Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-01-2019, 09:55 PM

stumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Did anyone remember beating City away?
The word "away". Different kettle of fish. We're shit at home because we have to attack teams. Which is a massive problem as we haven't a decent forward.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:56 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
As much as some entitled fans might think, and I hate to admit it, but Watford are an effective team who are justifiably high up the league. Today does show us the way forward though as we cannot keep blaming missed chances. If the board want to do more than survive they have to provide additional funding.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:59 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppolette View Post
Best squad was last season but finishing was a problem then as well.
Agree on both points but the loss of RLC and Cabaye is massive
Old 12-01-2019, 09:59 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Miserable ****ers. Man City away, Wolves away. OK, they ballsed it up today, but you know how Palace are, they will probably beat Liverpool next week. Cheer up you bunch of moaning minnies. You've never had it so good.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:01 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Zzzzzzz
Old 12-01-2019, 10:01 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Writing off Max Meyer then?

I think two strikers is one too many in my opinion unless you sell one.
Not at all. I'd be selling Benteke and returning Ayew though. Enough with this ill fitting stuff.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:04 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Zzzzzzz
Keep awake, we aren't that bad, I suppose. We are a couple of places below where we should be but hopefully with Benteke and Wickham back we might score a bit more. Could do with an RLC type attacking midfielder though.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:06 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Keep awake, we aren't that bad, I suppose. We are a couple of places below where we should be but hopefully with Benteke and Wickham back we might score a bit more. Could do with an RLC type attacking midfielder though.
The football is dire. Two wins at home in 11. Can’t remember being this bored since the Taylor era.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:06 PM

Heppolette : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeppolette : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeppolette : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeppolette : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeppolette : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeppolette : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeppolette : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeppolette : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeppolette : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeppolette : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeppolette : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee sinnots ear View Post
Agree on both points but the loss of RLC and Cabaye is massive
Agreed. Fed up with hearing “we just need a striker”. We need a couple of midfield players and / or another winger who have half an idea where the goal is and give us scope / options.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
The football is dire. Two wins at home in 11. Can’t remember being this bored since the Taylor era.
Seriously? I can think of the first few matches in the PL under Holloway, the crap at the start of the promotion season under Freedman like at Bristol, some of the PL stuff under Warnock and the 4-1 depart against Sunderland. If you want to go back further I recall the third division, the trip back from Cardiff in League 2 in 77 when we sang "we are the worst team in the land", travelling the country in 80 when we were bottom of League 1 with our lowest points total and especially the Mullery years etc. My dad says I'm lucky because I don't remember division 3 south. You don't know how good you have it (only joking).

Late edit. Or seeing us lose by five goals at Oxford, losing at Hartlepool in the cup, the rubbish league cup game in the thunderstorm at Bristol Rovers, travelling to Wigan for a lunchtime game and conceding five and the matches under De Boer.

Last edited by Nth Kent Eagle; 12-01-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:16 PM

It's all relative. He's probably got the best squad we've ever had but he's so dull. I couldn't stand him as England manager and he's pretty pedestrian as our manager. Today was a new low.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:24 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Writing off Max Meyer then?

I think two strikers is one too many in my opinion unless you sell one.
Not at all. I'd be selling Benteke and returning Ayew though. Enough with this ill fitting stuff.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:25 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Play a different striker each half, lol. Heard it all today
Old 12-01-2019, 10:26 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Agreed. Fed up with hearing “we just need a striker”. We need a couple of midfield players and / or another winger who have half an idea where the goal is and give us scope / options.
We also do need a proper fecking striker too. It's blatantly obvious to the blindest blind man.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 13-01-2019, 02:37 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
I’m not sure we can blame RH for our players being unable to hit the proverbial cows arse with a banjo, can we ? We’re creating chances.

And today’s result was my fault. I got all positive on the crystal ball thread and went for a 3-1 win.

Don’t panic I’ll be back to my pessimistic best next week
He is largely to blame, as the tactic seems to be pass it into the net which means we are too slow in the final 3rd. How many times do we just pass it around the box, then one player tries an over ambitious pass and we lose it. Anytime we have a break, we decide to hold it up and give time for the other team to pack the box, it’s no wonder we can’t penetrate. Yeah it’s some nice passing in areas that don’t matter but so what if it doesn’t result in goals.

Give me traditional Palace counter attacking football any day, nothing like Bolasie bombing down the flank looking for Murray.
Old 13-01-2019, 03:18 AM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamesc_24 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I know it’s obvious to everyone but get a striker in and we’ll be top ten. It’s not my money to spend but it’s so fricking obvious it’s becoming a joke now.

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33
Old 13-01-2019, 06:08 AM

andy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I don't understand people giving Roy a pass because we haven't got a certain type of player be that midfielder, striker, whatever. Why isn't he held to account for what he's getting out of the players we actually have?

I always looked at the likes of Mourinho begging for more players and thought they were lazy because they were already sitting on a good squad and rather than adapt to what was available they stuck with their system and demanded the club spent money on players to fit it.

And now we have a sizeable group of fans prepared to see us spend money to "give Roy a proper chance" when we already have a squad of excellent players (yes with some deficiencies - but I'm merely suggesting we are a top ten side, not a top six one) and we're still having to put up with losing to Southampton at home (which might live longer with me than City away, sadly - one of those was a freak result, the other part of a pattern).
Old 13-01-2019, 06:20 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
I still love Hodgson but he looks jaded, unsurprising given his age, and I think he should knock it on the head come summer.
This isn't based on a handful of results. He came back to club management to prove he still had it. He's more than proved that but we must plan ahead.
A novelty for us I know.
Precisely how I feel. But it won’t happen. Parish is way too sentimental to pull the pin, and Roy is too stubborn to admit it. This will rumble on till the end of his current contract.
Old 13-01-2019, 06:30 AM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Fair point but Hodgson's tactics are letting the team down.
The tactics are creating more chances per game than I can remember since the late 70s

It’s the finishing throughout the team that’s the challenge
Old 13-01-2019, 06:36 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Play a different striker each half, lol. Heard it all today
Jordan Ayew is not a center forward and we have two coming back from injury.... 45 minutes each makes perfect sense under such circumstances for many reasons.
Getting back to match fitness, staking a claim to the slot, filling the hole in the team.