Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:24 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post
I think Leicester are on paper weaker than all 3 teams that were promoted last season.
Really?

They are winning the Championship at a canter. I know that doesn't always count for everything when teams ger into the Premier League, but they surely look stronger than we were this time last year?
Old 02-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BW_Palace View Post
Not a chance.

Cardiff last year won the title but at no point really did they string together a series of brilliant performances. They relied on scraping narrow, often lucky wins. So it's not a massive surprise that they are struggling this year, when compounded with off the field issues.

Hull were about as good as Cardiff last year but had to invest very heavily to get to where they are now - they spent 27m this season.

We were extremely poor in the run up to the play-offs. Not sure anyone expected anyone bar Zaha (albeit for another team), Ward and Jedinak to comprehensively make the step up. The players as it turns out, have coped well and been helped by Pulis' setup, but I really don't think the likes of Delaney, Dikgacoi, Bolasie etc are clear Premier League players. They're decent Championship players playing above themselves.

Would expect Leicester to end up comfortably mid-table next season, around 13th-14th or so, perhaps higher.

You can, sort of, predict how well a team will do based off historical info. We know for example, how many less points/GD a team has upon promotion, on average. Obviously there will be fluctuations around these numbers but on average you can use it as a good predictor.

I don't think promoted team performance is really as random as people assume. The thing about all those title winners who faltered the following year, is that they often were getting very lucky in their promotion season. Reading of two years ago were often getting outplayed but getting lucky wins. Same for Cardiff last year. When Derby went up they weren't very good at all, again, scraping together fortunate wins. They all ran out of luck the next season. The QPR side you mention wasn't much to do with the players of the prior season but the awful transfer strategy the following years.

Leicester have stormed the league not just by getting results but by having performances befitting of their results as well, unlike the likes of Reading and Cardiff. That's why I'd be very surprised if they do anywhere near as badly as those sides did.
I'm basing my assessment of their likely success next year on the quality of their current squad (which I'm sure there'll improve). At present I don't think their squad is better than the one we were promoted with or Cardiff's but perhaps is on par with Hull.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:00 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post
I'm basing my assessment of their likely success next year on the quality of their current squad (which I'm sure there'll improve). At present I don't think their squad is better than the one we were promoted with or Cardiff's but perhaps is on par with Hull.
It's not

Players like Nugent,Dyer, Konchesky, Schmeichel and St Ledger are not good enough for the Premiership. Some have been there before and not been any good.

I would doubt Vardy's ability to step up to this league, considering the slow start he had in the Championship.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe walker View Post
You say that, Sam Vokes ruptured his ligaments on the weekend and is out for several months. Danny Ings is still injured.

EDIT: Sorry Santos-er beat me to it
I think Vokes is very average tbh! I was talking about Ings!

And if Burnley sacked Dyche (in response to palacea), I'd talk with Pulis to get him in as he's a top quality, young manager.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
It's not

Players like Nugent,Dyer, Konchesky, Schmeichel and St Ledger are not good enough for the Premiership. Some have been there before and not been any good.

I would doubt Vardy's ability to step up to this league, considering the slow start he had in the Championship.
Very judgmental on other teams players.

I doubt anyone outside Palace fans thought that Delaney, Gabbidon, KG were good enough to step up. Others would've said the same about Speroni, Ward and Bolasie, all had doubts around them.

It's pretty obvious that Leicester are a very good team, you don't win the league by that much otherwise.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
I think Vokes is very average tbh! I was talking about Ings!

And if Burnley sacked Dyche (in response to palacea), I'd talk with Pulis to get him in as he's a top quality, young manager.
Paul, do you really think Dyche would take a number 2 position with his reputation so high at the moment? Can't see it tbh.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 02-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Paul, do you really think Dyche would take a number 2 position with his reputation so high at the moment? Can't see it tbh.
I'd bet on Dyche's star falling rapidly next season. Victim of his own success/over achievement this season and the club's (understandable) desperation to stay in the PL. His career might be defined by his next job.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:35 PM

Odds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Waiting on a price for Leicester to stay up. Anything over 2.0 is good value for me.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
IMO, Dyche is a bright young manager, although still with a bit to do. Pearson on the other hand, is mediocre - no great tactical talent just dogged and organised (like Malky McKay).
Old 02-04-2014, 10:46 PM

Odds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How were Cardiff doing until Malky was undermined?
Old 02-04-2014, 11:06 PM
Burbs Palace

Typical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTypical Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
People forget lie-Chester have been spending oodles year on year for years now, since before Sven was there. They broke the bank for the likes of Nugent and Morgan(?) and Vardy.

