Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Snuffed it, I'm afraid. Open the borders!
Old 24-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Snuffed it, I'm afraid. Open the borders!
I think you mean "boarders"?
Old 24-07-2016, 07:53 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
I read somewhere that 25 Tories have got together to form a group to 'ensure' we leave the EU ie the implied threat that if there's any watering down it'll be a GE
I heard similar. No rush tho for a GE yet. Pieces in place first
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Old 24-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
But it is though isn't it? I mean remainers and brexiters alike will decide what will happen. Or even more accurately the conservative Mps (mostly remainers and lead by a remainer) will decide what will happen and there is naff all anyone can do about it.

Except march of course. A good march always changes everything.
If thats what you think H thats fine by me.

Old 24-07-2016, 07:58 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Nth Kent Eagle wrote;

"So maybe those grand parents felt that the recent sharp increase in competition for jobs was harming the long term prospects of their children who aren't in occupations protected by barriers to entry."

I replied;

"Perhaps those Grandparents should have taken an interest in their childrens/grand childrens future much earlier. Ensuring they made the most of their education opportunities would have been more useful than making a voting choice based on gut instinct rather than an assment of the relevent facts.
Most of the barriers to occupation are directly related to education and qualifications and the influx of eastern european workers hasn't changed that dynamic. It may reduce pay in certain sectors but the offspring of your North Kent grandparents still enjoy a host of advantages over the immigrants. The reasons why they feel dissastisfied has nothing to do with EU membership. By throwing their lot in with those who would prefer that the market regulates employment terms and conditions, as opposed to EU Directives, they have ensured that the future of their grandchildren is even more uncertain."
What a pompous reply.

Dozens of people including myself have given examples of exactly what you claim isn't the case and yet you either can't be bothered to read them or just start and then stop saying to yourself 'racist'.

I gave an example earlier of a lovely lady who wishes to be a cardiac Radiologist but spent 3-4 years trying to get a placement after finishing her degree. Eventually she did one at Southend. She said that all the places were going to people from the EU. She was a second generation Sri Lankan who voted OUT.
Old 24-07-2016, 08:01 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
I decided after weeks of letting a few hysterical remainers post constant crap about UK economic doom and gloom and about how the EU wants rid of us ASP etc , I would give you something fresh to get in a tizzy fit about , You lot obviously need constant mini -drama's in your lives .
That's me done for while unless anything major happens , House prices are still trending down which is good and one of the reasons I voted brexit as you know , So I am a happy brexit bunny .
PMSL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 24-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Partially true but not entirely. With the best will in the world there will always be people with more natural advantages than others. Many people round here, whether it is true or not, feel that there has been a large increase in competition for those jobs not protected by barriers to entry which they believe, again whether it is true or not, has exerted downward pressure on wages and terms and conditions. Many also believe that the large increase in demand, often because several young newcomers are living in a house in competition with say a couple with young children, is putting up rents and house prices. Now they might be right or wrong but that is what people believe. Obviously much of the solution lies in our domestic politics but that assumes the smug London metropolitan classes are willing to share more of the country's wealth with those who grt their their hands dirty at work. That is far from certain. The lack of understanding and realism from the smug remain classes not facing those pressures is a cause of where we are not a solution.
I agree with much of this. Particularly about domestic politics and the growing disparity between haves and have not's. it is understandable that for many voters it was issues like these and not the pro's and con's of EU membership which determined their vote.
Old 24-07-2016, 08:06 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
If thats what you think H thats fine by me.
To be honest biggin I do. Unfortunately we do not have a government for the people. We have a government for some of the people. As long as they fulfill the EU question and water down immigration while leaving the EU they can't be seen as ignoring democracy.

Cunning by May to have boris and other brexiters in key roles negotiating the deal. Soon they will be doing speeches about what a victory Brexit has been for Britain and reminding everyone that we now have control (by virtue of a giant brake and being out of the eu).

Many purist brexiters and ukip supporters will be left feeling cheated. The bulk of both remainers and brexiters will believe what they read and the propaganda that will be thrown behind this. Purist remainers will bleat about how pointless this has all been and we will all just get on with it.
Old 24-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01 View Post
What a pompous reply.

Dozens of people including myself have given examples of exactly what you claim isn't the case and yet you either can't be bothered to read them or just start and then stop saying to yourself 'racist'.

