Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:24 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
Summary from football.london. Bottom up.

14:15 Kitchens closed at the training ground?
It didn’t cause disruption for us at all. It was a one-day event and we got the food in from outside. These things can happen, but we have spent a lot of money on revamping it and the facilities are good. It was a surprise to everybody and now everything is more than fine.

14:14 London Stadium - your impression?
It is so much bigger and such a vast stadium compared to Upton Park, which was much more akin to Selhurst Park. I think that has passed now. Almost half way through the next season, and there isn’t an advantage for teams going there, as perhaps there was early on.

14:13 West Ham - seeing Pellegrini's side now?
They have bought a lot of players, and the staff are new. They have to integrate the players with those long-standing players like Noble, you need an integration process, and their performances of late have been very good. This is one of those games where you know to get something you have got to be good. If we are good, and they are good, we will see a good game.

14:12 London derby
A team that is close to us, and we enjoy playing against West Ham. Always after defeat, people will be, maybe angry is too strong, but they won’t feel good about what has just gone, and they will want to feel good again. We have seen the other side now, and we don’t want it to happen again. It is a bit like a young child who manages to get a slight burn after venturing too close to the fire, they don’t do it again, and that’s how we feel. But West Ham will care as well, and they will go into this game every bit as desperate to win as we are. It boils down to how good we are and whether we can cause them enough problems.

14:10 Big occasions
Derby games are big occasions and you see the joy or sadness it can bring when these games are played, as we have seen. When we went into the game we went in with a burning ambition, but it was the first 25 minutes and the second goal really. The second one was worse, the guy who was a substitute scores with his first touch and it is a much harder task. Most Premier League teams are pretty hard to beat, particularly from 2-0 down.

14:09 Team news
We don’t have any injuries to report. We have the same players to choose from as the last two games.

14:08 Pellegrini
He took the [City] job when I was England manager, but I haven’t had a lot of close dealings with him. Man City players selected themselves.

14:08 Arnautovic missing
We are aware of good players and when a team loses a player to injury or suspension, I don’t concern myself with that. I have been told in the past that players are injured, how lucky you are, and his replacement has come in and got the man of the match. I am loathed to say that it will be easier because they are missing a player.

14:07 Bottom line
If you did take every chance that you created, it would be a very different world. A lot of managers are probably saying the same thing. The bottom line is league positions are important, but at the end of the season. You won’t get to a good position without some good performances along the way. Our performance on Tuesday didn’t satisfy us, but others have ad I know the players will be desperate to give a good performance on Saturday.

14:05 Quality
I don’t think we lack quality, but I will accept we haven’t been as good at converting chances. With Wickham coming back, and Benteke not that far away, Ayew playing well and Sorloth getting better, I don’t think it is right to discuss the paucity or lack of goals from our forward line.

14:04 Positive stats
Any stats that are positive for Crystal Palace I will accept, even if I am skeptical of them.

14:04 Stats - only two fewer shots than Arsenal. Is the league position a fair reflection?
I think we have been better than the league position, and have played better than it suggests. But up to the Brighton game, the performances have been good. This has come as an unpleasant cold shower for us, where we didn’t play as well as we wanted to. The important thing is to not allow that to affect us as a team. We have shown good intentions, but I am not an enormous believer in statistics.

14:02 The players care
They all care. Because fans are so important to the club, when you don’t give them the result they are wanting and hoping for, especially in a fixture like this, you can say we have let them down. But you can’t say the players weren’t working. We had 70 per cent possession and had goodness knows how many shots compared to theirs. We came across a Brighton team that played very well, and they got themselves into a 3-0 lead at half time. I thought the players tried hard to break through, but it wasn’t good enough to win the game. No-one was crying about it afterwards, we accepted it is a fact of life, as Burnley had to accept when we comprehensively beat them.

14:00 The mood in the camp
Mood fluctuates, it is bound to in football. We did so well on Saturday and everyone was buzzing on Monday, but the mood is fine. We all know we wanted to do better, but you have got to let that go. Nothing we say will affect that, and now we start with a clean slate against West Ham to try and play as well as we can.
I don't care about the result Roy, I understand Palace will lose more than they win, I care about a lack of effort and fight.... I also care half the team didn't acknowledge the fans at the end of the game. You get the feeling there are too many egos in this team. I am still ******* angry... I'm more pissed off than the cup final result.
I think me and Palace are gonna have a little break for a while...gutless *****
Old 06-12-2018, 04:38 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
Yes, but he didn't say when.
New Year before we see him on the bench would be my guess.
Grimsby?
Old 06-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Significant Udder

Direwolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
I donít think we lack quality, but I will accept we havenít been as good at converting chances. With Wickham coming back, and Benteke not that far away, Ayew playing well and Sorloth getting better, I donít think it is right to discuss the paucity or lack of goals from our forward line.

