Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old Today, 07:45 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
A lot of the ones I see would. This is a bankrupt argument based on a few cases where it suits against the many where real hardship is caused
Is that the case though? I haven't seen any evidence either way on this question but would love to see some.

Personal opinion can be hugely swayed by our own interactions with people, which may depend on age, location, profession as to whether we see the benefits of the contracts or the hardships.

I would be happy to see the law changed so that anyone on a zero hours contract has the right to demand a contract with guaranteed hours.
Old Today, 07:46 PM

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
But that's the same as Hermes put you on the cards reduce your parcel rates for no benefit it looks good tho,better off working self-employed
Bullshitters
Old Today, 07:51 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns7 View Post
But do you work in an industry such as construction ,were an immigrant can threaten your position,in the fact that they can under cut you. They live in houses 15 at a time ,tents ,vans,I did the the same in Germany in the 90s
But the Germans are engineers they don't like getting there hands dirty
I work for £3.75 m2they will work for £3.00

Who gets the job,I've seen good and bad standards from both but it's down to cost
Believe me I've seen it all
When I had something to do with construction, we would employ Indians and bring them in for projects. The problem with locals is they would get pissed up and go on drunken rampages on off days and destroy Scottish islands.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old Today, 07:53 PM
A source of real news

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
A lot of the ones I see would. This is a bankrupt argument based on a few cases where it suits against the many where real hardship is caused
That's just your experience, those that are happy with it won't be complaining about it.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

"United Kingdom. While 66% of those on zero-hours contracts were happy with the hours they worked, 16% felt they did not have an opportunity to work enough hours. About 17% of private employers used zero-hours contracts while they were used by 34% of non-profits organisations and 24% of public employers."

I must say some of this came as a surprise to me as my mindset has always been for fulltime work and a regular income. Banning zero hours is nonsense as you can just as easily give a 1 hour contract and there are some jobs that are entirely casual with set hours being impossible. Remember more than 16hrs you lose benefits.

Companies of any size will have some form of annual operating plan, they will know what their monthly income will be and that translates to targets and consequently staffing levels. To get rid of zero hours all you have to do is pass a law saying overtime is paid at a premium.

mik59 Brexit post 97654 "you could rule the result illegal tomorrow and still Brexit is enshrined in UK law"
Old Today, 07:57 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburns7 View Post
But that's the same as Hermes put you on the cards reduce your parcel rates for no benefit it looks good tho,better off working self-employed
Bullshitters
Ah so you want better pay, better conditions and guaranteed hours? Have i missed anything?

If people need guaranteed hours, holiday, sick pay, at least minimum wage then they should have a right to that.

If the company want more flexibility by offering better rates for a different type of contract that can also be the workers choice.
Old Today, 08:02 PM

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
When I had something to do with construction, we would employ Indians and bring them in for projects. The problem with locals is they would get pissed up and go on drunken rampages on off days and destroy Scottish islands.
The Indians were and still are good at shuttering and concrete ,that has never affected me so I have no problem with it ,iam/was a Plasterer
I would say a good percentage of there work was good but the economics meant they could undercut you as there living conditions aloud
But that's life I suppose
But don't be quick to judge people
Old Today, 08:18 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Mercedes Benz now threatening to move F1 from UK if no deal happens...
Old Today, 08:49 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Is everyone ignoring Clapham Rover’s succinct summing up on purpose? Looks about right from here. On his first point - nobody in mainland Europe could quite believe Csmeron’s gall in demanding even better and more exceptional terms for the UK, considering what you already have. It was a spectacular misjudgement of mood by the soft cheeked Etonian pig pleasurer, both in his own country and abroad, and set the tone for the subsequent fiasco. We still don’t know where that fiasco will end up, but I’m ******* glad to have some sort of escape route.
Old Today, 08:52 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Is everyone ignoring Clapham Roverís succinct summing up on purpose? Looks about right from here. On his first point - nobody in mainland Europe could quite believe Csmeronís gall in demanding even better and more exceptional terms for the UK, considering what you already have. It was a spectacular misjudgement of mood by the soft cheeked Etonian pig pleasurer, both in his own country and abroad, and set the tone for the subsequent fiasco. We still donít know where that fiasco will end up, but Iím ******* glad to have some sort of escape route.
Nope I quite like his posts and they make sense.

Already repped.
Old Today, 08:58 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
How the hell are Romania bottom?
That is even more interesting, isn't it? Pure guesswork but I think because it has not had the usual positive effect with most Romanians migrating from rural areas and what they send back in remittances reflect the fact that most end up in Italy/Spain, not rocketing economies, & the income received back home has a long wat to go to dent areas where 70% live below the poverty line. Otherwise the migrants are from health services etc & not been sufficiently replaced, so a knock on effect. Then, nationally, EU membership has had little impact overall on what is a corrupt country.
Old Today, 09:00 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Is everyone ignoring Clapham Rover’s succinct summing up on purpose?
I hope not: I know from personal experience that CR is an incisive political analyst.