Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 29-06-2001, 06:14 AM
Charging (somewhere else)

Eagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happening
Quote:
Originally posted by dorset exile
It hurts me to say it, but aren't we all a little envious of what Charlton have achieved?
Rather than predicting their demise,perhaps,just perhaps, we should be looking at how they have managed to comfortably survive in the Premiership and balance the books. I wish we could have done it (We should have after 1991 but ....)
What are you on about we survived for 4 seasons in the top flight in the early 90s (coming 3rd in one season)
Charlton have so far managed one season!
Old 29-06-2001, 12:07 PM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of the East
What are you on about we survived for 4 seasons in the top flight in the early 90s (coming 3rd in one season)
Charlton have so far managed one season!
I think he means how you should feel NOW not 11 years ago !!

Dorset Excile - I can't argue with anything you said - again.
It's how football fans should feel everywhere and you can't lose faith. Those that have seen my posts previous will know that I wish the true supporters like yourself well and that you DESERVE a change in fortunes. It's the people who run the show at Crystal Palace that don't deserve it - yet !! I'll always look forward to Crystal Palace vs. Charlton Athletic encounters in the future, so long as your still in our shadow
Old 29-06-2001, 07:51 PM
crap ball gazer!

bald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebald-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Feather

OK, we are at least a year or two behind Charlton. Everyone has to start somewhere and we really only started at the beginning of last season.
Charlton were in our position in the mid 80's and it's only the last 3 or 4 that people have seen them "make it". So that means it'll be more like another 5-10 years at least until were in anything like the good shape Charlton are in !
The trick at the valley has been that they must have one of the best boards in the league, not to mention one of the best managers.
However, as a club they are entering new waters (in recent times). They are now competing with clubs/teams who learn very quickly how to combat teams the second time around. I believe that unless they buy at least 3 or 4 good players they are going to get "found out", and will struggle to finish out of the bottom 6. I can't believe that players like Robinson, Johannsson and Salako will have anything like the influence they had last year.
Despite the (supposed) rivalry I hope Charlton survive. After all it would be better for us to go up and play them in the premier than the 1st. But by that arguement they'll have to stay up another 5 years at least.

I think that if SJ and SB do a reasonable job this year, mid/top half finish for example, then next season we ought to be looking at a half-decent challenge for promotion. But we still need to get a few squad players in get a little bit of consistency in our results, particularly at home. (which is something we've not had for at least 4 years)

Millwall should do ok and could even finish the season in or around the play off spots. Just look at Preston to see how success one year can carry over into the next. I think they'll need a coulpe of players just to cover people like Harris since they mean so much to the team. Defensively I'm not convinced they look that good. But then you don't necassarily have to be a good defensive team to get to the top of the 1st, just look at west brom.

Wimbledon should make the play offs, they'll be every bit as awkward as they used to be. But if they dont make it this year I think they'll go downhill quickly because the premier "parachute" money ends this season, and the only means they have of raising money is by selling players, which won't do their chances any good for subsequent years.

I'm going to include Gillingham in this, because I think they'll seriously struggle this year. They flattered to decieve last year by the fact they had one good spell which lifted them to the the top of the middle section of the division