Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-04-2017, 08:04 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Is anyone still up Peter Ward?
Alan Alan Mullery
Old 16-04-2017, 08:06 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashDCEagle View Post
I can barely believe that people say we speak the same language. "Ten Bob?" I'm trying to learn proper English, but it has been like learning a foreign language to be sure.
Ten bob is 50p. To be sure is Irish. HTH
Old 16-04-2017, 08:15 AM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTheOldGoat View Post
Who remembers that game at the Withdean when we were sat in a scaffolding stand and scored a last minute goal to win. Was it 3-2 and McAnuff !?
Wasn't it Dougie?
Old 16-04-2017, 08:20 AM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apologies. Was McAnuff. Dougie got his 100th goal in that game.
Old 16-04-2017, 08:24 AM

MrBling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrBling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrBling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrBling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrBling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrBling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrBling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrBling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrBling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrBling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMrBling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I don't usually get involved in these things very often, as i think the songs already created are usually pretty damn good, but how about this for next season?

To the tune of Andy Johnson's magic

Glen Murray was a legend
He wore a Palace hat
But now he's back at Brighton
We say F*#k off to that
He scored them with his left
He scored them with his right
But now we've got Benteke
He'll score all ******* night!!
Old 16-04-2017, 08:31 AM

riggers sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkriggers sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkriggers sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkriggers sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkriggers sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkriggers sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkriggers sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkriggers sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkriggers sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkriggers sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkriggers sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffle Coat View Post
Wasn't it Dougie?
The first time this rivalry really got some traction was in 1973 when Palace played them in a friendly at the Goldstone ground it was the first game my parents let me go to a game on my own.So off me and my mates went to the game from Hastings with my palace silk scarf I was 12. On the train there were some issues, but nothing could have prepared me for the mass brawlings which occurred in the park by the ground . After that I spent the next ten years going and coming back on the Victoria line with mainly Brighton supporters! I would say that the fact cup Matchest in 76 really cemented the rivalry.
Old 16-04-2017, 08:55 AM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I can barely believe that people say we speak the same language. "Ten Bob?" I'm trying to learn proper English, but it has been like learning a foreign language to be sure.
"bob" is/was a slang term for a shilling, which in pre-decimal currency was 12 (old) pence and 20 shillings to a pound. When decimalisation happened, the pound kept its value and a shilling was worth 5 new pence.
Old 16-04-2017, 09:16 AM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
We don't speak the same language. We speak English over 'ere.
Old 16-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
There's one team I get the most pleasure from seeing a defeat....Charlton.

For me, it's about the rivalry you grew up with, and them having shared the ground and their utter contempt at playing at Selhurst all added to the animosity. Their reaction to us getting relegated recently added fuel on the fire.

School friends were Charlton in my youth so it's stuck with me.

Traditionally I would always say Brighton are our rivals, but Charlton get under my skin.
Old 16-04-2017, 10:03 AM

Spiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpiderman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
I've been reading their forum recently and found it interesting to read about the relief of promotion (as it's a way to help with Brighton's debt).
Surely the only debt involved, is that of football in general who have now repaid it by having the greatest club that ever lived in the beloved Premier League.
I can forsee the only reason Brighton wont be champions is that every international break they will have all their squad away on International duty or have I been misled by NSC?
Old 16-04-2017, 10:36 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
There's one team I get the most pleasure from seeing a defeat....Charlton.

For me, it's about the rivalry you grew up with, and them having shared the ground and their utter contempt at playing at Selhurst all added to the animosity. Their reaction to us getting relegated recently added fuel on the fire.

School friends were Charlton in my youth so it's stuck with me.

Traditionally I would always say Brighton are our rivals, but Charlton get under my skin.

Agree. I've taken great pleasure in seeing the smug ***** abandon their club as the years have rolled on.

15 years ago you couldn't step out of your house without bumping to some **** in a Charlton tracksuit or seeing a Charlton window sticker.

Good riddance. *****.
Old 16-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Yep .. 4 years now since we broke them into a million pieces, so another helping of heartbreak is due .
We just need to send them down to complete the holy trinity of heartbreak at the Amex.

Checklist:

First team to win at Amex - TICK
Playoff victory at the Amex - TICK
Win at Amex which relegates the Weeds - 2018

Bring it on
Old 16-04-2017, 10:43 AM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
I'm not old enough to have witnessed the 70s, but for me it's still Brighton as our number one rivals, with Millwall in second and Charlton in third.

