Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-04-2017, 06:18 PM
CPFC 3 - Colchester Utd 2

Fish-IT sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFish-IT sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFish-IT sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFish-IT sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFish-IT sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFish-IT sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFish-IT sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFish-IT sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFish-IT sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFish-IT sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFish-IT sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Having read most of this thread , it does seem to be more about when you started supporting. My first game aged 12 was Aug 75 against Colchester.. So I came up through the years it kicked off with coffee and coins. So the scum are and always will be...them Seagulls.

Last edited by Fish-IT; 16-04-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:15 PM

RobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobertCPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When we played Spurs in the FA Cup last season for some reason (and I still don't know why) they brought Alan Mullery as a half time guest to be interviewed. He got an awful lot of abuse, nothing like I have seen before and is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:30 PM

Soarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
All you need to know is that they are scuzzy club on the South Coast of England. They're only our 'biggest' rivals at the moment as Charlton and Millwall are pretty much irrelevant.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:49 PM

Ogilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOgilvy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They are the fat ginger dick outside the kebab shop. You shouldn't really, but can't resist slapping the twat. Doesn't make him a rival, just makes him a sorry little prick whos desperate for attention and prefers being slapped than ignored.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:51 PM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was at the 5-0, the win at the Withdean, their first league loss at the Amex & the play off semi at the Amex, amongst others. I am genuinely delighted it looks like they finally made it up, & it will be the first fixtures I look for next season. I really hope we take 6 points of them & help to send them straight back down again. I also hope it doesn't get out of hand, but have a feeling it's going to be really unpleasant next season. I would implore the 'livelier' element of our crowd to firmly remember that support & hooliganism are not in any way interconnected.
Old 16-04-2017, 08:12 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Til I Die View Post
I've been home and away to many Millwall, Charlton and Brighton games over the years. I've also seen many great moments in big games (Hopkin last minute Wembley for example).

But for me, no moment I've ever experienced in football has ever (and I doubt will ever) come close to being stood behind the goal and seeing Wilf score that second goal in the PO's at the Tampax. The joy, the relief, the pure ecstasy of that moment was (don't tell my misses) maybe even the greatest moment of my life. It's certainly the only goal ever that has got me to take my shirt off and whirl it around my head. Knowing that they now had no comeback and started streaming for the exits while we belted out qui sara sara in their backyard was priceless.

I know from talking to a few others that were at the game, that I'm not alone in saying that the final against Watford was a slight anticlimax in comparison to the semi. In my own 25 years of going home and away, I've seen us win several semis and finals before and most of our defining big games during that time, but that was my best ever "I was there" moment and I would give anything to experience even a fraction of that euphoria again.

Clearly everyone has their own opinion about Millwall, Charlton or maybe others too. But for me, Brighton is our biggest rival by such a massive margin.

I do look forward to and enjoy games against Millwall and the others, but when I know we have a game against Brighton coming up, I think about little else for ages.
Well said that man.
Old 16-04-2017, 08:22 PM
Buying BFS a pint of wine

JAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJAS78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Til I Die View Post
I've been home and away to many Millwall, Charlton and Brighton games over the years. I've also seen many great moments in big games (Hopkin last minute Wembley for example).

But for me, no moment I've ever experienced in football has ever (and I doubt will ever) come close to being stood behind the goal and seeing Wilf score that second goal in the PO's at the Tampax. The joy, the relief, the pure ecstasy of that moment was (don't tell my misses) maybe even the greatest moment of my life. It's certainly the only goal ever that has got me to take my shirt off and whirl it around my head. Knowing that they now had no comeback and started streaming for the exits while we belted out qui sara sara in their backyard was priceless.

I know from talking to a few others that were at the game, that I'm not alone in saying that the final against Watford was a slight anticlimax in comparison to the semi. In my own 25 years of going home and away, I've seen us win several semis and finals before and most of our defining big games during that time, but that was my best ever "I was there" moment and I would give anything to experience even a fraction of that euphoria again.

Clearly everyone has their own opinion about Millwall, Charlton or maybe others too. But for me, Brighton is our biggest rival by such a massive margin.

