Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 19-05-2017, 02:32 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst300 View Post
Survival as a club and in the Premier League is my aspiration.
Spot on, but it would be nice to finish at least top ten, have a decent Cup run, ultimately feature in Europe and vastly improve our Stadium.
Old 19-05-2017, 02:40 PM

Bobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Woodruff : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Forty points by the end of March is my target.

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 19-05-2017, 02:45 PM

Maidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMaidstonecpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just survive, beat Brighton and have a cup run will do me.
Old 19-05-2017, 02:47 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
No.
Old 19-05-2017, 02:50 PM
John Jackson #1

iwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiwozjacko : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstonecpfc View Post
Just survive, beat Brighton and have a cup run will do me.
Just survive, beat Bright*n and have a cup of tea will do me.
Old 19-05-2017, 02:51 PM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not at all.

To some extent.

Very much so.

Don't know.

Old 19-05-2017, 03:01 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"It's by no means not beyond the realms of possibility that with a decent pre season and Allardyce picking up some great overseas players as well as keeping our current crop of talent we can challenge for the title"

It's beyond the realms of possibility.
Old 19-05-2017, 03:04 PM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought we didn't want those clappy things?
Old 19-05-2017, 03:07 PM
Cashback!

SEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Leicester winning the league was like a 1 in 100 year storm. It won't happen again probably in most of our lifetimes. I do think we could push for Europa League though under Allardyce. Whether we'd want that though is another thing altogether given the harsh timetable it inflicts and the pressure it puts on smaller squads like ours.
2012 - CPFC 3-0 BHAFC
2013 - BHAFC 0-2 CPFC (Play off Semi Final 2nd leg)
Old 19-05-2017, 03:09 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Don't think we will win it, but no reason we can't compete for Top 8. I think we are already the 8th best side in the league. Sign some good players, get a bit of luck, suffer no injuries and who knows, we might end up Top 4. Unlikely, but no pressure, no expectations, and that should help.

COYP
Old 19-05-2017, 03:11 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Finish as high as possible - and another decent crack at one of the cups.

The Silverware will be coming home next time.
Old 19-05-2017, 03:12 PM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ffs this is like a thread you'd see on North Stand chat...

Last edited by CP-RJW; 19-05-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 19-05-2017, 03:12 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The rationale seems fairly valid as to why there will be a shift in dynamics with the top 6, except for "Man City should struggle" with no explanation. Chelsea losing Costa and Hazard would be a blow, but would depend on replacements, ditto Man Utd and Zlatan.

But then, if it all did take place as the OP said, you would have everyone from West Brom down thinking the exact same thing about challenging for the title, and we would still need to finish above teams who have finished above us this season.

Add in that the transfer window isn't even open yet, so we have no idea who we are going to start the season with, let alone anyone else - that's partly the reason I'm not writing Brighton off quite yet - their fans may be deluded idiots, but Hughton is a decent manager who will know where they need to improve and what they need to do to survive.

In short - is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No.

Edit - to add a balance to it, I will be having my usual each way bet on us winning the league next season. Made a profit 2015 / 2016 when we were fifth, but a loss last season.
Old 19-05-2017, 03:13 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Ffs this is like a threat you'd see on North Stand chat...
Known troll tendencies.
Old 19-05-2017, 03:16 PM

Panther : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePanther : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePanther : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePanther : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePanther : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePanther : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePanther : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePanther : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePanther : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePanther : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePanther : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If we get no significant injuries and improve the whole squad, i.e. back-ups as well as first choice, we can aim at 7th or 8th. Anything higher is extremely unlikely.
Old 19-05-2017, 03:17 PM

grand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Survival...and smashing the weeds home and away will do for me!
Old 19-05-2017, 03:23 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
As many have said, No. We will all be dead and gone by the time something like that happens again. I still can't believe it happened even now- it was incredible. On reflection, with the financial dynamics I would even rank it above Forest in 79 & 80 as the all time biggest achievement in European Football. Its was incredible.

As for us, well it would be nice just to have a stress free Season and be able to enjoy it! We would be aiming for 10th I should think, and to get to 49+ points and set a new club record.

It's not impossible for us to get into a Europa League position at some point or even hopefully win a cup, if we keep building on these foundations- but I think that is our limit and ceiling for the foreseeable future.
Old 19-05-2017, 03:38 PM
Grand Wizard of Orpington

RCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRCUK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you mean 'doing a Leicester' and not getting relegated - then yep!

Id just be happy with a 6th season in the premiership.
Old 19-05-2017, 03:42 PM

HurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Feel like I'm clicking on a thread straight out of North Korea Chat.

Finish 17th and beat Brighton please. Anywhere above 17th/any cup runs is a bonus.
Old 19-05-2017, 03:47 PM

blanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for youblanksight is just too good for you
Beat Brighton twice, don't go down, good cup run, hold on to Zaha. All of those would make it a fantastic season.