Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 21-08-2018, 04:56 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apple Mac help please

Hi guys my five year old Mac
Has given up the ghost
Beach ball just keeps whirrling
can't even get to enter password lol
Only half the hd is being used
And there's bugger all on my desktop
Any ideas please?
It's ram can't be expanded unfortunately
I got only model it seems where this
Is the case...
Old 21-08-2018, 06:59 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco mixx kidd View Post
Hi guys my five year old Mac

Has given up the ghost

Beach ball just keeps whirrling

can't even get to enter password lol

Only half the hd is being used

And there's bugger all on my desktop

Any ideas please?

It's ram can't be expanded unfortunately

I got only model it seems where this

Is the case...

If there’s RAM slots surely it can be upgraded? Has a RAM module died?
Old 21-08-2018, 08:29 PM

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No ram slots on this Mac
I might just do factory reset
Can u do that?
No defrag etc for Mac's unfortunately
Old 21-08-2018, 08:34 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
No ram slots on this Mac
Can u do that?
Phone call to your local independent Mac expert. I used MacMan in Brighton & they have another store in T.Wells.
Old 21-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Back up your data and do a fresh install of the OS. If it's only cube years old will run the latest version.
Old 21-08-2018, 09:35 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
No ram slots on this Mac
Can u do that?
Old 21-08-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Back up your data and do a fresh install of the OS. If it's only cube years old will run the latest version.
Hello mate I erased hd,took seconds
Reinstalled os took 20 mins
Working like a dream wow
Cheers
I bought it six years back but specs seem ok
8 meg ram 1tb
It's loaded Sierra,is that the newest os?
I'm wondering if that's what was slowing it down
People say iPhones get sluggish as os gets fancier
What programs are essential? Anti virus etc? Thnx
I'm not going let kids run games anymore
My dad's original iMac CRT screen still works
So I guess for simple web surfing this should still be ok? Thnx
Old 23-08-2018, 07:33 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

People say iPhones get sluggish as os gets fancier

My experience is exactly this. My iMac is nearly ten years old. I have upgraded the RAM and it runs fine. I don't use any other apps or programs. I think it's on Yosemite and can't move on, so until that's no longer supported all is fine in terms of security.
My MBA is 6 years old and runs High Sierra. Again no extra apps/programmes to keep it safe.
One potential weakness is the MS Office package being quite old now. I only have that to make it easier for using Word Excel and Ppt.

I always recommend people consider a pre-owned Mac over a new laptop on MS. Unless its business or a gift, then it's a new one