Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-11-2001, 10:26 PM

Matty has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMatty has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMatty has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMatty has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMatty has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMatty has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMatty has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMatty has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMatty has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMatty has to read the song lyrics on the big screenMatty has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
This week I am mostly reading "Captain Underpants Extra Crunchy Book of Fun"
Old 14-11-2001, 10:27 PM
Moritz's Physio

E_girl belongs to OllieE_girl belongs to OllieE_girl belongs to OllieE_girl belongs to OllieE_girl belongs to OllieE_girl belongs to OllieE_girl belongs to OllieE_girl belongs to OllieE_girl belongs to OllieE_girl belongs to OllieE_girl belongs to Ollie
Somebody Someday (Robbie Williams)
Old 14-11-2001, 10:29 PM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Hustler (Anon)
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 14-11-2001, 10:47 PM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Quote:
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
Hustler (Anon)

Hyuuuh...................just finished.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 14-11-2001, 10:50 PM

markholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses grow
can I borrow it now, provising its not sticky.
Old 14-11-2001, 10:52 PM
Guns of Navarone

Yeah, its not sticky - I had it laminated.
Old 14-11-2001, 10:54 PM

markholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally posted by GUCCI Eagle
Yeah, its not sticky - I had it laminated.
obviously a collectors edition then
Old 14-11-2001, 10:55 PM
Guns of Navarone

Its the wipe clean edition.
Old 14-11-2001, 11:07 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
I've been reading the same two long books for the past two months.

The Third Reich: a New History by Michael Burleigh is excellent but I wouldn't recommend it unless you already have a god understanding if German history. It assumes you'll know much of what happened and sticks to the analysis.

London: the Biography by Peter Ackroyd is much more accessible. It isn't really a history, it obeys none of the rules, but it still non-fiction. It has made me get up and see parts of the city I've never thought about. One of my favourites and I've already re read some of the early chapters before finishing the book.

Iím lined up next to read a book on globalisation by John Gray. I donít know if itíll be any good. Heís a former tutor of mine and I enjoyed his stuff as a student but I find him a bit grating now.
Old 15-11-2001, 12:22 AM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by brighton_eagle
His name is Sun-Tzu

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Jackie Chan is going to make a film on Sun Tzu involving over 1 million extras.
Old 15-11-2001, 01:38 AM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i'm reading Archangel by Robert Harris. good book so far. it's about this bloke trying to discover a notebook belonging to Stalin, in which he finds Stalin's secret son or something like that. i recommend it though, as with all of Harris' other books Fatherland and Enigma. or you could just go and see the film!
Old 15-11-2001, 04:21 AM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

lightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Quote:
Originally posted by markholmes1991
Currently reading Teddy Sheringham's autobiography.
just don't bother reading ruddocks autobiography. Actually finished it - but it wasn't worth it!
Old 19-11-2001, 05:05 AM

Steve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSteve H sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by lightweight
just don't bother reading ruddocks autobiography. Actually finished it - but it wasn't worth it!
Are they still flogging that in the club shop?
Old 19-11-2001, 01:51 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
His name is Sun-Tzu

The Master !. I have read this book many times and just wish that I could stick to the principles he espouses.

Could anybody point me in the direction of a biography of Talleyrand(sp?) who was Napoleons 'Foreign Minister'. Having come accross mentions of him in various History books I would like to get some more detailed him information about the devious, cunning old **** that he obviously was.
Old 19-11-2001, 02:30 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here

presumably you could have done that yourself though?
Old 19-11-2001, 02:35 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

presumably you could have done that yourself though?
If the great Sun-Tzu had been about today I am sure he would have said.

" When looking for things on the Internet, do not waste your own valuable time but instead issue the question and allow one of the many sad 'Net Chimps' to do all the boring bit for you "

Old 19-11-2001, 02:40 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
ooog ooooog ogo oooog

Fair point. Actually, he sounded quite interesting this chappie....which is why I had a look.
Old 19-11-2001, 03:04 PM

Iím currently reading Ian Wrights autobiography (again) at the moment. Sitting there watching a rather drab Everton/Chelsea game I found myself reaching for the book.
Even though, I've read it on numerous occasions, I still find myself coming back to it time and time again.
Has anyone read Geoff Hursts autobiography yet?? If so what are there opinions .
Old 19-11-2001, 05:18 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by markholmes1991

Has anyone read Geoff Hursts autobiography yet?? If so what are there opinions .

The ball didn't cross the line.
Old 19-11-2001, 05:20 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Just started last night, Wonderland Avenue by Danny Sugerman, it came highly reccomened.

Synopsis
The autobiography of Danny Sugerman, Jim Morrison's protege and one-time manager of first The Doors and then Iggy Pop. It is also an account of heroin addiction and the madness of life in the LA rock 'n' roll scene.