Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-04-2017, 12:39 PM

sideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
Millwall love to give it that stuff about not caring about us. Funny how their home crowd doubles whenever we play them and they actually manage to take an away support somewhere when we play them.
It's a day out for them,a bit of seat throwing then back to new cross
Old 16-04-2017, 02:23 PM
1st game Millwall home 94

Eagle Til I Die : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle Til I Die : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle Til I Die : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle Til I Die : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle Til I Die : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle Til I Die : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle Til I Die : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle Til I Die : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle Til I Die : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle Til I Die : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle Til I Die : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've been home and away to many Millwall, Charlton and Brighton games over the years. I've also seen many great moments in big games (Hopkin last minute Wembley for example).

But for me, no moment I've ever experienced in football has ever (and I doubt will ever) come close to being stood behind the goal and seeing Wilf score that second goal in the PO's at the Tampax. The joy, the relief, the pure ecstasy of that moment was (don't tell my misses) maybe even the greatest moment of my life. It's certainly the only goal ever that has got me to take my shirt off and whirl it around my head. Knowing that they now had no comeback and started streaming for the exits while we belted out qui sara sara in their backyard was priceless.

I know from talking to a few others that were at the game, that I'm not alone in saying that the final against Watford was a slight anticlimax in comparison to the semi. In my own 25 years of going home and away, I've seen us win several semis and finals before and most of our defining big games during that time, but that was my best ever "I was there" moment and I would give anything to experience even a fraction of that euphoria again.

Clearly everyone has their own opinion about Millwall, Charlton or maybe others too. But for me, Brighton is our biggest rival by such a massive margin.

I do look forward to and enjoy games against Millwall and the others, but when I know we have a game against Brighton coming up, I think about little else for ages.
A - Middlesbrough 3/4/10 *
FA Cup
H - Leicester 13/1/09
A - Wolves 23/1/10
N - Man Utd (Final reply) 17/5/90
League Cup
H - Torquay 11/8/09
A - Leeds 26/8/08
Play Offs
H - Bristol City 10/5/08
A - Bristol City 13/5/08
N- N/A (at all 4)
* = Last Overall Competative 1st Team Game Missed
Current Straight Games = 230
Correct at 11/02/15
Old 16-04-2017, 02:42 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Til I Die View Post
I've been home and away to many Millwall, Charlton and Brighton games over the years. I've also seen many great moments in big games (Hopkin last minute Wembley for example).

But for me, no moment I've ever experienced in football has ever (and I doubt will ever) come close to being stood behind the goal and seeing Wilf score that second goal in the PO's at the Tampax. The joy, the relief, the pure ecstasy of that moment was (don't tell my misses) maybe even the greatest moment of my life. It's certainly the only goal ever that has got me to take my shirt off and whirl it around my head. Knowing that they now had no comeback and started streaming for the exits while we belted out qui sara sara in their backyard was priceless.

I know from talking to a few others that were at the game, that I'm not alone in saying that the final against Watford was a slight anticlimax in comparison to the semi. In my own 25 years of going home and away, I've seen us win several semis and finals before and most of our defining big games during that time, but that was my best ever "I was there" moment and I would give anything to experience even a fraction of that euphoria again.

Clearly everyone has their own opinion about Millwall, Charlton or maybe others too. But for me, Brighton is our biggest rival by such a massive margin.

I do look forward to and enjoy games against Millwall and the others, but when I know we have a game against Brighton coming up, I think about little else for ages.
This makes me sad. The biggest regret of my Palace career was not getting a ticket to the second leg of the playoffs when I could've done because I thought we would get hammered in the first leg.
Old 16-04-2017, 02:43 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:

Great post. I regret not being there so much
Old 16-04-2017, 02:48 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
we don't want to be fcked over like this poor bloke,........

To view the link you have to Register or Login

what a bvmmer of a weekend
Old 16-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashDCEagle View Post
I can barely believe that people say we speak the same language. "Ten Bob?" I'm trying to learn proper English, but it has been like learning a foreign language to be sure.
Are you an Irish Septic Tank perchance?
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 16-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
Can't bring myself to sing anti-Murray songs. The guy was immense for us - remember singing 'scoring goals for Palace' to him on crutches at Wembley - and won't have anything said against him. Hopefully he will get a great reception when he returns - albeit with Brighton - next season.
Agree with this wholeheartedly, but there will be some real wankers in the stands slagging Muzza off.

