Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 23-11-2017, 09:40 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
If I was West Brom, Pardew would be like a god send. Pulis negative football is the opposite to Pardews recklessness. Pardew may do well there though as they have the potential to have a fairly sound defense.

Would rather have Pardew over Moyes, though West Hams squad is much better. Pulis going to Swansea would be bad news for us
If I was a West Brom fan I'd be shitting myself at the thought of Pardew. He'll probably initially do a decent job with a good squad. But overtime his arrogance will kick in and money spent on the wrong players on big contracts. The complete opposite of what Pulis done.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 23-11-2017, 09:48 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Staggering logic, here we have a manager (Pardew) who made a pigs ear of his position at Palace and eventually got sacked, we then replace him with Pulis who did a superb job and rescued us from relegation.
Then left Palace for whatever reasons which we will never know why, took the managers job at WBA and gained reasonable success, then gets sacked due to the form they are now in, that's understandable in their thinking. But with no regards to the good work he achieved with them previously also that this current loss of form could just be a temporary blip, but his managerial record suggests he is the best man for any struggling club to have to rescue them from possible relegation, but they decide to sack him rather prematurely in my opinion. Seems like it's the modern fad in football today, patience is a bygone word.
To confound logic, WBA are now considering appointing Pardew which seems very odd after what went before in his managerial roles, and how the Palace situation turned out when Both were in charge, surely a lesson for the WBA Board to heed before they take the plunge.
Just my take on it.
Old 23-11-2017, 10:11 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
If they give him a contract until the end of the season it might work.

Then again, if he does his usual trick and succeeds to start with, would they feel obliged to give him longer?
Old 23-11-2017, 10:14 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
I have a different view of Pardew now he's been gone for 2 windows.

Was he at fault for all the piss poor players that were bought. Was he at fault for no lhs back up to Soare, no proper replacement for Jedi. The evidence may suggest otherwise. I imagine BFS wouldn't come unless those gaps were properly filled. The evidence is our summer buys, i.e no gk and no striker when everybody knew what was needed.
Sure sure

The point is when Allardyce came in he said I want player x and y and we went and got them.

De Boer is well know to have been shockingly shite with transfers, the club went in for plenty of players in those positions - he kept changing his mind on them. Heard this from many people in and out the club (not just what Parish say so).
Old 23-11-2017, 10:38 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
Staggering logic, here we have a manager (Pardew) who made a pigs ear of his position at Palace and eventually got sacked, we then replace him with Pulis who did a superb job and rescued us from relegation.
Then left Palace for whatever reasons which we will never know why, took the managers job at WBA and gained reasonable success, then gets sacked due to the form they are now in, that's understandable in their thinking. But with no regards to the good work he achieved with them previously also that this current loss of form could just be a temporary blip, but his managerial record suggests he is the best man for any struggling club to have to rescue them from possible relegation, but they decide to sack him rather prematurely in my opinion. Seems like it's the modern fad in football today, patience is a bygone word.
To confound logic, WBA are now considering appointing Pardew which seems very odd after what went before in his managerial roles, and how the Palace situation turned out when Both were in charge, surely a lesson for the WBA Board to heed before they take the plunge.
Just my take on it.
Have you confused Pardew with Holloway?
Pards did a spectacular job with Palace for a year after taking us over near the bottom of the table, in January. Pulis did a great recue job for half a season. West Brom have sacked him because fans demand to be entertained - football ain't cheap to watch, and if Pulis gets a chance to build his own side, tedium is what you get.
Old 23-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
We know that he's good with the players and very good at managing upwards and gets the required new manager bounce. I don't particularly care for him, given the mess he left and he is dogmatic rather than pragmatic on style. However, if WBA want a change of emphasis then it could work short-term.

But be careful what you wish for. To date he's divided two PL fanbases.
Old 23-11-2017, 11:01 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
If I was West Brom, Pardew would be like a god send. Pulis negative football is the opposite to Pardews recklessness. Pardew may do well there though as they have the potential to have a fairly sound defense.

Would rather have Pardew over Moyes, though West Hams squad is much better. Pulis going to Swansea would be bad news for us
The slight problem is that our defenders were good before he arrived and declined throughout his tenure and haven't really recovered
Old 23-11-2017, 11:24 AM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Unfortunately (for us now) Pardews record in the first season is usually good.
Old 23-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just my take on it.

