Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 07-10-2016, 09:31 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great night, long way by coach as too young to drive but well worth it. Parents (big Palace fans) picked me up from the ground at about 4am. Several other cars there collecting others and remember getting off the coaches and everyone singing. Seem to remember the Clifton being open and a few people piling in there but may have been another match. Remember the first team playing in the reserve match on the Saturday at SP, big crowd all with radios in hand and the players kept coming over to find out the score of the Mansfield Wrexham match. Really good times.
Old 07-10-2016, 02:54 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wonderful night and I even went to the Wrexham v Mansfield game , happy days - I would say better than todays football ( money obsessed ) .
Old 07-10-2016, 04:24 PM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This post prompted to re-visit the files (apologies for the quality). This one a shot of Ian Evans, challenged by Wrexham's Billy Ashcroft(?) with Micky Thomas and Dave Swindlehurst in the background
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wrexham v CP014 small.jpg (235.3 KB, 125 views)
Old 07-10-2016, 04:27 PM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Steve Perrin going close - not the goal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wrexham v CP020 small.jpg (207.1 KB, 104 views)
Old 07-10-2016, 04:27 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cad View Post
This post prompted to re-visit the files (apologies for the quality). This one a shot of Ian Evans, challenged by Wrexham's Billy Ashcroft(?) with Micky Thomas and Dave Swindlehurst in the background
Micky Thomas already looking overweight before he joined Man United.

Was on a train back to London just after he signed for them. United playing Chelsea and in the days when you could mix and chat to the players. My lasting memory was a very corpulent Louis Edwards, the then chairman. crashed out after tucking into another meal.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 07-10-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:29 PM

Phil holder gets in a shot. Still daylight, early first half
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wrexham v CP018 small.jpg (232.6 KB, 107 views)
Old 07-10-2016, 04:34 PM

Goal celebration. I think the last goal. Bad lights. I think about three weeks at f2.8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wrexham v CP023 small.jpg (250.7 KB, 176 views)
Old 07-10-2016, 04:35 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiebald Leitch View Post
i still want to know who nicked my sandwiches on the train back from Wrexham.
Wouldn't have bothered if I'd known they were Marmite.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:36 PM

Palace fans celebrate one of the first half goals. A lot of Bay City Rollers attire in there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wrexham v CP015 small.jpg (266.2 KB, 284 views)
Old 07-10-2016, 05:31 PM
BBS Voyeur

budgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Palace fans celebrate one of the first half goals. A lot of Bay City Rollers attire in there
Can see myself on the extreme left of the picture with the scarf, it was a great day, not sure my brother agreed, he had his nose split open by one of North Wales finest, but to be fair the Met that were up there treated him well.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:16 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Great find, did we really dress like that

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 07-10-2016, 06:23 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Great night
Was you based in N Wales then? Would've made it even better!.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:41 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgie View Post
Can see myself on the extreme left of the picture with the scarf, it was a great day, not sure my brother agreed, he had his nose split open by one of North Wales finest, but to be fair the Met that were up there treated him well.
Got a vague recollection that when Wrexham scored, although that end was entirely Palace fans, there was line of local Police and some of them celebrated.

Cue fists flying and several copper's helmets flying everywhere, some smashing into the very low roof.

Younger fans who went to Peterborough or Dover in recent seasons can possibly get an idea of how intense the atmosphere was - although there were around 20, 000 Wrexham fans on the other three sides (although Wrexham actually had two smaller stands at irregular areas back then, a truly weird ground!
Old 07-10-2016, 09:26 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigGcpfc View Post
A few of us went up to Wrexham for the Mansfield game. Surprised to find around 50 other palace there as well. Had a great day topped off with the Mansfield players clapping us, shaking our hands and saying they knew we were there and tried a little harder for our sake. One of my top 5 football days.
Wow that's superb
Old 07-10-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
Got a vague recollection that when Wrexham scored, although that end was entirely Palace fans, there was line of local Police and some of them celebrated.

Cue fists flying and several copper's helmets flying everywhere, some smashing into the very low roof.

Younger fans who went to Peterborough or Dover in recent seasons can possibly get an idea of how intense the atmosphere was - although there were around 20, 000 Wrexham fans on the other three sides (although Wrexham actually had two smaller stands at irregular areas back then, a truly weird ground!
How many Palace travelled?. Cheers in advance
Old 08-10-2016, 02:37 PM

Battle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBattle EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
One of my most memorable Palace games, left the Royal Navy that day, straight up to London, met up with mates then train to Wales absolutely mental day.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:53 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
My oh my. But we were young. Cheers Neil.

Went back uo there later for the court case. I was a witness by the way.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:44 PM
BBS Voyeur

budgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebudgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
My oh my. But we were young. Cheers Neil.

Went back uo there later for the court case. I was a witness by the way.
You wouldn't have been alone though Mick, there were several Palace fans who had to go back, a friend of mine went back and stayed overnight, and had a run in with the locals again, as they weren't impressed with the cockneys nicking there ladies.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:57 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
As an 8 year old boy I remember going to bed knowing we were 1-0 up and had the agonising wait until seeing the next morning's paper to find out the result! Imagine a world like that now....

I had that experience with the world cup quarter final with West Germany. The Germans had got back to 2-2 though and we know the rest
Old 08-10-2016, 09:04 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
How many Palace travelled?. Cheers in advance

The coach we went up to Wrexham on for the Mansfield game wasn't full from memory, probably less than 30, although Cad who posted those great photos on this thread would have a better idea - he was the coach steward.

I have heard that other Palace fans travelled separately to the game, but at a guess, as someone else has already said I think it would not be too much more than 50.

It was my first full season watching Palace home and away (I was only 13 at the start of the season) - the only game I missed was a midweek one at Sheffield Wendesday and we had a game abandoned at Lincoln when we were 1-0 up, I could not make the rescheduled game - which Palace lost 3-2 and apparently those that did got a 'reception' from the Lincoln fans!

A great season, so many memories, Palace juniors won the FA Youth Cup too, I think I was going to a Palace match every three or four days in April and May of 1977, we also travelled to Tottenham West Brom and QPR to follow the juniors as well as the First team games.