Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for
Labour 318 35.65%
Tories 286 32.06%
Libs 121 13.57%
UKIP 18 2.02%
Tactical against Tories 76 8.52%
SNP/Welsh Lot 4 0.45%
Local Nazi Party 18 2.02%
Other 51 5.72%
Voters: 892. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-04-2017, 02:18 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
..... bring back grammar schools, continue draining money out of comprehensives and privatising the health service......
Enough about you, El Ag; The Diary of Little Lord Fauntleroy aged 52 & 3/4s.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:18 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I think she pledged we would get our vote back.

Last modified on Friday 17 February 2017 11.24 GMT

Britons who have settled overseas permanently are to be given a “vote for life” in British general elections, the government has announced.

The current 15-year limit will be scrapped as part of a bid to strengthen ties with expats abroad following the decision to leave the EU.

The plans, which will have to be ratified by both houses of parliament, were announced on Friday by Chris Skidmore, the minister for the constitution, and follow a campaign by the second world war veteran Harry Shindler.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-04-2017, 02:19 PM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
If I were in charge of any of the main parties on the left, I'd have been sat around the table already working on a coalition party to take into this election. 5 parties (LAB, SNP, LD, Green, Plaid) under 1 banner, under 1 name, 1 candidate for each constituency, 5 key points they can all agree on to take forward to the electorate.
Why bother with Plaid Cymru? They are insignificant nationally.

Any coalition with the SNP will lose a huge number of votes/seats in England to the Tories and reduce the popular vote for Labour and number of contested seats (such measures are used for funding parties).

The Green's are an issue but there's already online platforms where you can swap your vote.

The Lib Dems and Labour have opposite policies with regards to Europe whilst the Lib Dem's have already stated that they would go into coalition with the Tories. But the Tories are already slating the idea of any form of Lib Dem-Labour coalition.

This idea is a non starter. Its simple, the anti-tory vote must go to Labour.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:24 PM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns7 View Post
Labour have never been able to run the economy,just waste it on trans gender knitting clubs while sending all there kids to private schools and loading up all their pensions, a horrible class of person.
Yes, except none of that is true.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:26 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
Btw haven't seen any reports yet on amending the law to enable the election, guess a formality though.
The law does not need to be amended?

Old 18-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
The law does not need to be amended?

Just needs the vote as you posted. No amendments of laws needed. something on the BBC earlier about it.

Still seems odd to have made the announcement then go to the House for the vote?
Old 18-04-2017, 02:29 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Thanks for that.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:33 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
Why bother with Plaid Cymru? They are insignificant nationally.

Any coalition with the SNP will lose a huge number of votes/seats in England to the Tories and reduce the popular vote for Labour and number of contested seats (such measures are used for funding parties).

The Green's are an issue but there's already online platforms where you can swap your vote.

The Lib Dems and Labour have opposite policies with regards to Europe whilst the Lib Dem's have already stated that they would go into coalition with the Tories. But the Tories are already slating the idea of any form of Lib Dem-Labour coalition.

This idea is a non starter. Its simple, the anti-tory vote must go to Labour.
I want to vote anti Tory. However, I could never ever bring myself to vote for Corbyn. I completely disagree with his policies and think he is insufferable and an awful politician. Has to be Lib Dem, and I think a lot of people will also struggle to go with Corbyn. I agree that his could split the parties, but I physically will not vote for Corbyn
Old 18-04-2017, 02:34 PM

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
That's the point, isn't it, to delay it?
If that's the case, Labour should vote against the election and let may deal with losing 24 mps and a majority.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:36 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
I have a genuine question, and I ask it as someone who thinks that the Tories will win a general election with a slightly increased majority.

But is Theresa May that popular? I mean is she popular enough to improve on what happened last time? If it were Cameron I would say that he would walk it but I find her awkward in her public speaking and dogmatic in her views. What do other people think?

I wonder if the SNP/Labour/Lib Dems will have the brains to not waste time and energy fighting each other but field one candidate between them in places they can win (so SNP unopposed by Labour and Lib Dems in Scottish safe seats, for example, or Labour unopposed in some of the London constituencies), with a view to forming a coalition and trying to make Brexit work for everyone.

