Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
My favorite author is, To view the link you have to Register or Login He has written two books now, Both are excellent reads.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:13 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
And here's me thinking that Matov was a Wierd-Free zone.

Who me ? Nope.

I have a secret hidden enjoyment of anything of a post-apocolyptic nature.

Give me a rainy afternoon, a pot of tea, a plate of biscuits and a book about Zombies or a super plague or anything else that causes the destruction of civilisation and I am as happy as a sand boy.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Banned by Moderators

danpalace5 is playing for a contract
Just finishing the Gerrard autobio. Good read.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:19 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by danpalace5
Just finishing the Gerrard autobio. Good read.

I refuse to read a footballing autobiography if the player involved is still playing at anything above the top two leagues.

Its just a con.

Sorry to be rude but its a disgrace that these players can get away with this.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:31 PM

Tim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
I have just finished "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Saffron Foer.

Tis a book from a 9 year old's perspective, who lost his dad in 9/11 and is coming to terms with stuff.
It is well written & very moving.
I recommend it.
I'm reading that. I agree.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Mat ov CPFC
Not my usual cup of tea but if its Zombies then I might.

Whats it called ?
The Walking Dead, I have just received volume 5 of it.
It's quite cheap for a graphic, at about £6 per volume.

From Publishers Weekly
Taking a well-worn genre—flesh-eating zombies overrun the world and the unlucky surviving humans must deal with the gruesome aftermath—and approaching it from a purely character-driven point of view propels this series into the spotlight from out of nowhere. This collection of the first six issues of the ongoing series opens with police officer Rick Grimes awakening from a gunshot-induced coma. From here, he's immediately dragged into a world where dangerous revenants are shambling amok without any sort of an explanation. From the moment Grimes comes to, it's a harrowing battle to avoid hordes of decomposing zombies and a hope-against-all-odds search for his missing family. Grimes makes his way to Atlanta, the nearest large city where there may be other living people, and events take several unexpected turns upon his arrival, as he meets up with a rural encampment of survivors. Of course, as in recent hit movies 28 Days Later... and Dawn of the Dead, the last humans may turn out to be as much a danger as the zombies. Forceful scripting that gives the book a strong grounding in reality, crisp b&w artwork, a shocking final sequence and brisk, gory proceedings elevate this book from the trash heap of pedestrian horror comics.
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does anyone want any of these books FOR FREE on Saturday in the Cherries?

Extremely loud & incredibly close - Jonathan Safran Foer
Rat run - Gerald Seymour
THe Protector - David Morrell
Old 12-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Knees Up Mother Earth, the seventh novel in the Brentford Trilogy, by Robert Rankin.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:41 AM

Anerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkAnerley Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Finished Sharon Osbourne, Started reading Devil wears Prada on the train this morning, I enjoyed the film, hopefully the book will be as good or better!
Old 12-10-2006, 09:41 AM
Liberal Filth

xab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallxab put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
I'm reading 'Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee' by Dee Brown. It's an Indian history of the American West, and I have to say it's one of the most depressing things I've read.
Old 17-10-2006, 05:27 PM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just started Life & Fate by Vasily Grossman, a (sort of) 20th century War & Peace based around the Battle of Stalingrad.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:35 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just read Chris Moyles book

S'alright
Old 05-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Banned by Moderators

Waste of Space is playing for a contract
Porterhouse Blue by Tom Sharpe. Very good and funny in places.

I also recommend Indecent Exposure. It was better than this one.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:50 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Waste of Space

I also recommend Indecent Exposure.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Banned by Moderators

Waste of Space is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Oddjob
. Its not actually about that...much...hehe
Old 05-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMad Max : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The First and the Last by Adolf Galand
Old 05-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max
The First and the Last by Adolf Galand
Read that years ago, great book.

Whilst on me holibobs I read the latest instalment in Jeffrey Deavers Lincoln Rhyme series which was good. Best one though was "The Princess Bride" by William Goldman. Excellent read and very funny.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is it just me or it everything shit - not as funny or ascerbic as it should be.

Dining with terrorists - very interesting and well written
Old 06-11-2006, 08:34 AM
Stark Raving Normal

Bangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by CurvyGirl
I would really like to get Dear Boy - the Keith Moon biography too.
Have read this. It's a bit long winded and puts paid to alot of the myths about things he was supposed to have done (like the car in the swimming pool etc). Unless you're heavily into him / The Who I wouldn't say it's a great read. There's another book called "Moon the Loon" which is apparently better although I've not read that.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:37 PM

Ben H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBen H : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
'He Kills Coppers' by Jake Arnott. Very good read.