Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-08-2017, 05:37 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Pretty sure technology exists to extend the 1926 leaky roof so they don't get wet.

Crystal Palace 2017/18: The Inconceivables
Old 13-08-2017, 05:50 AM

barryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninebarryeagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
I don't think I seen anyone sat behind that porta cabin to be honest as it's so bad, and have to move along to get a view. Only BT Sports use that cabin, sky never done any. So maybe it's BT Sports wants to use it like they did last season. As being disabled myself I do feel frustrated disabled people being treated and in the work place as well. I knew a few supporters disabled and carers had a cushion seat so they can stay with disabled supporters. However they stopped doing it now which is wrong. (Cushion seat like you get in the lounges.)
Old 13-08-2017, 06:14 AM

Mark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Give Sky / BT one of the executive boxes, get rid of that monstrosity in the corner.

Respect the disabled fans and give them that space back.

Poor form from Palace to have allowed this.
Old 13-08-2017, 06:55 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Tell the TV chaps that the studio is coming down and that's that. What are they going to do?

If any fine is imposed by the Premier League, our PR team would/should have a field day by turning this round on them, and saying they don't care about disabled fans.

Disabled fans don't necessarily deserve anything more than those of us lucky enough to not need a wheelchair, but at the very least they deserve to have as near to the same matchday experience as everyone else. Right now, it seems the club are a Long way from providing this.

In 2017, with all of that TV money rolling in, that's simply unacceptable.
Old 13-08-2017, 07:01 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Needs highlighting and addressing then. The stadium has 4 stands, 3 of which are well past their sell by date.

Not just one.
With putting lipstick on a pig upgrades to the ground only it's pretty obvious no new stands will be built by this ownership group..
Taking the upfront payment from the Chinese investment group tells us this ownership group would sell for a profit....... So not going to build a new ground if you're looking to sell.
Old 13-08-2017, 07:16 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietin-exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
The portakabin is there at Sky's request.

The club I'm told have asked several times if they can remove it and been told several times no!

The club have done everything they can to accomodate more disabled fans
WHY can the Sky box not be raised above the disabled seating in that corner .. simple scaffold poles construction?
Old 13-08-2017, 07:18 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
With putting lipstick on a pig upgrades to the ground only it's pretty obvious no new stands will be built by this ownership group..
Taking the upfront payment from the Chinese investment group tells us this ownership group would sell for a profit....... So not going to build a new ground if you're looking to sell.
Suspect you are right. Fixing one stand with a bodge isn't going to solve the problems of a whole stadium though. Sounds like the AW area has the best, driest views for the disabled fan anyway.

Crystal Palace 2017/18: The Inconceivables
Old 13-08-2017, 07:20 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Speaking from my brothers point of view, he didn't want a season ticket where he'll get absolutely soaked should it piss it down. The new disabled area at the front of the main stand is welcome, but it genuinely upsets me everyone thinks they should be happy with that spot & shut up.
I understand the issue with the Main Stand seats, it's a hazard for all who sit there, yet many do as they love to be pitchside and that close.

But Topknot asked about the AW new area too, which he said was underused. It's not at the back of the AW so I don't think the gangtry is as bad as you think. Could your brother try it for one match to see what he thinks of it before committing to a season ticket?
Old 13-08-2017, 07:32 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I understand the issue with the Main Stand seats, it's a hazard for all who sit there, yet many do as they love to be pitchside and that close.

But Topknot asked about the AW new area too, which he said was underused. It's not at the back of the AW so I don't think the gangtry is as bad as you think. Could your brother try it for one match to see what he thinks of it before committing to a season ticket?
Like I say, he's not interested as he doesn't want to get soaked if it rains. If you're able bodied, at least you can move to escape the rain - you can't in a wheelchair. You're stuck getting soaked, unless you essentially leave.

I'm also in the Holmesdale & he wants to be in the same stand as me - I think that's fair enough? Surely disabled fans should be allowed an option like all other fans?
Old 13-08-2017, 07:38 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_cpfc View Post
Give Sky / BT one of the executive boxes, get rid of that monstrosity in the corner.

Respect the disabled fans and give them that space back.

Poor form from Palace to have allowed this.
^this.

At 'bowl' grounds like Old Trafford, Leicester, Southampton etc, where there are no 'empty' corners to perch a shed, Sky just get an exec box, and don't seem to mind
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 13-08-2017, 07:39 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Is there still a disabled section at the top of the Arthur. My Mum has become disabled over the last couple of years and I've often thought about taking her but screw that if the facilities are that poor.
Old 13-08-2017, 07:53 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Is there still a disabled section at the top of the Arthur. My Mum has become disabled over the last couple of years and I've often thought about taking her but screw that if the facilities are that poor.
Old 13-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
The disabled section in the Arthur runs the whole length of the stand. They took out 3 rows of seats in the summer to incorporate it. Pillars might be an issue, but that is true of the whole stand, and I've no idea how you get to any disabled toilet at half time but other users should be able to advise
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 13-08-2017, 10:16 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
I wonder how Gilesy feels this morning?
Old 13-08-2017, 10:27 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgilesy14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I wonder how Gilesy feels this morning?
Great until I realised yesterday wasn't a bad dream.

Thanks for trying to detract from the real issue though.
Old 13-08-2017, 10:32 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Tell the TV chaps that the studio is coming down and that's that. What are they going to do?

If any fine is imposed by the Premier League, our PR team would/should have a field day by turning this round on them, and saying they don't care about disabled fans.
"Should", yes; "would", not a f~cking chance.
Old 13-08-2017, 10:33 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Great until I realised yesterday wasn't a bad dream.

Thanks for trying to detract from the real issue though.
I'm not detracting, it's clearly an issue that needs addressing.
I just wanted to make sure you were ok and check you were still alive after clearly drinking too much and then lashing out at people on the boards.
Old 13-08-2017, 10:33 AM

HRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
^this.

At 'bowl' grounds like Old Trafford, Leicester, Southampton etc, where there are no 'empty' corners to perch a shed, Sky just get an exec box, and don't seem to mind
An executive box is worth £29k a year plus vat to CPFC
Old 13-08-2017, 10:34 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

Depends where the 'new' area in the AW is because if it's just an extension of area by Holmesdale block x/y? Then the gangtry is a bloody nuisance.
Old 13-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I'm not detracting, it's clearly an issue that needs addressing.
I just wanted to make sure you were ok and check you were still alive after clearly drinking too much and then lashing out at people on the boards.
Ha, I lashed out as the ignorant attitude displayed by some on here is precisely why this problem is being spoken about here. I think it's telling you have an issue with what I said, but nobody has pulled up salad burnet for what he posted.