It's ironic that only after blowing it last year and consolidating with what they've got (which is a lot, expensively assembled over yeas) this year that it's finally come right for them.

It's a world away from the Palace story of promotion, down to graft, home grown talent and astute low budget signings. It's more like Cardiffs 10m to fuel promotion albeit more of a slow burner.

Pearson is a prize cock who loves himself more than anyone else including his mum, dad, wife and kids.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:26 AM
Chamakh's Hairdresser

rhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for you
Don't like it when a team who spends a shed load of money are promoted. Hopefully they'll suffer the same fate as Cardiff.

Follow me on http://http://twitter.com/RyWalCP
Old 03-04-2014, 01:56 PM

BW_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBW_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBW_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBW_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBW_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBW_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBW_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBW_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBW_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBW_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBW_Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
It's not

St Ledger doesn't even play. Dyer has been excellent this season but has been usurped recently by Mahrez who looks class, far above the likes of Bolasie.

As Paul points out, you'd be surprised at the level of player who can at least appear competent if not entirely comfortably at Prem level. Not like this Palace side is full of top quality players, Ward+Chamakh aside.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typical Palace View Post
People forget lie-Chester have been spending oodles year on year for years now, since before Sven was there. They broke the bank for the likes of Nugent and Morgan(?) and Vardy.

It's ironic that only after blowing it last year and consolidating with what they've got (which is a lot, expensively assembled over yeas) this year that it's finally come right for them.

It's a world away from the Palace story of promotion, down to graft, home grown talent and astute low budget signings. It's more like Cardiffs 10m to fuel promotion albeit more of a slow burner.

Pearson is a prize cock who loves himself more than anyone else including his mum, dad, wife and kids.
Yep.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:01 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
Very judgmental on other teams players.

I doubt anyone outside Palace fans thought that Delaney, Gabbidon, KG were good enough to step up. Others would've said the same about Speroni, Ward and Bolasie, all had doubts around them.

It's pretty obvious that Leicester are a very good team, you don't win the league by that much otherwise.
That's the point of the thread.

None of those Leicester players will make a big impact at this level. No doubt in the summer they'll be chucking money around buying even more strikers.

How many Strikers do they have? About Eight?

I think they've been lucky that the teams from last season that just missed out haven't strengthened and the teams that came down are faltering.

In my opinion the Championship is as bad as it's been for years. Are Burnley and Derby really that good?
Old 03-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
All I can say is that Leicester1 and his mates, that we met at the Glam, are a nice bunch of down-to-earth chaps that will just enjoy following their club whatever the outcome.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:43 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Leicester1 is one of the better away fans. Nothing against Leicester even though they have spent a lot and it will be interesting to see how they do next season.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:50 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
after the claridge goal and living in leicester for years, i have to say i hate them! they think they are better than they are and there manager already left once, to go hull, so think its strange how everyone is climbing up his arse, as he is disloyal! nothing would make me happier than them getting relegated and us staying up! least i can go to away games easy enough vs them, other than that i dont really have any thought on leicester other than they are a bunch of tools!
Old 04-04-2014, 11:55 AM
BTC

Far East Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFar East Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFar East Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFar East Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFar East Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFar East Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFar East Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFar East Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFar East Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFar East Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFar East Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I just saw.a.Hong Konger wearing a Leicester shirt in Kowloon!!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That's the point of the thread.

None of those Leicester players will make a big impact at this level. No doubt in the summer they'll be chucking money around buying even more strikers.

How many Strikers do they have? About Eight?

I think they've been lucky that the teams from last season that just missed out haven't strengthened and the teams that came down are faltering.

In my opinion the Championship is as bad as it's been for years. Are Burnley and Derby really that good?
Just like DD / DG / YB / JW etc etc etc ?