Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:45 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mate at work has been banging on about this. I'm in to give it a try
Old 11-04-2013, 10:31 PM
PMA

IW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm in.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2013, 10:45 PM

Isle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIsle of Wight came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm in if theres a slot left

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Old 11-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Monkey Shadow

simplex is like ice, their footing does betraysimplex is like ice, their footing does betraysimplex is like ice, their footing does betraysimplex is like ice, their footing does betraysimplex is like ice, their footing does betraysimplex is like ice, their footing does betraysimplex is like ice, their footing does betraysimplex is like ice, their footing does betraysimplex is like ice, their footing does betraysimplex is like ice, their footing does betraysimplex is like ice, their footing does betray
Let me know if there's room
Old 11-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Cato the Elder

SamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In if there's room.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:01 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Me too
Old 11-04-2013, 11:01 PM
Cato the Elder

SamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSamuelCPFC : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Relevant xkcd:

Old 12-04-2013, 02:47 AM
BBS BTC Baron

Russ_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
Nice to see all Maggies children piling in to this latest bubble. Previously there has been an Empowerment of Women Pyramid scheme but think this is a far more fitting tribute in the week of her death.

Ps. I trust you will all pax taxes on the gains but don't think that will be an issue.
Ah Justin, you really are a glass is half empty kinda guy aren't you?

Were talking about having a bit of fun for a £20 investment here, were not asking people to re-mortgage there houses over this - Lighten up fella

Women Empowering Women was a Blatant Ponzi/Pyramid scheme, Here's some interesting reading for you to show why Bitcoin ISN'T one

To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login

This is also a good image which gives you some idea of the possibilities - Theoretical of course.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:01 AM
BBS BTC Baron

Russ_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS Murray
Anyway, back to bitcoin business.....

Firstly, WOW This has taken off rather nicely

Lets tally up those who are on board so far: (If I've missed anyone out, Lemme know.)

The BBS BTC Investment Fund

wavey
SEEPEEEFFSEE
Cake and Eat It
FraserH
Dave
StudentEagle
Psychokiller
Pidster
EagleinOz
Icy
IW_Eagle
Isle of Wight
simplex
SamuelCPFC
Ridcully
Travelcard
Keele Eagle

- If I've missed anyone out, Lemme know.

17 People so far, excellent! But It would be better & easier if we could hit 20 to keep the numbers simple (5% each) So I'll let the invitation roll on for a little longer, maybe to the end of Friday....But 20 people WILL be the limit.

So with that said, we have a MAXIMUM of 3 spaces left @ £20 per spot (Just post on this thread if your interested)

This is how we'll get things moving:

On Saturday If we've got the required amount of people I'll PM all involved with details of how to pay your £20 stake. This will be via Paypal or UK bank deposit, either will suffice.

Once all is money is received - Hopefully by Monday - I'll transfer all the funds into my business account and purchase the Bitcoins

As soon as thats done, I'll post back here to let you all know exact amount of BTC's we have purchased along with all the facts and figures etc.

From there on we'll see where the market takes us....

Reminder: Although this should be seen as a long term investment, as the stake involved are very low, no one will be left out of pocket - I'll guarantee all deposits myself for a period of time, so anyone can cash out 100% of their investment if they feel the need.

Again, as the initial investment is so low this should be classed as a bit of fun for those interested in seeing what Bitcoin can do with virtually nothing to lose but potentially plenty to gain.

3 spaces left...

So for the price of a couple of pints and takeaway what have you got to lose

As ever, any questions/queries just post here or PM me.

Last edited by Russ_uk; 12-04-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:12 AM
PMA

IW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIW_Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can we invest in more than one stake if we don't get the numbers? I am happy to invest in more stake/s

Last edited by IW_Eagle; 12-04-2013 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:25 AM
BBS BTC Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by IW_Eagle
Can we take more than one stake if we don't the numbers? I am happy to invest in more stake/s
Ideally it'll be great if we put in the same amount and all have an equal stake, but if we're a few people short I don't see why not....Lets wait and see.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:27 AM
PMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_uk
Ideally it'll be great if we put in the same amount and all have an equal stake, but if we're a few people short I don't see why not....Lets wait and see.
Agreed. We should easily get another 5 people
Old 12-04-2013, 03:30 AM
BBS BTC Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by IW_Eagle
Agreed. We should easily get another 5 people
Only 4 needed now

But you never know someone might drop out at the last minute.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:32 AM

Keele Eagle does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiKeele Eagle does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiKeele Eagle does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiKeele Eagle does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiKeele Eagle does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiKeele Eagle does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiKeele Eagle does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiKeele Eagle does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiKeele Eagle does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiKeele Eagle does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiKeele Eagle does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
I'm interested to see how this works, count me in if there is space.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:37 AM
BBS BTC Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keele Eagle
I'm interested to see how this works, count me in if there is space.
Your in

I've added you to the list. (See a few posts above)

I'm off to bed now (4:38 am here) I'll return tomorrow and hopefully we'll hit the 20!

Anyone else interested you better be quick...

Only 3 spaces left now!
Old 12-04-2013, 04:48 AM

congress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatcongress has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Is it £20 maximum input count me in please
Old 12-04-2013, 05:10 AM

HOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOPE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Count me in please if you still have room cheers
Old 12-04-2013, 05:23 AM
Keeping the peace

Goldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If there's space I'm in.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:14 AM
chemical olympics

humpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehumpo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm game, but I think I missed the cut

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 12-04-2013, 06:16 AM

ExeterEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineExeterEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineExeterEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineExeterEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineExeterEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineExeterEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineExeterEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineExeterEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineExeterEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineExeterEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineExeterEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can someone tell me how you value bitcoins?

With more conventional investments I can understand how to arrive at an intrinsic value. Bond have a flow of payments to the holder, them return the amount at the end. Stocks represent a share of a company and can be valued through the future cash flows of the company. Property can generate rental income flows.

Gold would be the only example of something which doesn't generate income, but its value is based on its perception as a store of value (plus some small commercial uses).

How do you value bitcoins? How do you decide when the value is too high or two low?