I do look forward to and enjoy games against Millwall and the others, but when I know we have a game against Brighton coming up, I think about little else for ages.
Agree 100%. The playoff away win was the greatest game I've ever been to, I've never celebrated goals like that before. Literally running euphoric across the rows, wow what a night that was.
Old 16-04-2017, 08:25 PM

November85 is game warden to the rep rhinoNovember85 is game warden to the rep rhinoNovember85 is game warden to the rep rhinoNovember85 is game warden to the rep rhinoNovember85 is game warden to the rep rhinoNovember85 is game warden to the rep rhinoNovember85 is game warden to the rep rhinoNovember85 is game warden to the rep rhinoNovember85 is game warden to the rep rhinoNovember85 is game warden to the rep rhinoNovember85 is game warden to the rep rhino
Growing up in south London you don't come across many Brighton fans, and as we didn't play them in the 90s I didn't really get it at first. But once you do go to a Palace Brighton game, you know it's different from any other.
Old 16-04-2017, 08:36 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Why are people so oblivious to the obvious reason? We were the nearest club to Brighton so it is a local derby. Since the 90's, they've moved a couple of miles and Crawley have turned up but when they were at The Goldstone, Selhurst Park was the nearest ground. Nearer than Fratton Park even but only just.

You can say it's weird for us but not for them.
Old 16-04-2017, 08:44 PM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You only have to go back to these boards in the weeks leading up to the games when we played Brighton in the Championship before we got promoted to realise how people feel. These boards were absolutely humming for weeks.

For people new to all of this.

Brighton are undoubtedly going to be promoted and we look like we will stay up so next year you will experience something like you have never seen before. It will be unbelievable joy if we win and the absolute worst thing if we lose. If you can get a ticket to these games you must go. The normally (reasonably) civilised atmosphere at Selhurst will change. The passion level will rise to a level you will never have seen or experienced before.
Old 16-04-2017, 08:50 PM
XXVII

RUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
**** off Brighton! (spit)
Old 16-04-2017, 09:18 PM

hatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethatter8142 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
Agree with this wholeheartedly, but there will be some real wankers in the stands slagging Muzza off.

Muzza was immense for us, so much so that when he went off injured v the weed at Selhurst we all thought the worst.

Not his fault Pardew wanted to get rid of him.
I thank him for what he did for us, he is now a weed so **** him.
Old 17-04-2017, 03:40 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace will surely offer a live beam-back of the game at the Amex unless it is chosen for SKY or BT live coverage.

The atmosphere at the previous one was superb and very well attended with massive celebrations.
Old 17-04-2017, 04:04 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
Agree 100%. The playoff away win was the greatest game I've ever been to, I've never celebrated goals like that before. Literally running euphoric across the rows, wow what a night that was.
When that second goal went in time sort of stood still and the next thing I remember was being 20 rows further forward at the front of the stand in a big crush of delirious Palace.

They could beat us in both games next season but it will not matter one jot as we did them when it well and truly mattered.
Old 17-04-2017, 06:25 AM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
Our rivals are Brighton.

Charlton rely on us to define them and they stalk us.
EFA
Old 17-04-2017, 06:52 AM

Sharkba1t is like ice, their footing does betraySharkba1t is like ice, their footing does betraySharkba1t is like ice, their footing does betraySharkba1t is like ice, their footing does betraySharkba1t is like ice, their footing does betraySharkba1t is like ice, their footing does betraySharkba1t is like ice, their footing does betraySharkba1t is like ice, their footing does betraySharkba1t is like ice, their footing does betraySharkba1t is like ice, their footing does betraySharkba1t is like ice, their footing does betray
I'm fairly pleased we get a chance to play Brighton again..next season...unless we seriously fk it up. If we get relegated in the next few seasons I'd look forward to playing millwall in the championship. I have no wish to play against the clowns again...I want them to disappear.
Old 17-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
HOL has a nice summary of all the matches between the clubs. We had a very large support at Brighton along the side on Boxing Day 1988, although there was no trouble that day if my memory is right.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I seem to recall running skirmishes in the park outside the gallstone that year.

Was that the year we trashed their gates and other accoutrements too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 17-04-2017, 08:50 AM

TWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brighton are our main rivals for me. Now that we've almost secured our status I can't shake this feeling of being quite excited about the prospect of playing them in the premier league, and hopefully prison shaming them.
Old 17-04-2017, 08:52 AM

Bizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBizarro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Living amongst the weed I absolutely detest them. But I am quite excited about playing them (hopefully) next season. Just glad I'm going away for the rest of the week and won't be around for all their celebrations. I also really hope they don't win this afternoon so are denied a promotion at home.
Old 17-04-2017, 09:00 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLangers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we play them at the Amex next season then I bet some twat is selling Brighton Palace half and half scarfs .... and it would be typical of their fans to buy them