Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-06-2018, 08:50 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Thanks to an over enthusiastic self career promoting Judge maybe doing the governments bidding...
Tommy won't be marching but will be marched for!
Saturday is going to be interesting in London....
Old 04-06-2018, 09:07 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Anyone know why Stephen Lennon calls himself Tommy Robinson these days?

Never has been anything more than a sound of his own voice lover, rabble-rouser and irrational hater of all things seemingly muslim.

Could be wrong, of course, but i await the evidence that he isn't.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:08 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Anyone know why Stephen Lennon calls himself Tommy Robinson these days?

Never has been anything more than a sound of his own voice lover, rabble-rouser and irrational hater of all things seemingly muslim.

Could be wrong, of course, but i await the evidence that he isn't.
And a Judge has just it him center stage .... This will help social cohesion no end.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:35 AM

legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Judge was doing something I'd have thought you'd have approved of.Simply upholding a centuries old basic tenet of English law.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:59 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Thanks to an over enthusiastic self career promoting Judge maybe doing the governments bidding...
That really is extraordinarily dumb. First the judge is merely following the law.

Secondly, the law is made by parliament; I thought you approved of sovereignty?

And thirdly, as has been evidenced quite a lot recently, the judiciary are independent of government.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-06-2018, 10:01 AM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
That really is extraordinarily dumb. First the judge is merely following the law.

Secondly, the law is made by parliament; I thought you approved of sovereignty?

And thirdly, as has been evidenced quite a lot recently, the judiciary are independent of government.
13 months .... So Parliament told him that you think.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:12 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
I try to steer clear of all this stuff as there are constant arguments on here about it however why is there no thread on Muslim marches/preachers? It seems the left only worry about one side.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:14 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
I try to steer clear of all this stuff as there are constant arguments on here about it however why is there no thread on Muslim marches/preachers? It seems the left only worry about one side.
WTAF....

SaulAlinsky
Old 04-06-2018, 10:14 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Old 04-06-2018, 10:17 AM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
WTAF....
See? Why can I not just have a normal conversation. I am on no sides and like to steer clear of things but on Twitter, here etc it seems people are a lot more bothered about Tommy Robinson etc than the Muslim equivalent? It is a fair question isn't it?

I am clueless tbf as hate politics and hate negativity but it is an observation!
Old 04-06-2018, 10:38 AM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
See? Why can I not just have a normal conversation. I am on no sides and like to steer clear of things but on Twitter, here etc it seems people are a lot more bothered about Tommy Robinson etc than the Muslim equivalent? It is a fair question isn't it?

I am clueless tbf as hate politics and hate negativity but it is an observation!
so you want a thread where people demand the release of rightfully convicted muslim hate preachers?
Old 04-06-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
so you want a thread where people demand the release of rightfully convicted muslim hate preachers?
This thread was started before he was convicted. As I said, I am not taking sides but can think of a very high profile Muslim preacher but cannot see a thread on him. It was only an observation.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:47 AM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
This thread was started before he was convicted. As I said, I am not taking sides but can think of a very high profile Muslim preacher but cannot see a thread on him. It was only an observation.
Who is that preacher?
Old 04-06-2018, 10:48 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Usually when people want a thread on something, they start it.

I've certainly seen plenty of discussion of Muslim hate preachers on here before though. Perhaps the search facility may help?

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:

There’s no one arguing that the ‘Muslim equivalent’ is a good man, persecuted by our apparently Orwellian government. There are seemingly millions online (or millions of accounts at least), worldwide, arguing that about Tommy Robinson. That’s why he’s a bit more of a talking point.

Anjem Choudary, if there is a thread then it does not seem very active?
Old 04-06-2018, 10:51 AM

Thanks Smileysmith and CP-RJW.

CP, I understand what you're saying about Tommy Robinson being a talking point. Personally I just see a lot more people get angrier about him than other people.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:51 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Anjem Choudary, if there is a thread then it does not seem very active?
Probably because he is in jail, much like this thread will die when Tommy is in prison.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 04-06-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
Probably because he is in jail, much like this thread will die when Tommy is in prison.
My point still stands that people seem to be a lot more vocal about Tommy Robinson and the equivalent. Is he in jail already?
Old 04-06-2018, 10:55 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks Smileysmith and CP-RJW.

CP, I understand what you're saying about Tommy Robinson being a talking point. Personally I just see a lot more people get angrier about him than other people.
I don’t think it’s anger about Tommy Robinson, it’s anger (or annoyance) towards the people who mindlessly support him. A violent, bigoted football hooligan who has repeatedly broken the law, and has been justly arrested again, is being treated by some as a martyr. If there were this many people openly supporting Choudary, I’d expect the same amount of animosity, if not more.