Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-11-2001, 12:45 AM

Steve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
'Code to Zero' by Ken Follett
'Which Lie Did I Tell' by William Goldman
'The Stand' by Stephen King
'Time's Arrow' by Martin Amis

The King one is the 'uncut' edition and it's taking bloody ages to finish. Obviously editors ARE there for a reason...
Old 14-11-2001, 12:48 AM

Steve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog

Funny how tastes differ, I've been trying to read Rainbow 6 for about a year now, and I'm still only about a 1/3 of the way through it. I just cannot get into it, it is just taking too long to get going.
My thoughts exactly. Although the terrorist scenes are brilliantly written (and the pages fly by during these), there's far too much waffle in between that makes it drag and drag. I managed about 1/3 of it too before giving up.
Old 14-11-2001, 12:50 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Creative Writing by Nigel Watts. I dont expect to win the Booker Prize....but it would be nice to be nominated..as I am sure aamiller would agree.
Old 14-11-2001, 01:04 AM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have just actually started reading the bible. I thought seeing as it's the most popular book ever I thought now was as good as time as ever to read it, especially as last Friday I saw 'Christ on a Bike' at the arts theatre in London.
Old 14-11-2001, 01:08 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by charltonhater
I have just actually started reading the bible. I thought seeing as it's the most popular book ever I thought now was as good as time as ever to read it, especially as last Friday I saw 'Christ on a Bike' at the arts theatre in London.
Blimey. I was there as well - haven't laughed so much in ages.
Old 14-11-2001, 05:34 AM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Pokerface

Yep, classy book. Haven't seen the film myself but I reckon Jack Nicholson was the ideal casting choice for McMurphy.
So there I am reading Ken Kasey... and he snuffs it. Now I am worried to start reading another book. Perhaps Mellors Autobiography.... hmm....
Old 14-11-2001, 06:01 AM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
White Teeth by Zadie Smith
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 14-11-2001, 06:09 AM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Tradegy Of An Opptimist: A Biography of Primo Livi
Old 14-11-2001, 03:50 PM
Orange Member

AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969
emm, not betraying my age or anything but harry potter and the philosophers stone. also halfway through le carre's constant gardner and an still reading an introduction to capital markets - good ho
Old 14-11-2001, 04:05 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Firewall by Andy McNab. An excellent read so far.
Old 14-11-2001, 04:14 PM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Private Life of Chairman Mao by Li Zhisui.

Sounds heavy-going but full of salacious gossip to keep the mind amused. Like the fact his private train used to stop in the middle of nowhere so young peasant girls could be brought on to the train to "show their adulation" of the chairman. Oh, and he only had one testicle. Seems to be pre-requisite for genocidal dictators.

Li Zhisui was his personal doctor for 20+ years until he died so he was pretty much in the know.
Old 14-11-2001, 07:26 PM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by west country boy

Blimey. I was there as well - haven't laughed so much in ages.
I agree it was hilarious. Are you going to read the bible too?
Old 14-11-2001, 07:31 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Ummm no - I was brought up Catholic so I've had quite enough religion for one lifetime thank you very much. Although it is full of violence, murder, rape and incest if you can get past all the "begats".
Old 14-11-2001, 07:38 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Atonement
The Leopard by some Sicilian Prince, and an excellent read.
I am also re-reading the Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman, which is a fantastic read.

Also, Mastering Windows2000 Server for work.

I seem to always have at least three books on the go at any one time. Different books for different moods I guess
Old 14-11-2001, 07:50 PM

The Blackadder is playing for a contract
I've heard a book by some chinese general called Sung is very good, anyone know what its called?
Old 14-11-2001, 08:17 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
The Art of war??
Old 14-11-2001, 08:20 PM

That sounds like it, cheers.
Old 14-11-2001, 08:22 PM
Lovely

His name is Sun-Tzu

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-11-2001, 08:26 PM

Even better!
Old 14-11-2001, 08:36 PM

markholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses grow
Currently reading Teddy Sheringham's autobiography.
Interesting stuff, was only given it as a present. His recollection of his Millwall days makes interesting reading. As to whether I finish or not is debateable!