Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 10:17 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We can still stay up but with Hull and Swansea finding some form it will be a tough ask. Sunderland losing 4-0 after beating us 4-0 says a lot about our task and how bad we are. The break has come at a good time for us to regroup for the Boro game.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:29 AM

sherstonpalace is just too good for yousherstonpalace is just too good for yousherstonpalace is just too good for yousherstonpalace is just too good for yousherstonpalace is just too good for yousherstonpalace is just too good for yousherstonpalace is just too good for yousherstonpalace is just too good for yousherstonpalace is just too good for yousherstonpalace is just too good for yousherstonpalace is just too good for you
Although I hate to be a wet blanket, has anybody looked at Middlesborough's away form this season?
Old 12-02-2017, 12:50 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
They are really not, why do people keep saying this?
er, swansea and hull? Hull have just taken 4 points from the wankers and scousers. Swansea have turned the corner.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:52 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01 View Post
Allardyce is far worse. Pardew never lost the players he just had a gung ho attitude that lost us points near the end of games.

Looking back we have done a Newcastle.

I can only see us getting to 36 points.

I must correct you on one thing.. Pardew had lost players.. punch.. Jedi.. damo... Townsend all had falling outs with him
Old 12-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Relegation-its all down to probability.

Some simple facts.there are 20 teams in this division.of those Arsenal,Spurs,Liverpool,Man Utd,Man City and Chelsea will never be relegated and Everton and West Ham may not be in the near future.That leaves 3 down from 12 or a 25 per cent chance of going down every season.its your club's turn when the perfect storm strikes-bad management,bad luck,injuries to key players,loss of form,loss of confidence,Afcon withdrawals,disharmony and bad signings.this season it's us but it's just round the corner for the rest of them.4 years is just about right for a club like ours I'm afraid.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:00 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
The probability reduces though each year we should have been streets ahead of the promoted clubs by the fourth season the hardest year is the first
Old 12-02-2017, 01:07 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
applying Bayes Theorem "given this is Crystal Palace the probability of relegation is 0.9999"
Old 12-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I must correct you on one thing.. Pardew had lost players.. punch.. Jedi.. damo... Townsend all had falling outs with him
To be fair whatever differences they had they still put in the effort during the match under Pardew. We have had managers 'lose the players before' but it never really looked like that to me under Pards. When we went behind there was a reaction and some real fight to get back into matches. Not trying to argue anything other than that point.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:21 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
To be fair whatever differences they had they still put in the effort during the match under Pardew. We have had managers 'lose the players before' but it never really looked like that to me under Pards. When we went behind there was a reaction and some real fight to get back into matches. Not trying to argue anything other than that point.
Maybe.. but something isn't right.. it hasn't been for over a year.. I wouldn't be blaming bfs.. however results under him have been poor and he needs to take responsibility
Old 12-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Maybe.. but something isn't right.. it hasn't been for over a year.. I wouldn't be blaming bfs.. however results under him have been poor and he needs to take responsibility
Seems fair. Re the latter. This is not time for us to be demonising BFS or anyone TBH. After 11 (8 P) games I had hoped for more than we have seen but there is nothing to do but look forward. What we do in the upcoming games is what matters. The bitching, moaning and looking for a victim that seems to keep some happy on here really doesn't help. I wish I could stay away. I have tried ....
Old 12-02-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Seems fair. Re the latter. This is not time for us to be demonising BFS or anyone TBH. After 11 (8 P) games I had hoped for more than we have seen but there is nothing to do but look forward. What we do in the upcoming games is what matters. The bitching, moaning and looking for a victim that seems to keep some happy on here really doesn't help. I wish I could stay away. I have tried ....
I agree.. I've also tried avoiding bbs this week......
Old 12-02-2017, 05:13 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
.4 years is just about right for a club like ours I'm afraid.
When you look at the state of the ground and the training ground, I probably agree, however if the likes of Stoke and Fulham can rack up spells of 10+ years, we should still be trying to beat the odds
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 12-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
So now on for about 36 points if we make the ones that I suggested we would have to. 36 points could easily be enough - however we don't look like making the points from the remaining games to keep us on target and we are running out of games to make up points in any kind of realistic setting. I'm looking at the next four games and wondering how on earth I was optimistic enough to suggest we could get a draw with spurs and the two home matches to Boro and Watford are big pressure game and our side just seems to crumble under that pressure.

Everton (h)......................D............L........... ....-1.................. -2
Bournemouth (a)..............L.............W.............+3... .............. +1
Sunderland (h)................W..............L..............-3.................-2
Stoke (a)........................D..............L....... .......-1..................-3
Middleborough (h)............W
West Brom (a).................L
Spurs (h)........................D
Watford (h).....................W
Chelsea (a)......................L
Southampton (a)..............D
Arsenal (h)......................L
Leicester (h)....................W
Liverpool (a)....................L
Burnley (h).....................W
Man C (a)........................L
Hull (h)..........................W
Man U (a).......................L
Five potential home wins given our form seems highly unlikely

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 12-02-2017, 05:21 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Five potential home wins given our form seems highly unlikely
The alternatives are away wins against S'oton and West Brom in exchange for a couple of the home wins. Possibly more likely given our home form but we may have to rely on one of the Manchester's being on the beach already by the time we play them or maybe ticked off because they have missed the top four. -

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 12-02-2017, 05:39 PM

16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
37 point will keep us up.
Thats 6 wins. Out of next 13 games is possible.
I believe we can do it. BUT..Winning next 2 games is key.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:37 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
I can't see us getting 30 points.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:39 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Unfortunately that is my opinion too.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 12-02-2017, 08:29 PM

moverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemoverman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
I agree, there's about 7 games there we won't get anything from.

I think we'll finish with 29 pts.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:38 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
................................Projected....Actua l.......Target +/-........Overall

Southampton (h)..............L............W...............+3.. .............. +3
Hull (a)...........................D............D...... ...........0................. +3
Man U (h)........................D............L......... .......-1................. +2
Chelsea (h)......................L............L........... ......0.................. +2
Watford (a)......................L............D........... ....+1................. +3
Arsenal (a).......................L............L.......... ......0.................. +3
Swansea (h)....................W............L............. ...-3................. 0
West Ham (a)..................D.............L.............. .-1.................. -1
Everton (h)......................D............L........... ....-1.................. -2
Bournemouth (a)..............L.............W.............+3... .............. +1
Sunderland (h)................W..............L..............-3.................-2
Stoke (a)........................D..............L....... .......-1..................-3
Middleborough (h)............W
West Brom (a).................L
Spurs (h)........................D
Watford (h).....................W
Chelsea (a)......................L
Southampton (a)..............w
Arsenal (h)......................L
Leicester (h)....................W
Liverpool (a)....................L
Burnley (h).....................W
Man C (a)........................L
Hull (h)..........................W
Man U (a).......................L

not feeling optimistic, but after their 2 week training/bonding break, maybe the team can respond a pull out a couple of unexpected results. And also relying on other teams to fck it up a bit

Last edited by foresthillbilly; 12-02-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:53 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
lose to boro and i think we will be down
Closed Thread