Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old Today, 06:47 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
On the subject of annoying ignorant neighbours...ours is having work done to his front garden that involves having big blocks of paving cut by an industrial masonary saw. The workman are sawing them in his front garden and subsequently our car this past week has turned from shiny blue to a bloody sandy yellow mess. Same as parts of our front garden.

No warnings, no apologies...no ‘I’ll pay for your car wash bills’ or even quickly hose down our motor...no attempt to sweep up our garden...

Mrs Bubbs is doing her nut. We’re not really close with them next door, just on nodding ‘hello’ terms. I’m reluctant to go and say anything for creating bad blood and can’t be bothered with the awkward ignoring that will know doubt ensue everyday over a bit of dust. But I know if it was us doing that work we’d warn our neighbours and at least try and minimise the mess to those around us though. Just common courtesy surely?

Anyone been in a situation like this?
I’ve not been in such a situation, but I think I would make a big point of cleaning your car and garden while your neighbour is around and the work is being carried out. Make sure they see what you are doing. And if one of them is nearby just casually tell them to try to be a bit more careful.
It would definitely annoy me, so I know what you mean.
Old Today, 07:16 AM

LN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
On the subject of annoying ignorant neighbours...ours is having work done to his front garden that involves having big blocks of paving cut by an industrial masonary saw. The workman are sawing them in his front garden and subsequently our car this past week has turned from shiny blue to a bloody sandy yellow mess. Same as parts of our front garden.

No warnings, no apologies...no ‘I’ll pay for your car wash bills’ or even quickly hose down our motor...no attempt to sweep up our garden...

Mrs Bubbs is doing her nut. We’re not really close with them next door, just on nodding ‘hello’ terms. I’m reluctant to go and say anything for creating bad blood and can’t be bothered with the awkward ignoring that will know doubt ensue everyday over a bit of dust. But I know if it was us doing that work we’d warn our neighbours and at least try and minimise the mess to those around us though. Just common courtesy surely?

Anyone been in a situation like this?
Had three extensions and a new house built on neighbouring houses/gardens in the last five years around me. My lawn damaged twice by delivery trucks, car and house frequently covered in dust/dirt from the building work and woken up after night shift by noise. Never had one apology or thank you from anyone despite owners living onsite. I couldn't think of doing any large scale work on my house without thanking my immediate neighbours with a bottle of something for the grief but that's just soft old me?

Starting to think that building work that requires planning permission in a residential area should have a a mandatory nominal compensation fee applied for adjacent owners to compensate for cleaning etc as long as the work goes on.
Old Today, 07:55 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Some great advice there mate - thank you.

However, knowing me I’ll just continue with the pleasant ‘hiya’s’ and nod of the head while saying ‘COCKHEAD!’ aloud in my head.
Could you try to go round and politely explain the inconvenience his work is causing you?

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign