Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-11-2001, 08:26 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
I'm reading Christopher Brookmyre, Quite ugly one Morning....... excellent read. I just finished his new novel, A big boy did it and ran away.

If you you like your novels scottish, violent and dripping in glorious Tartan Noir sarcasm............ go get em.
Old 12-11-2001, 08:46 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm currently reading the "What are you reading at the moment" thread on To view the link you have to Register or Login

Its about what people are reading, very interesting and well written, I would recommend it to all of you.
Old 12-11-2001, 08:52 PM

Simon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situationsSimon Forrest is very understanding, and so aware of all my situations
Quote:
Originally posted by The Omen
I'm currently reading the "What are you reading at the moment" thread on To view the link you have to Register or Login

Its about what people are reading, very interesting and well written, I would recommend it to all of you.
I am currently quoting a very funny post, from the same thread.
Old 13-11-2001, 07:55 PM
I Hate Millwall

samaul1cpfc is playing for a contract
im reading tear gas and ticket touts about hooligans at the world cup in 1998
Old 13-11-2001, 08:01 PM

G-MAN CPFC has to read the song lyrics on the big screenG-MAN CPFC has to read the song lyrics on the big screenG-MAN CPFC has to read the song lyrics on the big screenG-MAN CPFC has to read the song lyrics on the big screenG-MAN CPFC has to read the song lyrics on the big screenG-MAN CPFC has to read the song lyrics on the big screenG-MAN CPFC has to read the song lyrics on the big screenG-MAN CPFC has to read the song lyrics on the big screenG-MAN CPFC has to read the song lyrics on the big screenG-MAN CPFC has to read the song lyrics on the big screenG-MAN CPFC has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Capital punishment by dougie and eddy brimson good book about londons holigan following its good and gives you a insight in to londons firms
Old 13-11-2001, 08:03 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Did everyone else like that book about Castel di Sangro, then? It got on my nerves, actually, especially when he got so sanctimonious at the end about the team throwing the game.
Old 13-11-2001, 08:27 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Simon Forrest

I am currently quoting a very funny post, from the same thread.
I am currently reading a statement that was made on my original post about what I am currently reading.

I found the comment made was very kind and brought a smile to my face. I would reccomend this to..........not sure really, I guess a kind of sophisticated audience who appreciate the more expensive things in life- like a nice glass of red wine.
Old 13-11-2001, 09:20 PM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

lightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
In addition to the other books I mentioned (having wondered how others could read more than one book at once I seem to have discovered the knack!) I have also started "Staying Sane" by Dr Raj Persaud. Was recommended to me and is quite interesting.
Old 13-11-2001, 09:23 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by lightweight
I have also started "Staying Sane" by Dr Raj Persaud.
Did you buy that or just borrow it from a friend?
Old 13-11-2001, 09:27 PM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by lightweight
In addition to the other books I mentioned (having wondered how others could read more than one book at once I seem to have discovered the knack!) I have also started "Staying Sane" by Dr Raj Persaud. Was recommended to me and is quite interesting.
Ah, Dr Raj of the Bethlem...

Mental Toughness is one of his watchwords. Now who does that remind me off
Old 13-11-2001, 09:28 PM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

lightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Quote:
Originally posted by TAK

Did you buy that or just borrow it from a friend?

a friend recommended it to me partly because she was asking if I was going to do any more studying, and the only thing I'd come up with was possibly something in psychology, which I nearly did for my degree (was offered a couple of places but decided not to).
Old 13-11-2001, 09:32 PM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
Did everyone else like that book about Castel di Sangro, then? It got on my nerves, actually, especially when he got so sanctimonious at the end about the team throwing the game.
The Yank was a bit over the top by the end but a good book despite that, I think it would have been better if an Englishman had written it and it was a little less about how wonderful he was.
Old 13-11-2001, 09:32 PM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

Quote:
Originally posted by tmjwat

Mental Toughness is one of his watchwords. Now who does that remind me off
well that's enough to put me off reading any more!!!
Old 13-11-2001, 09:47 PM

KRYS is playing for a contract
BREAD ALONE by I have no idea, but its quite good
Old 13-11-2001, 09:58 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by KRYS
BREAD ALONE by I have no idea, but its quite good
Judi Hendricks I believe
Old 13-11-2001, 10:18 PM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Eagle

Judi Hendricks I believe
Crumbs!

Old 13-11-2001, 10:24 PM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

Quote:
Originally posted by tmjwat

he's also the keynote speaker at a conference I'm due to be going to next month......
Old 13-11-2001, 11:39 PM
Anonymous Coward

You'll come back ever so Mentally Stronger

...and be quite convinced that everyone's mad apart from you.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-11-2001, 11:49 PM
Oh south london

Eagles Fan has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Eagles Fan has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Eagles Fan has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Eagles Fan has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Eagles Fan has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Eagles Fan has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Eagles Fan has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Eagles Fan has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Eagles Fan has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Eagles Fan has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Eagles Fan has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
Lord of the Flies. GCSE English Literature. Non stop fun fun fun
Old 14-11-2001, 12:29 AM
Law abiding anarchist

Rash the Smash is playing for a contract
"Middlemarch" by George Eliot. I like some of her other stuff like "The Mill on the Floss" and "Silas Marner", although this is a bit heavier going.From a football perspective since the summer I have read "The Miracle of Castel di Sangro" absolutely top story also Simon Kupers "Football against the Enemy" I would recomend that to anyone who loves the game.It has some fascinating chapters on subjects such as football behind the Berlin Wall amd Rangers/Celtic from the Northern Ireland perspective. Having subsequently been to an "auld firm"I know how well researched that bit is.