You have Pulis and Pardew in the wrong order, and omitted Warnock in between
Old 23-11-2017, 11:30 AM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
The slight problem is that our defenders were good before he arrived and declined throughout his tenure and haven't really recovered
The same pardew that signed Cabaye, now one of our best players. Can't imagine Pulis or West Brom ever attracting someone like that....

Not blinkered here, but Pardew isnt an awful manager though has his flaws.
Old 23-11-2017, 11:31 AM

aj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaj4england came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
You have Pulis and Pardew in the wrong order, and omitted Warnock in between
Other than that small detail you are spot on
Old 23-11-2017, 11:35 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Have you confused Pardew with Holloway?
Pards did a spectacular job with Palace for a year after taking us over near the bottom of the table, in January. Pulis did a great recue job for half a season. West Brom have sacked him because fans demand to be entertained - football ain't cheap to watch, and if Pulis gets a chance to build his own side, tedium is what you get.
No.
As i was basing my judgement of AP on probably the last 12 months or so of his Palace reign which could only have been described as traumatic for most fans, that was not to say initially when appointed he did not do a decent job and in all honesty i was in favour of his appointment.
The biggest problem that followed was AP not recognising errors that needed rectifying and his failure to do so left the club on the verge, until eventually Steve Parish saw sense and took action that was long overdue.
As for the WBA situation, what i would say is clubs of that standing need to recognise their limitations and and sometimes their over expectancy of what they are really capable off, managers like Pulis and Allardyce are ready made for mid table clubs, as what they do is as good as guarantee you your premiership status and the riches that brings.
As for WBA fans expecting wonderful entertaining football and be competitive against teams like City who spend multi millions to achieve that goal is pure fantasy, similar to West Ham fans who are still living in the glory days of Moore, Hurst and Peters and forgetting the reality of who they really are today and what their true expectations should be.
A similar situation applies to our very own Palace, success would be to achieve mid table security season after season and the odd good Cup run is what our true ambitions should be, and in reality who would complain if it took a manager of Hodgson, Allardyce or even Pulis and the football style they bring, if we can achieve that goal.
Old 23-11-2017, 11:44 AM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
800 games as a manager and a 42% win ratio is not a bad manager.
Old 23-11-2017, 11:55 AM

SussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It may work for them till the end of the season.

Will start to go wrong though when he starts making big changes and if he gets offered a long contract.
Old 23-11-2017, 12:01 PM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
The same pardew that signed Cabaye, now one of our best players. Can't imagine Pulis or West Brom ever attracting someone like that....

but his ego takes over and i think he gets too emotionally unstable.

Sure when he came it thinks were good but then his poor transfers and then lack of fitness was obvious as well as some shite tactics.

Expecting Cabaye to completely boss the midfield when that isnt his thing..... remember Cabaye huffing and puffing after 55 mins every game. Cabaye has improved massively since Luka has come in.
Old 23-11-2017, 12:04 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Good appointment for WBA. Yes he has his streaks of winning and losing but almost anyone who knows him rates him very highly as a manager.
Old 23-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just my take on it.
I think your time line is a bit off there fella....Pulis left, then we had Warnock and then Pardew.
Old 23-11-2017, 12:13 PM

redemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I would fancy Pardew to keep them up and even consolidate in 9th or 10th - he's good at doing that. All goes to shit afterwards though when he spends money and tries to "reinvent" the team.
Old 23-11-2017, 12:15 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
800 games as a manager and a 42% win ratio is not a bad manager.
Alan Pardew gave me one of the greatest days out as a Palace supporter back in 1990.

I've never met the man so can't comment on his persona.
Old 23-11-2017, 12:15 PM

SussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussexRed&Blue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

A good manager is one that improves the players he has under his control.

If you judge Pardew there probably was only one player that improved under his control which was Wilf. Everyone else went backwards.

Cabaye who Pardew signed performed worse for him than any other manager he has had in charge of him.

Allardyce got more out of him last season and this season Cabaye has really shown what he can really do. Looking the fittess he has ever been and playing really well.

It's all very well signing new players but you have to get the best out of them and improve them.