I gave an example earlier of a lovely lady who wishes to be a cardiac Radiologist but spent 3-4 years trying to get a placement after finishing her degree. Eventually she did one at Southend. She said that all the places were going to people from the EU. She was a second generation Sri Lankan who voted OUT.
When have I called you racist? I find your concern for the Sri Lankan Radiologist commendable but I'm not entirely sure how she could be passed over for a placement in the way you descibe. It sounds illegal.
Old 24-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
To be honest biggin I do. Unfortunately we do not have a government for the people. We have a government for some of the people. As long as they fulfill the EU question and water down immigration while leaving the EU they can't be seen as ignoring democracy.

Cunning by May to have boris and other brexiters in key roles negotiating the deal. Soon they will be doing speeches about what a victory Brexit has been for Britain and reminding everyone that we now have control (by virtue of a giant brake and being out of the eu).

Many purist brexiters and ukip supporters will be left feeling cheated. The bulk of both remainers and brexiters will believe what they read and the propaganda that will be thrown behind this. Purist remainers will bleat about how pointless this has all been and we will all just get on with it.
Fair enuff. which are you in the above?

Old 24-07-2016, 08:16 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Fair enuff. which are you in the above?
Good question. I think I will be on the edge of the purist remainers. I will occasionally bring up with friends or colleagues how pointless it all was but will quickly realise that they frankly couldn't give a shit. At the start this will annoy me but after a few weeks I will learn to live with it, will then slowly forget about it, and will just carry on.

I won't ever admit to being in the middle camp though even if I am. In the unlikely event anyone ever asks me my opinion it will bring the purist straight out again
Old 24-07-2016, 08:19 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Good question. I think I will be on the edge of the purist remainers. I will occasionally bring up with friends or colleagues how pointless it all was but will quickly realise that they frankly couldn't give a shit. At the start this will annoy me but after a few weeks I will learn to live with it, will then slowly forget about it, and will just carry on.

I won't ever admit to being in the middle camp though even if I am. In the unlikely event anyone ever asks me my opinion it will bring the purist straight out again

Old 24-07-2016, 08:38 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
When have I called you racist? I find your concern for the Sri Lankan Radiologist commendable but I'm not entirely sure how she could be passed over for a placement in the way you descibe. It sounds illegal.
I didn't say that you called me a racist I said you may have stopped reading information as you considered the poster a racist.

She was passed over (her words) because those applying from the EU had 6 months to a year experience in their own country meaning they would be easier to train. Therefore they can be classed as having more experience. But how do you gain experience if you can't get a placement.

She also said that most of those that left uni with her were struggling to find placements for the same reason.

A complete waste of resources imo.
Old 24-07-2016, 09:05 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
To be fair I copied and pasted that sentence from Nth Kent Eagle's post.

But I am not the one deriding others for not educating themselves - if you are going to make a post like that you can't really make two awful spelling mistakes at the same time. That was my point. Normally I find it a bit petty picking on others spelling mistakes, but in this particular circumstance the irony justified it.
my spelling and grammar on the BBS is really bad

SaulAlinsky
Old 24-07-2016, 09:19 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle-leg View Post
There are plenty of very educated people that voted leave.
Sadly you are not one of them.

SaulAlinsky
Old 24-07-2016, 09:36 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
was that before of after they had played the biscuit game?
'or' instead of 'of'
Old 24-07-2016, 09:40 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
'or' instead of 'of'
To be fair to welt, as an alumnus of one of England's most expensive public schools he should be an expert on all there is to know about soggy biscuit.
Old 25-07-2016, 06:02 AM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Sturgeons now changing her tune.

No more talk about keeping scotland in the EU, but preserving the 'benefits' from EU membership.

Quite a distinction.
Old 25-07-2016, 06:20 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:

No more talk about keeping scotland in the EU, but preserving the 'benefits' from EU membership.

Quite a distinction.
Sorry, she is still talking about keeping Scotland in the EU, you must have missed it in the article.

From the article:

"The SNP leader has said she is ready to stage another *independence referendum if this proves the only way to maintain Scotland’s interest with the EU, but will look to see if this can be secured within the UK."

Nothing new in what she is saying. Just a confirmation of the discussions that have not yet been completed with May.
Old 25-07-2016, 06:39 AM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:

Quite a distinction.
To do with more Scots now preferring to stay with UK it would seem.