Too revolutionary? Probably, but the prospect of another five years of Tory rule is genuinely frightening.

May is very dour, possibly more so than Brown. That shouldn't really matter but when she also seems indecisive and without a plan it makes it worse. Like you i think the Tories will increase their majority but i expect her to be totally useless in any live debates. Lots bold statements backed up with extremely vague ideas on how to implement them.

As for a coalition i think labour will be the problem with that. I suspect they will field a candidate in every consistency. Which is a shame because a center left coalition could really challenge a poor government.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:37 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
I want to vote anti Tory. However, I could never ever bring myself to vote for Corbyn. I completely disagree with his policies and think he is insufferable and an awful politician. Has to be Lib Dem, and I think a lot of people will also struggle to go with Corbyn. I agree that his could split the parties, but I physically will not vote for Corbyn
Labour might as well concede now .
Old 18-04-2017, 02:39 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchelmsfordeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Doesnt look that good for the Lib dems

interesting stat. Surely the important thing is the number of people that involves? are the 36% of lib deb swing voters more or less than the 11% of tory swing voters?
Old 18-04-2017, 02:40 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Good point.

I expect turn out will increase substantially.
I'm not so sure. A lot of people will still be effectively disenfranchised due to constituency boundaries and that makes them apathetic to voting, even if they have strong opinions.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
I sympathise with your issue re Corbyn. But obviously we don't vote for PM's we vote for parties and Labour has plenty of good people in it. However if you're so opposed to Labour policies the Tories have contrasting policies that are presumably a better fit? but you don't like them either. Possibly a Lib Dem vote could dilute a Tory governments evil, that's the only reason I could see for possibily voting Lib Dem.
Old 18-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Doesn't theresa need a two thirds majority to get an election?

Fixed Term Parliament Act 2011. Another of Cameron's great ideas.
Old 18-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
I'd assume nobody in Scotland will vote Tory ... ?

Old 18-04-2017, 03:04 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
I sympathise with your issue re Corbyn. But obviously we don't vote for PM's we vote for parties and Labour has plenty of good people in it. However if you're so opposed to Labour policies the Tories have contrasting policies that are presumably a better fit? but you don't like them either. Possibly a Lib Dem vote could dilute a Tory governments evil, that's the only reason I could see for possibily voting Lib Dem.
Ultimately the key issue in this election is brexit. Other policies, while important, are secondary. I refuse to vote for the Tories for their brexit stance. I refuse to vote for Labour on the basis that I think Corbyn is useless and I disagree with many Labour policies. Lib dems seem to be the closest I can get to what I want.

In reality, I think there isn't a single political party I agree with. I have to go with the one that is most similar
Old 18-04-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
Doesn't theresa need a two thirds majority to get an election?

Fixed Term Parliament Act 2011. Another of Cameron's great ideas.
Labour have already agreed - that makes more than 66%. An opposition could nver refuse an election and maintain any credibility.
Old 18-04-2017, 03:07 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
If I were in charge of any of the main parties on the left, I'd have been sat around the table already working on a coalition party to take into this election. 5 parties (LAB, SNP, LD, Green, Plaid) under 1 banner, under 1 name, 1 candidate for each constituency, 5 key points they can all agree on to take forward to the electorate.
This is what is necessary with our unfit electoral system
Old 18-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
I have a genuine question, and I ask it as someone who thinks that the Tories will win a general election with a slightly increased majority.

But is Theresa May that popular? I mean is she popular enough to improve on what happened last time? If it were Cameron I would say that he would walk it but I find her awkward in her public speaking and dogmatic in her views. What do other people think?

I wonder if the SNP/Labour/Lib Dems will have the brains to not waste time and energy fighting each other but field one candidate between them in places they can win (so SNP unopposed by Labour and Lib Dems in Scottish safe seats, for example, or Labour unopposed in some of the London constituencies), with a view to forming a coalition and trying to make Brexit work for everyone.

Too revolutionary? Probably, but the prospect of another five years of Tory rule is genuinely frightening.
Read a piece on this recently where they asked voters who prefer May as PM whether this was because of her strengths or Corbyn's weaknesses. It's a near 50/50 split

Full piece here:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Heb 7:4; 18-04-2017 at 03:17 PM.