I started going in the early 90s and had heard about the Brighton rivalry, but they had always been far below us so I knew very little. We met in 2002 for the 5-0, and I remember driving up through Thornton Heath with my family and loads of Brighton fans were walking to the ground singing "we hate palace" and shouting and swearing at Palace fans. I wasn't really expecting that level of animosity. We went and spanked them and it felt great. Since then they have always been number one for me. The 5-0, the 3-1 and of course the playoff 2-0 are all in my top 10 all time games.

Now they have this stadium and are having a renaissance, it only intensifies the hatred from me. All these plastic fans crawling out of the woodwork, who all used to support Premier League teams- but are suddenly die hard Brighton. I know one guy who used to support Spurs AND Brighton- yet now seems to be just Brighton- I think there are many like him. They've been given a brand new stadium and an academy & training ground by their Sugar Daddy- giving them a massive financial advantage in the Championship- yet they still bang on about us being cheats for administration. The delusions of grandeur their fans consistently display is embaressing. They represent much of what is wrong with modern football for me. They are laughable Tarquins, and we must stay up simply to give them a bloody good hiding next year.
Old 16-04-2017, 10:53 AM

palacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In my opinion you cannot "create" a rivalry.

For some on here it will be Millwall although I don't see that myself since for me, it's Millwall vs West Ham.

For some on here it's Charlton - fair enough, they don't have anyone else but again, I just find them laughable.

For many on here it will be the ***** from the South Coast. I have my reasons, mainly fuelled from the many clashes in the 70s and if you came up to Palace from Horley, it wasn't just when we played them as our paths crossed on many a train journey. Had a lot of fun in the sun in those days and hate them with a passion. Always will.
Old 16-04-2017, 11:20 AM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have heard the comments about Millwall and West Ham being rivals but cannot manage to square that circle because in my life time ( over seventy years supporting Palace) I struggle to think that they have played each other very often.

Millwall were always our rivals and while I can understand the Brighton rivalry( I was at Stamford Bridge) they live miles away and we do not play against them very often.

Last edited by Harry Bassett; 16-04-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Old 16-04-2017, 11:36 AM

sideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I don't think millwall are bothered about us,I've been going since 78,,most times we played them the police just shut everything down,so it's always been Brighton for me they hate us as do Charlton,so it always gets a bit out of hand,
Old 16-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Contents May Vary

Robson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobson came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBling View Post
I don't usually get involved in these things very often, as i think the songs already created are usually pretty damn good, but how about this for next season?

To the tune of Andy Johnson's magic

Glen Murray was a legend
He wore a Palace hat
But now he's back at Brighton
We say F*#k off to that
He scored them with his left
He scored them with his right
But now we've got Benteke
He'll score all ******* night!!
Can't bring myself to sing anti-Murray songs. The guy was immense for us - remember singing 'scoring goals for Palace' to him on crutches at Wembley - and won't have anything said against him. Hopefully he will get a great reception when he returns - albeit with Brighton - next season.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 16-04-2017, 11:48 AM

New LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNew LP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns7 View Post
I don't think millwall are bothered about us,I've been going since 78,,most times we played them the police just shut everything down,so it's always been Brighton for me they hate us as do Charlton,so it always gets a bit out of hand,

Millwall love to give it that stuff about not caring about us. Funny how their home crowd doubles whenever we play them and they actually manage to take an away support somewhere when we play them.
Old 16-04-2017, 11:53 AM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
In my opinion you cannot "create" a rivalry.

For some on here it will be Millwall although I don't see that myself since for me, it's Millwall vs West Ham.

For some on here it's Charlton - fair enough, they don't have anyone else but again, I just find them laughable.

For many on here it will be the ***** from the South Coast. I have my reasons, mainly fuelled from the many clashes in the 70s and if you came up to Palace from Horley, it wasn't just when we played them as our paths crossed on many a train journey. Had a lot of fun in the sun in those days and hate them with a passion. Always will.
Bang on the money.
Old 16-04-2017, 12:14 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
HOL has a nice summary of all the matches between the clubs. We had a very large support at Brighton along the side on Boxing Day 1988, although there was no trouble that day if my memory is right.
To view the link you have to Register or Login