Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:20 PM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If the views shown are true then them tickets shouldn't be sold.

However, the usual suspects just wanting to smash the board and club in general are tiresome.

They moan we don't spend enough on players, not enough on adding capacity, not enough on disabled views despite clear improvements.

Nothing constructive, whilst I agree if restricted then limit seats and if demand is there then remove capacity and add disabled facilities, however it seems to me the same people look for any opportunity to hammer club.

Small people with massive self importance
Old 12-08-2017, 11:20 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
The portakabin is there at Sky's request.

The club I'm told have asked several times if they can remove it and been told several times no!

The club have done everything they can to accomodate more disabled fans
Yeah, they demanded it be put there - at that very spot?
Old 12-08-2017, 11:22 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle View Post

However, the usual suspects just wanting to smash the board and club in general are tiresome.

They moan we don't spend enough on players, not enough on adding capacity, not enough on disabled views despite clear improvements.

Nothing constructive, whilst I agree if restricted then limit seats and if demand is there then remove capacity and add disabled facilities, however it seems to me the same people look for any opportunity to hammer club.

Not sure you can equate the upset of disabled Palace fans to that of people who have a moan about players.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:22 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Yeah, they demanded it be put there - at that very spot?
You owe me an apology.

I understand you are passionate about this issue and rightly so but lashing out at fellow supporters for no reason does not help.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:27 PM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
So how about the shit ones in the Holmesdale you ******* ****?
I'd make that your last beer of the evening and go to bed mate.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:29 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Ha. Brilliant. Ignore the main issue chaps. Well done.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:31 PM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:

Dear god.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:31 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Genuine question, there are loads of nice new spaces for disabled fans in the AW and main stand so why are disabled fans still seated in that area with the shite views?
Old 12-08-2017, 11:40 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
There are now wheelchair areas running the length of the AW just after row 35. The area just behind where I sit, more or less on the halfway line, was pretty much empty all game
I think things are getting a bit confused, with fans talking about different areas.

As I understand it, there is:-

1) a long area for wheelchair users in the AW. From what I can see, that should be a good view and shouldn't be adversely affected by the gantry. Topknot says it was underused, so maybe we need to encourage more fans to use that area.

2) there's a new section at the front of the Main Stand. This at least allows flat access, I presume? You would have an issue if it rains, but so do all the fans in the front 9-10 rows of that stand. This isn't unique to Palace and is a problem for the front rows of most stadiums...e.g. we were soaked in the 3rd row at the Emirates this year.

3) the twitter photo shows an area behind the Sky TV portakabin. This was used as a disabled section in the past. If Sky insist on that box, then I don't think we should offer that area for seating. Or maybe allow fans there for free, on the understanding that it's a severely obstructed view.

We have some BBS posters who use the disabled sections regularly and were involved in the planning. Hopefully they'll comment on what they've experienced.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:40 PM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Dear god.

Express your point rather than your self importance then I may understand
Old 12-08-2017, 11:42 PM
Woah Woah Woah

I'm going to opt out here. I apologise if I overstepped the mark - it's an issue that is personal to me & frustrates me. It has been ignored by Palace for years & still is - I've provided photographic evidence & yet it's questioned.

People with a disability deserve more than anyone to have a fantastic match day experience - they have it shit enough on a day to day basis as it is. They've literally been ignored for years & seem to still be - hard to think that's because they're not a big revenue stream.

I'd genuinely encourage everyone not to ignore this because it's piss poor. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:47 PM

Agreed in that tickets shouldn't be sold if no view like any ticket.

My point was it seems clearly club has improved and invested since last season.

Understand completely if personal experience has been bad
Old 12-08-2017, 11:52 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Whole club seems a shambles at the moment
Old 12-08-2017, 11:57 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Sort it out Palace, this ain't acceptable. Knock the studio down and tell sky to do one
Old 13-08-2017, 12:14 AM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Express your point rather than your self importance then I may understand
Stop being a complete yes man & making light of what is a genuine issue.
Old 13-08-2017, 12:26 AM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
Genuine question, there are loads of nice new spaces for disabled fans in the AW and main stand so why are disabled fans still seated in that area with the shite views?
Speaking from my brothers point of view, he didn't want a season ticket where he'll get absolutely soaked should it piss it down. The new disabled area at the front of the main stand is welcome, but it genuinely upsets me everyone thinks they should be happy with that spot & shut up.
Old 13-08-2017, 12:32 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I think things are getting a bit confused, with fans talking about different areas.

As I understand it, there is:-

1) a long area for wheelchair users in the AW. From what I can see, that should be a good view and shouldn't be adversely affected by the gantry. Topknot says it was underused, so maybe we need to encourage more fans to use that area.

2) there's a new section at the front of the Main Stand. This at least allows flat access, I presume? You would have an issue if it rains, but so do all the fans in the front 9-10 rows of that stand. This isn't unique to Palace and is a problem for the front rows of most stadiums...e.g. we were soaked in the 3rd row at the Emirates this year.

3) the twitter photo shows an area behind the Sky TV portakabin. This was used as a disabled section in the past. If Sky insist on that box, then I don't think we should offer that area for seating. Or maybe allow fans there for free, on the understanding that it's a severely obstructed view.

We have some BBS posters who use the disabled sections regularly and were involved in the planning. Hopefully they'll comment on what they've experienced.
Great post this.
Old 13-08-2017, 12:34 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
That view is bang out of order. Who the fck signed that off as acceptable for disabled supporters?
TBH They are so incompetent they probably didn't even think of checking it out.
Old 13-08-2017, 12:54 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Speaking from my brothers point of view, he didn't want a season ticket where he'll get absolutely soaked should it piss it down. The new disabled area at the front of the main stand is welcome, but it genuinely upsets me everyone thinks they should be happy with that spot & shut up.
The new disabled section at the front of the main stand is entirely inadequate.
We have all witnessed the issues with the water fall feature there when in rains. How anyone we half a brain could have considered this the appropriate location for some of our most vulnerable supporters is beyond me. Only a complete f*cking moron could have sanctioned that.

In other news, the corporate/hospitality areas are looking lovely....
Old 13-08-2017, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
The new disabled section at the front of the main stand is entirely inadequate.
We have all witnessed the issues with the water fall feature there when in rains. How anyone we half a brain could have considered this the appropriate location for some of our most vulnerable supporters is beyond me. Only a complete f*cking moron could have sanctioned that.

In other news, the corporate/hospitality areas are looking lovely....
Yep, wheelchair users can sit in a puddle all game and catch their death in a cold. How about the club give up a couple of the boxes above the Whitehorse for starters, and a space for four or five disabled in the Director's Box on a rotating basis.