Bit confusing , losing 3-0 and still Ayew not used ?
Playing well at sitting on the bench presumably. Obviously Connor has yet to graduate from sitting on his sofa to sitting on our bench and doing it well.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:51 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I don't care about the result Roy, I understand Palace will lose more than they win, I care about a lack of effort and fight.... I also care half the team didn't acknowledge the fans at the end of the game. You get the feeling there are too many egos in this team. I am still ******* angry... I'm more pissed off than the cup final result.
I think with regard to not acknowledging the fans at the end, maybe thatís embarrassment at their performance/result, or fearing an angry response?

I donít think this team donít care, but theyíll know that the wheels spectacularly came off their wagon and just want to get to the changing rooms and have a major swear/tantrum/etc, out of sight of fans and media.

Not condoning their quick departure from the pitch, but giving an alternative explanation...and they canít have enjoyed hearing the Brighton fans mocking either.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:56 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I think with regard to not acknowledging the fans at the end, maybe that’s embarrassment at their performance/result, or fearing an angry response?

I don’t think this team don’t care, but they’ll know that the wheels spectacularly came off their wagon and just want to get to the changing rooms and have a major swear/tantrum/etc, out of sight of fans and media.

Not condoning their quick departure from the pitch, but giving an alternative explanation...and they can’t have enjoyed hearing the Brighton fans mocking either.
I'm sure the £40k+ they pocketed this week softened the blow: I had to pay money and rearrange work for the privilege of hearing Brighton fans' mocking.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:10 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is "didn't satisfy us" Hodgson language for "was total s***e"? Something of an understatement.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:31 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
I'm sure the £40k+ they pocketed this week softened the blow: I had to pay money and rearrange work for the privilege of hearing Brighton fans' mocking.
Well, if you truly think our players only care about the money and didnít care at all about losing then I suggest you stop putting yourself through that.

That didnít come across to me watching, but some did lose their heads and discipline.

Iíve seen much worse.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:31 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
No new injuries according to Roy.
Not even their pride.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:07 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think with regard to not acknowledging the fans at the end, maybe thatís embarrassment at their performance/result, or fearing an angry response?

I donít think this team donít care, but theyíll know that the wheels spectacularly came off their wagon and just want to get to the changing rooms and have a major swear/tantrum/etc, out of sight of fans and media.

Not condoning their quick departure from the pitch, but giving an alternative explanation...and they canít have enjoyed hearing the Brighton fans mocking either.
Bless em, nasty Brighton fans mocking.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:11 PM

grand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ayew playing well? I must have missed those 2 minutes.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:17 PM

akinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineakinbiyifan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
More pissed off than the cup final, wow way to keep things in perspective.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McGregor View Post
Ayew playing well!!!!
Yep. That was the stand out line for me.
Is Roy deluded, or if he is correct, why wasn't he bought on on Tuesday ?
Old 06-12-2018, 06:26 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:

Brighton players cared more than ours in my opinion.
As for fearing a angry response.... thatís no excuse. The players that just walked off took the fans support for granted.. a few platitudes on social media arenít enough. Football isnít cheap... we support our team better than most. The combination of a gutless performance and taking the fans support for granted will damage the connection between fans/club. Itís a two way street... they canít lap up all the praise when they play well, then hide when they play shit.
Just recently, Iíve seen things that indicate to me, that weíre lacking character and leaders. I saw a few players bottle headers/challenges (AWB/Meyer/Townsend) and donít get me started on Ayewís lack of balls for the spurs goal. Tomkins lost his head at Glen diving.... 30 seconds later he loses his man at a corner. Itís amateur.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:28 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by akinbiyifan View Post

Cup final we tried our best. Tuesday we didnít.

I hate Brighton more than Man United... there... Iíve said it.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:41 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
I assume by the ayew comment he will start Saturday
Old 06-12-2018, 06:52 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Although our decision making is comical at the top table Burnley was a must must win and the fact we did it was undoubtably a huge emotional release. Too huge obviously and we've not been able to go again in 3 days. Can't excuse it but one can see how it happened. The issue is what can we do to get another win minimum before the season halfway point.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:18 PM

johnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnp : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
I assume by the ayew comment he will start Saturday
No doubt he will be played out of position as well as Wilf to suit Roys highly successful narrow 442 formation which he has used from the year dot.

I cannot understand why the likes of Klopp and Guardeola don't copy his tactics.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:20 PM

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by akinbiyifan View Post
No I make him right,came close in two cup finals,I only listened to that shambles on the radio
Any Brighton game is the champions league,at least put some effort in
At least get sent off
Old 06-12-2018, 07:35 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
No new injuries according to Roy.
Surprised he didn't cause a couple himself the mood he must have been in after watching that utter load of s***e.

I think the players must've gone out early for the second half because standing about freezing your bollocks off was less uncomfortable and safer than staying in for Hodgson's half-time talk.

After the 4-0 Sunderland shambles they were all summoned for a Special Bollocking from the Chairman. They should have had the same after that.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:51 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well, if you truly think our players only care about the money and didnít care at all about losing then I suggest you stop putting yourself through that.

That didnít come across to me watching, but some did lose their heads and discipline.

Iíve seen much worse.
Thatís not really what I said, but considering the money they earn itís a bit much to suggest they didnít acknowledge the fans because they feared the response or didnít like the Brighton fans mocking.