Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Britain's Amir Khan will contest his first professional title on Saturday in a last-minute change to his bout with Frenchman Rachid Drilzane in London.

Khan, who turns 20 on Friday, had originally been scheduled to face Drilzane in an eight-rounder.

But he will jump up to 10 rounds for the vacant IBF intercontinental light welterweight belt at the ExCel Arena.

"I'll be moving up from eight rounds to 10 for the first time and I see this as a real opportunity," he said.

"My other fights so far have just been for the experience for now with a title on the line I will be much more hungry.

"It is great to get this opportunity one day after my 20th birthday. I have been training hard and I am undoubtedly ready for it."

The change to Khan's bout is the latest twist in the troubled show at ExCel Arena, where two fighters have already pulled out
Clever Mr Warren this now means that the card is still "Championship" Boxing as stated on the tickets.

I have been to many boxing events over the years and I dont think that I have ever been to a Sports Network show where all of the top 3 fights have taken place.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 08-12-2006, 09:03 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Stavros 69
Anyone else going to the Excel centre on Sat ??

I'm heading down with a few of my mates.
I was not going I woudl have got tickets if it had been Wembly or even MEN but the Excel is teh worst venue for boxing I have ever been to, unless you are buying premium seats you can not see anything as the only tiered seats are at the back and everyone stands on their seats.

A 35 seat at the MEN gives you a great view and excellent facilities yet the MEN the same price at Excel means you see nothing and have no facilities.

One of the guyes here was going but cancelled and got a refund on ticekta nd hotel last night
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Old 08-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by redandblue
I was not going I woudl have got tickets if it had been Wembly or even MEN but the Excel is teh worst venue for boxing I have ever been to, unless you are buying premium seats you can not see anything as the only tiered seats are at the back and everyone stands on their seats.

A 35 seat at the MEN gives you a great view and excellent facilities yet the MEN the same price at Excel means you see nothing and have no facilities.

One of the guyes here was going but cancelled and got a refund on ticekta nd hotel last night
WOW i'm really looking forward to it now
Old 08-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

Quote:
Originally posted by Stavros 69
WOW i'm really looking forward to it now
Sorry fella maybe you will have a better time than we did, a saving grace though is that you can drive over teh kerb and get out of the carpark without paying - we did

Old 08-12-2006, 01:36 PM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by James Codd
Out of interest dani do you go to fights?...What is the crowds reaction to these 1 punch wonder fights?
Well i go to alot of amateur fights mainly because i am an amateur myself and try to get to the major British fights if possible and any of the up and comers.
Well regarding the 1 punchers, i'd rather see 12 rounds of quality boxing. Not saying i dont enjoy seeing ko's but its more entertaining seeing 2 almost equalled fighters going at it to the very end.
Take football would you rather see a game were for 90 minutes somethings happening and its alot of action or at somepoint in the game theres a great goal an the rest of the match is crap.
This quite interesting the thing about Khan though. He is fighting for a belt that has mysteriously become vacant to fight for. Hmmm Mr. Warren must have been that pissed off his two main fights didn't go right he had to make a few calls. Its not a proper belt but its a step in the right direction, i'd of rather he fought some proper British opposition first cos but this is very good for him. With a few defences of his belt he will rocket himself up the IBF ranks.
Its strange regarding Khan because many non-boxing fans that know about boxing have a be forced this idea that Khan will become one of Britains best fighters, and thats alot of pressure on the kid. Its mainly NOTW, warren and the rest of the media hyping him up and its a shame because theres a chance he wont become a world beater. Look at Audley Harrison Gold at the Olympics and he's a terrible boxer, hardly any defence, 1 dimensional and if he ever came up against any one with talent he'd being seeing stars. Also alot of boxing fans are giving him grief cos of the fact he has been made to look like a star without any pro fighting experience and just amateur belts. I can't understand all this Khan bashing. He's still only a lad at the moment and his career is going pretty much the way it should. Of course he is going to be protected by Frank Warren but that is not the kid's fault. He can not be held responsible for the decisions that are made on his behalf ie. headlining ITV boxing coverage etc. Looking forward to him fulfilling his undoubted potential which will be a few years away yet despite his own world title claims.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by redandblue
Sorry fella maybe you will have a better time than we did, a saving grace though is that you can drive over teh kerb and get out of the carpark without paying - we did
I live about 10 mins away so thats the saving grace i guess.

I might go and cry now
Old 09-12-2006, 10:27 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good start by Harrison. Why oh why could he not have done that 12 months ago
Old 09-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Starting to get worried

crystal essex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystal essex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystal essex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystal essex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystal essex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystal essex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystal essex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystal essex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystal essex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystal essex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecrystal essex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Williams face is a mess
Old 09-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
That's revenge
Old 09-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
The smile on his face when he knew the next punch would end it, that's boxing, the sweet science, Harrison proves he's not a pussy. Williams has a lot of heart but he was always too short to be a great.

I'm amazed that was a good fight. I expected nadda.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:39 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good on Audley. So disappointed last year when he lost to Williams. I hope he can go on to give a good account of himself in a world title fight, in what is a weak division.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
I've never seen Audley Harrison and Ade Akinbiyi in the same room.

BLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBLUE BOY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fair play to Harrison, he looked good tonight, shame he couldn't of performed like this in his previous 20 or so fights.

http://www.signaldrivingschool.co.uk/
http://www.twitter.com/dave_p_bailey

Xbox One gamertag = k1zza4

LOL (at the joke above ^^)
Old 09-12-2006, 10:48 PM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Harrison is a gimp, on a similar British sportsman profile ranking as Jenson Button.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:56 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Oisin

I'm amazed that was a good fight. I expected nadda.
This will teach me to have principles. I promised myself when I heard about the re-match that it was bound to be just as rubbish as the first one and vowed to avoid wasting my time watching it.

Typical.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Wasn't me

Still, there's a good fight coming up on paper with Khan. All is not lost
Old 10-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Wasn't me

Good fight this, 4-1 to Khan IMHO
Old 11-12-2006, 10:28 AM
El carnicero

danibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedanibutcher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not a bad fight (Harrison vs Williams II) much better than the first. From the first round you could tell Harrison had a better game plan than any of his previous fights. Harrison fights best from distance which he had to do against Williams who 'can' be dangerous fighting inside with hard hitting uppercuts and hooks. Although this is a very different Audley from his previous fights don't get carried away he still a very one dimensional fighter. Unfortunately its sad to say we no longer have a Heavyweight who can cut it with the best of the division. Matt Skelton is too old and even Audley Harrison is 35 now and lacks time and errr *cough* TALANT *cough*. Danny Williams wont be able to either our only chance is with David Haye IF he steps up into the HW. He's gonna be a great Cruiserweight champ and with his age he's got time and age on his side to build up his strength and weight.
Khan, well, great on the attack and he will only get better with experience and age but his defence is still quite poor. Its also a shame to see he hasn't ironed out any of his flaws since he turned pro, to be fair he was average against an average fighter on Saturday, if he fights someone who is alot faster and stronger than the opponants he has had he will have a big shock. He also needs to get rid of his trainer theres nothing he can teach him that he Khan doesn't know he now needs someone to develop his technique and get it into his head that his hands are also used to cover up.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Danger Zone

The best part of the night, apart from the Khan fight was the fight in the crowd from the racist West Ham fans and the Khan supporters. The West Ham fans got decked by the Khan group. Rather entertaining.