54 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Typical, we needed him today and he was good against Arsenal but yet another striker injury to the list. Out for two weeks I think I heard
Old 23-08-2015, 07:02 PM

nomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathers54 View Post
Typical, we needed him today and he was good against Arsenal but yet another striker injury to the list. Out for two weeks I think I heard
He has a history of injuries. Played well against Arsenal but it was a big risk paying 9 million for him. Would rather Pardew had persevered with DG but not as a lone striker.
Old 23-08-2015, 11:15 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bump. Any news on his injury?
Old 24-08-2015, 05:36 AM

palacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Well least he watched the game.

One thing that does worry me we seem to be chopping and changing with only 3 games into the season. We looked lost in the first half and Wickham needs to play on a regular basis.....
Old 24-08-2015, 09:17 AM

palacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Connor Wickham - Knock

Old 24-08-2015, 09:49 AM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
If Wickham had put in the performance that Glenn put in on Sat, he would be getting a rollicking on here. Not that I want people to slate our players but Glenn seems past criticsm for his performance on Saturday.

Let's give the lad a chance.
Old 24-08-2015, 10:04 AM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post

Well least he watched the game.

One thing that does worry me we seem to be chopping and changing with only 3 games into the season. We looked lost in the first half and Wickham needs to play on a regular basis.....
Great photo on his instragram account - ground looks superb in it.