Muzza was immense for us, so much so that when he went off injured v the weed at Selhurst we all thought the worst.

Not his fault Pardew wanted to get rid of him.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 16-04-2017, 03:23 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Quote:

This.....I got tickets quite late was surprised there was still some left...I feel sorry for the people who didn't go or preferred to watch it on TV...it comes second to the Liverpool semi final...as a game and the history it made but 1st for the sheer ripping of their plastic fans and happy clappers
Old 16-04-2017, 03:43 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns7 View Post
It's a day out for them,a bit of seat throwing then back to new cross
Back to dartford you mean. None of them live in new cross anymore.
Old 16-04-2017, 03:45 PM
One Henry Hughton

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
we don't want to be fcked over like this poor bloke,........

what a bvmmer of a weekend
Come off it mate.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 16-04-2017, 03:52 PM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is a lot more feeling of Charlton and Millwall rivalry than Brighton in the Kent suburbs where I lived for many years and this is understandable as there are supporters of all of these South London clubs vying for bragging rights and for years arrogant Charlton fans looked down on Palace not being a Premier League club whilst they lorded it over us but now they are well and truly the team living on past glories as they struggle in League 0ne from one crisis to another.

COYP.
Old 16-04-2017, 04:06 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
Agree with this wholeheartedly, but there will be some real wankers in the stands slagging Muzza off.

Muzza was immense for us, so much so that when he went off injured v the weed at Selhurst we all thought the worst.
I really hope you're wrong. I hope Palace fans have more class than that. That would make us no better than Chelscum fans booing Mourinho.
Old 16-04-2017, 04:36 PM

sideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesideburns7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git View Post
Come off it mate.
Brighton doesn't equally random queers,if your new to the rivalry,they won't be waving rainbow flags
Old 16-04-2017, 04:37 PM

Old git you were pulling up,and with good reason
Old 16-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
There is a lot more feeling of Charlton and Millwall rivalry than Brighton in the Kent suburbs where I lived for many years and this is understandable as there are supporters of all of these South London clubs vying for bragging rights and for years arrogant Charlton fans looked down on Palace not being a Premier League club whilst they lorded it over us but now they are well and truly the team living on past glories as they struggle in League 0ne from one crisis to another.

COYP.
Even that depends on the part of Kent you come from. For me growing up in the Eighties in West Kent it was all about Brighton as rivals but in the late 90's & turn of the Century, Charlton tried to take advantage of our financial difficulties which at the time got right under my skin as they ran free coaches and cheap tickets to games as an attempt to turn a Palace/Brighton region on the Kent/ Sussex border into their own.

Couldn't give a toss about them now. Who's laughing now.
Old 16-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace Echo did a detailed article about the Palace - Brighton rivalry. Worth a read;
Old 16-04-2017, 05:49 PM

Location: currently on steep hill overlooking Hastings and the sea
DocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDocSavage came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
charlton & milwall merely occasional passings
brighton not up to much

qpr have always been the team, club and fans i most dislike
Old 16-04-2017, 05:50 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brighton because it is mutual. Millwall have West Ham, Palace generally don't care about Charlton so it remains Brighton for me.
Old 16-04-2017, 05:54 PM
John Jackson #1

iwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To summarise:
Millwall are thugs
Brighton are twats
Charlton are not our rivals
Old 16-04-2017, 06:08 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Natural rivalries are actually just repressed affection. You've only got to mention Chelsea being the second biggest team in London to an Arsenal fan to set them off sneering about that status being Tottenham's. With Millwall and West Ham the repressed affection comes in the form of Millwall trying to hang on to its big brother's coattails. Liverpool and Everton are so in love with each other it's almost embarrassing, yet they call themselves rivals. Chelsea expresses its repressed affection either in the form of brotherly condescension (Wimbledon, Palace, Fulham) or by a juvenile penis castration anxiety where it lashes out (Tottenham, West Ham). Given that a lot of the banter from Palace to Brighton is homophobic in nature, there might be some element of Stockholm syndrome where Brighton are concerned; and for Palace, it might just be that we associate Sussex by the sea with day trips and holidays to the coast, and Brighton is a genuinely happy place to be.

So yes, it's a combination of Stockholm syndrome and nostalgia/envy.