Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-05-2017, 04:14 PM

speagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I was talking to a colleague earlier on our breaks and we both agreed, isn't it strange that all the time the talks were on going everything calmed down and the service was pretty good.

As soon as the talks have broken down suddenly loads of infrastructure issues and trains breaking down. Call me a conspiracy theorist.
True, it's been good the last three months but this week we've had, problems at East Grinstead, short trains, broken down train at south Croydon, points problem at Norwood junction, broken down train this morning in Oxted and train home cancelled, broken down. More issues this week than the last three months combined. And it's rained a lot during rush hour

I do actually believe it's a coincidence but I can see why others may smell a rat.
Old 19-05-2017, 05:02 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I was at the time (and still would be if I thought it was justified).
Now, that it seems even some ASLEF members donít even know the point any more, Iím struggling to see it too.

My actual point from my post though, was the union might claim itís not industrial action, but the public will view that it is.

ASLEF are a complete shambles if weíre honest.

Have they really achieved anything over the last 6 months?

ASLEF/Southern/DfT haven't yet come up with a solution that is acceptable.
(Only ASLEF and Southern attend negotiations)

The cctv is still shitty
Disabled passengers are being left behind.
Southern are cutting staff when passenger numbers have doubled.
Nothing has changed.

It's strange talks have stalled around the time of a general election.
It's also strange the Gibb report is being held back until after the general election. To view the link you have to Register or LoginTo view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 19-05-2017, 06:13 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have there been any accidents - since DOO came in - which were caused by the shitty cctv?
Old 19-05-2017, 07:50 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
Have there been any accidents - since DOO came in - which were caused by the shitty cctv?

I don't know.
But if cctv is shit, it's not unfair to ask for improvements, is it?
Old 19-05-2017, 07:56 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I would genuinely love to know what percentage of serious injuries / deaths (that were preventable) there are per year to how many trains run. Got to be miniscule like 3%.
Old 19-05-2017, 07:56 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I don't know.
But if cctv is shit, it's not unfair to ask for improvements, is it?
You can't really use that argument. Part of the agreement offered was to improve the CCTV.
Old 19-05-2017, 08:07 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
You can't really use that argument. Part of the agreement offered was to improve the CCTV.
That agreement was reached after we went on strike... before the strikes, Southern refused to discuss the issue.

I'm pointing out that the improvements in CCTV came directly from (forced) strike action.

Although there is still no timetable in place for improvements
Old 19-05-2017, 08:48 PM

Philipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhilipw : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I would genuinely love to know what percentage of serious injuries / deaths (that were preventable) there are per year to how many trains run. Got to be miniscule like 3%.
Eh? 3% of serious injuries to trains running per day is huge. - how many trains run per day ?
Old 19-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
Eh? 3% of serious injuries to trains running per day is huge. - how many trains run per day ?
Quite a lot. I am talking about nationwide, not just on Southern by the way.
Old 19-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If 3% of milk bought was off you wouldn't care. If 3 % of planes crashed you'd never fly.
Old 20-05-2017, 01:12 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Hell of a lot jump in front of the train... but otherwise, pretty impressive.

Quote:
New statistics published today by the Office of Rail and Road (ORR) show that the number of passenger journeys on franchised rail services in Great Britain reached 1.654 billion in 2014-15. This is the highest recorded figure since the series began in 2002-3 and an increase of 4.2% (67.3 million) on the previous year. This is also an increase of 69.5% since 2002-3, when only 975.5 million journeys were made.

ORR's 'Rail Usage Statistics' show the number of journeys made on the network and the distance travelled, providing an indication of the levels of demand for rail travel in Great Britain. The data for 1 January to 31 March 2015 (Quarter 4), shows that there were:

422.7 million franchised passenger journeys, up 3.7% (15.2 million) on the same quarter last year. 197.9 million of these were season ticket journeys, the highest number reported using season tickets since the data series began in 2002.
297.4 million franchised passenger journeys in the London and South East sector, a 2.8% (8 million) rise on Q4 last year.
33.0 million journeys in the long distance franchised sector, up by 5.8% (1.8 million) over same quarter last year.
92.3 million journeys in the regional franchised sector, a 6.1% (5.3 million) rise on Q4 last year.
0.53 million passenger journeys in the non-franchised sector, a 9% (0.04 million) jump over the same quarter in 2013-14.
Old 20-05-2017, 05:47 AM
Pokemon Trainer

So 2 deaths from accidents in the last 7 years. And how many trains are run a year?
Old 20-05-2017, 05:51 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
It's a lot, lot less than 3% Latvian Eagle. Although suicide statistics aren't included for obvious reasons. Nobody wants to publicise them.
Old 20-05-2017, 06:13 AM
Pokemon Trainer

That is what I am saying though. It is such a small number, no wonder no one really cares if there are Guards anymore or not.
Old 20-05-2017, 06:19 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
That is what I am saying though. It is such a small number, no wonder no one really cares if there are Guards anymore or not.
It's statistically the safest way to travel isn't it?

Although if you saw some of the night weekend trains in some areas you would fully understand why guards are still a necessity.
Old 20-05-2017, 07:13 AM
Fook my old Grannys boots

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
If 3% of milk bought was off you wouldn't care. If 3 % of planes crashed you'd never fly.
Good analogy

Not
Old 20-05-2017, 07:28 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Good analogy

Not
I thought he was implying Latvian was a milkman
Old 20-05-2017, 09:03 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
I thought he was implying Latvian was a milkman
Well I do always deliver!
Old 23-05-2017, 06:04 AM
Vendere e vincere

Heating on full blast on my train this morning. Just to make the start of the day that little bit more uncomfortable...
Old 23-05-2017, 06:08 AM
sleep chaser

Change carriages.