Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-05-2017, 09:39 AM
Naughty but nice

fioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Norwoodsman View Post
A mate and I once won £16 on Hangman where it gave us 'complete phrase' bonus three times in a row. Even approximately 17 years later it still seems too beautiful to have been true. I think we wasted it all on the same machine over next 90 minutes but **** me what a rush.
Used to often go to The Woodman in South Croydon with just a couple of quid and then the Give Us A Break machine would pay for beers and a kebab on the way home, Good days.

CPFC - Top 2 Tiers 1977 to ----

Seasons in the Top Flight - CPFC - 18 BHAFC - 5
Brig**on - Taking it since 1901
Old 19-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Because they are look-at-me tw@ts?
Is the correct answer.
Old 19-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
Er..don't you generally add it to water to make suds? Anyway, this is as nothing compared to getting at the sizeable amount of mayo that is impossible to retrieve from a squeezy bottle of the stuff.
At least with mayo bottle it's as easy as 1-2-3 to get gravity involved. Nice flat top.
Old 19-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
My wife who, after us both being in the house for the previous 4 hours, decides that the best time to have an in depth conversation about various important things is just as I am leaving for work.
Old 19-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
For some reason I find people who wear tie pins extremely irksome. It seems to be becoming more popular with the younger aspiring 'professional' (think estate agents, people who work in recruitment etc)
Agreed. (Neither Estate Agents or people who work in recruitment are 'professional', they just wear suits / dress up to go to work.)
Old 19-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Got 99 problems...

IpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is there another solution to stop a tie blowing around and slapping you in the face etc. when outside?

At school, people used to drop 2ps into the lining of their ties, which seemed like a great use of basic counter-weights for flappage avoidance. However in practical sense it was predominantly used as a makeshift cosh.

What with all the skyscrapers and stuff these days, walking through the city is like stepping into an air tunnel at times. I almost set myself alight once when my tie went mental and flapped straight into my lit cigarette. The sheer terror of it!

I haven't got a tie pin, but i don't object to a simple, functional one and they don't make me angry. Estate agents and recruitment consultants, yes they do make me angry but not for their ties, mainly for their complete lack of skill, lack of common sense and lack of intelligence.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill
Old 19-05-2017, 01:05 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
For some reason I find people who wear tie pins extremely irksome. It seems to be becoming more popular with the younger aspiring 'professional' (think estate agents, people who work in recruitment etc)
The slide clip ones, the small badge types ones or those peculiar spear things that go through the collar?

Where are you on lapel badges?
Old 19-05-2017, 01:37 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
The continued decline of the quiz machine in pubs.
That reminds me of the 2nd greatest scene in cinematic history (not including The Quiet Man) when 'John' starts larruping the bejaysis out of the quiz machine in the boozer because he "can't read".

Shadwell Army.
Old 19-05-2017, 01:56 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle View Post
if somebody could recommend a high quality alternative podcast to films showing in British cinema.
I quite enjoy the weekly slot Jason Solomons does with Robert Elms.
Old 19-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Freelance designer

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
That reminds me of the 2nd greatest scene in cinematic history (not including The Quiet Man) when 'John' starts larruping the bejaysis out of the quiz machine in the boozer because he "can't read".

Shadwell Army.
The scene that elevated ID to film classic.

http://www.behance.net/icondesigns
Old 19-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
Er..don't you generally add it to water to make suds? Anyway, this is as nothing compared to getting at the sizeable amount of mayo that is impossible to retrieve from a squeezy bottle of the stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
At least with mayo bottle it's as easy as 1-2-3 to get gravity involved. Nice flat top.
Some clever inventive type people have come up with an almost frictionless plastic which will revolutionise bottle manufacturing in the future.

I have seen (on TV) a demonstration using mayonnaise, where a bottle was turned upside down and within seconds, the dregs that were in the bottom had slid to the top. There was no mention of when we are likely to see these bottles in the shops though.

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 19-05-2017, 05:58 PM

Bipe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBipe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBipe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBipe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBipe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBipe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBipe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBipe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBipe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBipe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBipe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
The slide clip ones, the small badge types ones or those peculiar spear things that go through the collar?

Where are you on lapel badges?

I am referring to the slide clip ones here my good man. And the solution to wind flappage issues is simply to venture outside with your suit jacket buttons done up.

Whilst logging on, I will reiterate what I have said before on this thread and say that fit and healthy grown men who wheel around small travel suitcases in a busy station concourse rather than pick the ****ers up and carry them are absolute *****.

I lost my patience with one fellow who was wheeling around something barely big enough to house a pair of speedos through a packed Kings Cross tube station concourse today, and gave the **** of a suitcase a crafty kick on my way past him. It was a momentary release of inner rage which immediately made me feel better.
Old 19-05-2017, 06:15 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IpswichEagle View Post
Is there another solution to stop a tie blowing around and slapping you in the face etc. when outside?
Yes, don't wear it outside
Old 19-05-2017, 10:20 PM

cappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Julian Assange,comes over as smug creepy and obnoxious
Old 20-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAki Aki Aki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Pippa Middleton (who?) and the outrageous media love in and coverage of her wedding.
Old 20-05-2017, 02:19 PM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki View Post
Pippa Middleton (who?) and the outrageous media love in and coverage of her wedding.
Agree. Couldn't give a toss
Old 20-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Agree. Couldn't give a toss
Ironically this coverage is for the benefit of those who will be doing exactly that.

It's the arse factor from the other wedding.

It is, however, very annoying.
Old 20-05-2017, 02:30 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Whilst she seems desperate to try to keep up with her sister with a faux royal wedding of her own, I mostly blame the media for over-estimating the public's level of interest in this.

I can understand why it would be covered by certain magazines, but it isn't worthy of the national news. We didn't have all this hoo-ha when Diana's sister got married, and her family were 'real' aristos.
Old 20-05-2017, 02:37 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
imagine being one of the weirdos who care about this kind of thing. She's barely even a royal ffs, the no mark posho
Old 20-05-2017, 02:37 PM

Lingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLingfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Daily Mail have gone mad over it, couldn't give a toss.