Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 02-10-2017, 07:23 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Pick any 11 out of that little lot and they would still beat the shower of shit we have playing at the moment.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:40 AM

Repo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betray
Ricky Newman, Bobby Bowry, George Ndah - I think people are being a bit harsh on Padavano, yes he got paid a lot of money and didn't play for us (did he even last a whole game?), but it's not his fault he got injured so early in his tenure at Palace, we never got to see what he could do, he seemed popular during his time at Juventus (although he was a bit of a journeyman from what I remember).
Old 02-10-2017, 08:06 AM

BR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Some of Peter Taylor's signings - Tony Craig in particular looked out of his depth in an awful side.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:23 AM

Hal Low will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHal Low will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHal Low will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHal Low will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHal Low will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHal Low will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHal Low will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHal Low will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHal Low will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHal Low will cross the room to turn the lights down lowHal Low will cross the room to turn the lights down low
I have never seen a player as fat, as useless or as uninterested as Ruddock.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:10 AM

Repo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
I have never seen a player as fat, as useless or as uninterested as Ruddock.
I forgot about Paul Warhurst - useless fat bastard.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:46 AM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
I forgot about Paul Warhurst - useless fat bastard.
WTF?!

Warhurst was class! You're off your head mate.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:55 AM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Not the worst but Kebe was a shocking signing.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:03 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
WTF?!

Warhurst was class! You're off your head mate.
Yes, it puzzled me why someone would pick on Warhurst.

I saw him in my neighbourhood shortly before he left the club, he wasn’t fat.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:28 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
If I remember correctly wasn't he injured quite a lot once he signed for us. Definety wasn't the player he was at Sheffield Wed.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:45 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
I know shocking ain't it.
Probably to do with the fact he couldn't wait to piss off to QPR.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:52 AM

Warhurst was slow and lazy, a shadow of the player who got a call up for England while atr Wednesday.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
Warhurst was slow and lazy, a shadow of the player who got a call up for England while atr Wednesday.
He was injured and played out of position.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 02-10-2017, 11:05 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallet View Post
If I remember correctly wasn't he injured quite a lot once he signed for us. Definety wasn't the player he was at Sheffield Wed.
True, but he showed flashes of that ability. Him and Matty were the only two players on the same wavelength as Lombardo in that team.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:46 AM

Sydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP View Post
Bit unfair to single out Carl Veart, ok he was a very limited player but he did contibute something to the club in his time there, including that priceless goal in the play offs. Truth is that Lief Anderson was probably the worst player I've seen in my time watching Palace, he also scored in those playoffs of course....at the wrong end. But at least he cost us very little, it's people like Taylor, Zohar, Amsalem and Akinbiyi who still rankle because they took good money out of the club and offered so little in return.
He didn't score as his header actually led to a brilliant save by Nige but also a tap in for Charlton
Old 02-10-2017, 11:48 AM

Sydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
You've got to be kidding. He was a better left back than Sansom, and would have played there for England if he wasn't nuts.
Better than Sansom, I've truly seen it all now!
Old 02-10-2017, 11:54 AM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
He was injured and played out of position.
Thought he (warhurst) looked quality up front, intelligent player, and great in the air. Reminded me a little of a poor man's Teddy Sheringham. To put him anywhere near a 'worst CP player' category is barking! Class act.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:54 AM

sherstonpalace is like ice, their footing does betraysherstonpalace is like ice, their footing does betraysherstonpalace is like ice, their footing does betraysherstonpalace is like ice, their footing does betraysherstonpalace is like ice, their footing does betraysherstonpalace is like ice, their footing does betraysherstonpalace is like ice, their footing does betraysherstonpalace is like ice, their footing does betraysherstonpalace is like ice, their footing does betraysherstonpalace is like ice, their footing does betraysherstonpalace is like ice, their footing does betray
Hard to look past Itzak Zohar. Was it against Southampton that he missed that pen?
Old 02-10-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Thought he (warhurst) looked quality up front, intelligent player, and great in the air. Reminded me a little of a poor man's Teddy Sheringham. To put him anywhere near a 'worst CP player' category is barking! Class act.
Remember going to Leicester away where he played at the back and totally ran the game.
I think we had a problem in that we signed him as a striker and he clearly wanted to play at the back. I think he only ended up as a striker elsewhere when he got put there in an injury crisis and did well
Old 02-10-2017, 12:16 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Nick Carle
Hennessey
Andy Dorman
Tony Craig (and that other left back we bought that was shit, Jeff Hughes?)

Can't bring myself to put Calvin Andrew on the list, granted he was awful but he played a big part in keeping us up.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:24 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
Nick Carle
Hennessey
Andy Dorman
Tony Craig (and that other left back we bought that was shit, Jeff Hughes?)

Can't bring myself to put Calvin Andrew on the list, granted he was awful but he played a big part in keeping us up.
Nick Carle???!