Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murray
In Greek, the equivalent to these nom d'affections is 'Borekki' (sp?), which is a kind of pastry.

My Dad still calls it me and now he does my boys.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
Ruskin has confused you with elephant, whose Grandparents - we'll call them Dai and Megan - called him a plantain when he was just a little taff, OK? Got it?
Ruskin's plantos idea might well be right but what I've dredged up from the memory sewer is some word that sounds like a bit like it would be spelled 'gethkin' if in English. The snag is that might really come from some Irish word that I think I've heard Iarla O'Liornard (sp?) sing which may have infected my recollections.

I'm pretty sure they also used to call me a 'poor dab' if I'd hurt myself, say by sucking too hard on the coal, but I think 'dab' is the equivalent to 'dear' or 'love'.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:05 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
I'm reading Vernon God Little, took a bit of a while to get into it, but its an excellent book.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
What sufferings I put myself through for this BBS. I just braved a phone call to my mum - and missed The Simpsons as a result - to find out that what I was thinking of was 'bachgen' which is the plural of 'bach'.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
She can talk a bit, can she, your Mum?
Old 07-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
A little ...
Old 07-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murray
If she was speaking Welsh, it takes 10 minutes to spit a sentence out.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
If you get my Mum immediately after her pre-prandial g&t she can talk on a wide range of subjects for nearly an hour. Not in Welsh, though she was evacuated to the Valleys in WW2 and my aunt learn to speak welsh fluently.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:25 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Dream of Scipio
Old 08-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
John Sergeant - Give Me A Minute
Old 08-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hey Nostradamus by Douglas Coupland

A voice for the doomed generation today. Full of high school shootings, death, funerals, misery and pain and generally how crap the world is...

Excellent
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

http://nightmaresinadamagedbrain.wordpress.com
http://saulisshootingforthemoon.wordpress.com
Old 08-04-2004, 01:15 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Well I have bought some treats for the future. Using this great thread as a guide, I went on a frezy in Waterstones coming out with 16 books, a dozen recommended on here, so thanks for that.

Had 45 worth of vouchers, my leaving present from the company I currently 'work' for, and with discounts vouchers and 3 for 2s (great choice on these at the moment) spent another 45 of real money.

They didn't have Death and the Penguin in stock, but had the follow up and another by the same author.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:20 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Did you pick up Mortdecai, Peter?
Old 08-04-2004, 01:24 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
The Travels of Ibn Battuta edited by Tim Mackintosh-Smith. Bought it in the Summer and have just started the introduction.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:53 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
Did you pick up Mortdecai, Peter?
Yep.

and

Perfume
Norwegian Wood
Third Policeman
Feast of the Goat - La Fiesta del Chivo as you put it, had a feats of goat recently in a Spanish tapas bar in Chile, mas or menos to be fair.

Havana something (set in Cuba)

Some novel about an English bloke working in a chaotic medical centre in Peru.

Pomegranite something by Tariq Ali
A Suitable Boy
Borges Fictions
A footie novel written by a Stoke City supporter

oh and others that escape me. Couldn't find the Miracle..... book or Death and the Penguin, so those are on my next raid.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:01 PM

wickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
filth - irvine welsh
Old 08-04-2004, 02:08 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good stuff Peter, Ficciones and The Third Policeman are two of my absolute favourites.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wickham_eagle
filth - irvine welsh
Have read that, in fact Psychokiller IS DUE to collect it from me, I quite liked it. Some on here said that Filth was a damn good title for it, they hated it.
Old 08-04-2004, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
Good stuff Peter, Ficciones and The Third Policeman are two of my absolute favourites.
I worry little of book reviews anymore, I happen across one every now and then but don't search them out. Sometimes I am initially attracted by the cover (the whole point I suppose) like trying bottles of wine you know nothing about by the high looking quality of the label (mind you, you are in danger of drinking a lot of French vinager).

Instead, I take sevn months sabbatical from this thread, come back for half an hour with pen and pad and then I have a sure list of winners to last a while.

Oh I bought a kids/adult book called 'The Curious Incident of the Dog at Nighttime'. I think thats what its called.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:00 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Oh I bought a kids/adult book called 'The Curious Incident of the Dog at Nighttime'. I think thats what its called. [/B][/QUOTE]

Peter, I have read this book mainly because I have a son with austism.The book is meant to be written by a boy, its not a bad read, poor ending.