Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-08-2017, 10:41 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Ha, I lashed out as the ignorant attitude displayed by some on here is precisely why this problem is being spoken about here. I think it's telling you have an issue with what I said, but nobody has pulled up salad burnet for what he posted.
I think most people have him on ignore.
Old 13-08-2017, 10:43 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Haha, fair enough!
Old 13-08-2017, 10:45 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I wonder how Gilesy feels this morning?
Justified?
Old 13-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
I've deleted my previous posts as I don't want to detract from the issue. I was annoyed about this last night & probably did overstep the mark - so apologies if I offended anyone. A few ignorant posts just wound me up.

This has been an issue for years now. There shouldn't be an article in the programme saying about amazing new disabled facilities as that's pretty misleading. Whilst I appreciate some work has been done, the club has a long way to go as I witnessed yesterday. I really hope they realise that.
Old 13-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
And he clearly doesn't have a clue about what he's talking about.
No doubt from those pictures it's a total disgrace.
How could the club ever think those facilities are satisfactory.
Old 13-08-2017, 10:49 AM

HorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hi All,

I started this thread to highlight the key issue here, which is the poor customer experience for Disabled supporters. Not for fans to start abusing each other! Please stop that!

In a world of equality, why are disable supporters not getting the same customer experience as non disabled people? The majority of views in the Holmesdale Area are NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE! And we should be asking for our money back! You would if you purchased any other item that was not suitable or try to move elsewhere as others have suggested.

So let's look at the other options outside of Holmesdale shall we:

1) Main Stand = New facilities at the front and NOT under cover to the weather! Not very practical for someone who cannot stand up and move easily, hence why they are most likely to be in a wheel chair in the first place!

2) Arthur Wait = I have not been in that section so cannot comment, so I will investigate for my Dad, however others have said the gantry also blocks your view! Anyone who currently is situated there, please can you advise?

So to be honest, this is simply NOT good enough by Parish and the directors! I will speak to the club tomorrow and gain some answers and feedback, however I dont hold out much hope!
Old 13-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorleyStu View Post
I started this thread to highlight the key issue here, which is the poor customer experience for Disabled supporters. Not for fans to start abusing each other! Please stop that!
Bit hypocritical mate - you did threaten to put Parish in a wheelchair...

Quote:
Steve Parish - if you do read this! Please please address these issues! This is not fair! And you may need a wheel chair one day too!
Old 13-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hi All,

In a world of equality, why are disable supporters not getting the same customer experience as non disabled people? The majority of views in the Holmesdale Area are NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE! And we should be asking for our money back! You would if you purchased any other item that was not suitable or try to move elsewhere as others have suggested.

So let's look at the other options outside of Holmesdale shall we:

1) Main Stand = New facilities at the front and NOT under cover to the weather! Not very practical for someone who cannot stand up and move easily, hence why they are most likely to be in a wheel chair in the first place!

2) Arthur Wait = I have not been in that section so cannot comment, so I will investigate for my Dad, however others have said the gantry also blocks your view! Anyone who currently is situated there, please can you advise?

So to be honest, this is simply NOT good enough by Parish and the directors! I will speak to the club tomorrow and gain some answers and feedback, however I dont hold out much hope!
Row 35 is well below gantry level. Would try and move over there before the winter.
Old 13-08-2017, 11:38 AM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Row 35 is well below gantry level. Would try and move over there before the winter.
Yes it's a very good view at that level, can see the whole pitch, the lower holmesdale for displays, main and Whitehorse stands. Decent atmosphere there too. Can't see the big screen but oh well. Three rows of seats along the length of the stand have been removed and ST holders relocated to make room for this.

I assume the same disabled loo that is in the corner nearest the holmesdale is the nearest one which would involve negotiating the main walkway bit, would be a bit of a pain at half times as it's so crowded but then getting anywhere at HT in the AW is a pain for anyone!

Quite surprised that disabled fans are still sitting in the crappy area when this new one is available. Had no one been told?
Old 13-08-2017, 11:47 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was under the impression these seats where no longer sold to disabled fans due to the restricted view
Old 13-08-2017, 11:50 AM

Hal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Hi All,

You seem to have raised a very valid point - but I think Parish and Palace generally have a record of listening and putting things right when hey've cocked it up.
Old 13-08-2017, 11:51 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
You get wet towards the lower rows of the directors box as well. Don't think the club have put the disabled section in the old stand where they have for any reason more than ease of getting into it (need to fix leaking roofs everywhere they exist). Have seen very similar arrangements at a number of grounds being pitchside. Although I am happy where I it in the Upper it would be very difficult to get up there if you were disabled. The most important thing is to have a decent view and if the pictures published are the actual view that is not acceptable. To me the obvious thing is to have one section in the ground with a decent view and appropriate facilities.
Old 13-08-2017, 11:52 AM

Ooh Betty is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandOoh Betty is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandOoh Betty is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandOoh Betty is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandOoh Betty is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandOoh Betty is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandOoh Betty is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandOoh Betty is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandOoh Betty is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandOoh Betty is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandOoh Betty is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
You seem to have raised a very valid point - but I think Parish and Palace generally have a record of listening and putting things right when hey've cocked it up.
Really?
Old 13-08-2017, 11:57 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
You sure mate ? Had st with young orp in Row 27 last season and I thought the gangtry was a pain in terms of following the hoofs etc. One key thing is there is disabled toilets BEFORE the concourse so that's good but no chance of getting a cuppa etc at ht as not enough room. Though just wondered if the club could maybe sort a system out where a steward or 2( plenty stand between the LH & AW doing **** all) was delegated to sort out drinks or food orders for the wheelchair bound supporters though tbf I guess their carers could sort this themselves.
Old 13-08-2017, 12:04 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
Yes it's a very good view at that level, can see the whole pitch, the lower holmesdale for displays, main and Whitehorse stands. Decent atmosphere there too. Can't see the big screen but oh well. Three rows of seats along the length of the stand have been removed and ST holders relocated to make room for this.

I assume the same disabled loo that is in the corner nearest the holmesdale is the nearest one which would involve negotiating the main walkway bit, would be a bit of a pain at half times as it's so crowded but then getting anywhere at HT in the AW is a pain for anyone!

Quite surprised that disabled fans are still sitting in the crappy area when this new one is available. Had no one been told?
That's my understanding of the new AW area, and I read a BBS poster saying he'd been involved in the planning.

So when I saw the headline of this thread, I was surprised to read the Sky box area referred to as a disabled area still.
Old 13-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Woah Woah Woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
That's my understanding of the new AW area, and I read a BBS poster saying he'd been involved in the planning.

So when I saw the headline of this thread, I was surprised to read the Sky box area referred to as a disabled area still.
But there are people who have sat in the Holmesdale disabled area for years - I'd imagine they have no interest in moving & nor should they. Out of all the stands, The Holmesdale - being our newest stand, should have disabled facilities.
Old 13-08-2017, 12:47 PM

Palace Mad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalace Mad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalace Mad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalace Mad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalace Mad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalace Mad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalace Mad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalace Mad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalace Mad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalace Mad sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkPalace Mad sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Unfortunately football clubs only care about money and not the fans.
Old 13-08-2017, 12:50 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Quote:
Old 13-08-2017, 12:56 PM

HorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some questions regarding the Arthur if I may:

1) Where is the disabled access door? Is at the Holmesdale end? Or Sainsburys end?
2) We park in the Sainsburys Car Park (blue badge), will I have to push my Dad past/through the away fans? And is this a problem normally or not?
Old 13-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Woah Woah Woah

Chris Grierson messaged me about this last night - has passed it onto the right people which is really good of him.