Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 22-05-2018, 07:21 PM

nellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
iPhone 7 memory storage

Just ďupgradedĒ from SE to iPhone 7, with 32 Gb storage which I had on my old phone.

But thereís nowhere near enough storage for apps, music or even WhatsApp messages. I did a direct iCloud install thing so same stuff on old phone as new.

What went wrong?

What can i do to rectify?

Win when we're singing, we only win when we're singing, win when we're singing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

http://www.tackleafrica.org/
Old 23-05-2018, 12:46 PM

BigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Hard to troubleshoot the reason youíre seeing less storage (was the old phone running same version of IOS?), but regardless, if you open settings > general > iPhone storage you should see a breakdown by category of where youíre using your memory, app by app usage as well as some suggestions for freeing up space.
Photos/Music/videos (particularly) are often the main culprits, so have a cull or move to cloud/external storage, although Iíve often been surprised at the size of other apps.
If you donít use these anymore, delete them or figure out why they are using large amounts of memory.

You should also ensure youíre maximising your iCloud storage, even if thatís just the 5GB you get free.
WhatsApp and message backups can be surprising large, usually as a result of photos and videos that have been sent or received so may be some opportunity there.

Hope that helps....
Old 23-05-2018, 01:10 PM

BigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandBigR is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
P.S. Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom of the Apps list under iPhone Storage to check how much is being consumed by "System". I think this is usually around 6-10 GB unless you have some funky software installed, a lot of temp files or you had a problem with the backup and install. I know some people saw a lot of memory being used here after upgrading to IOS11.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:23 AM

nellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnellis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So turns out they sold me a phone which was half the memory of my all phone...

Win when we're singing, we only win when we're singing, win when we're singing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2018, 12:09 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Lolz. After all of BigR’s attempts to help figure it out.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
Lolz. After all of BigRís attempts to help figure it out.

Needless to say I appreciate the efforts.

Blame the incompetent chap from EE...

Old 19-07-2018, 09:11 PM

I didnít account for that eventuality but glad you figured it out!