Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-11-2017, 06:48 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Maybe. But all of them have at least three strikers in their squads. No premier league squad in history has surely started the season with one striker?
Indeed. That is down to SP, and how he managed the RdeB situation.

I am pretty confident that had Sam stayed there is absolutely no way we would have started the season in that position.

And seeing as this is a Sam thread, I think we should move back to discussing him.
Old 14-11-2017, 06:51 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I liked him a great deal. Even post the Sunderland result.

I didn't want him here pre the appointment, but I thought he conducted himself excellently when he was here. His appointment of little Sam was also great work.

Dicks talk about Sakho being a SP appointment. That is just utter bollocks. Sam would have told SP that he was the player we wanted. Thus, Sam is responsible for that. He was also the manager when we beat Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal inside a month, and thumped Hull last game.

Those are facts. I am at a loss to see how anyone has the gall to suggest otherwise. I would go as far as to say that they are being pricks on here for the sake of it.
Old 14-11-2017, 07:37 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Indeed. That is down to SP, and how he managed the RdeB situation.

I am pretty confident that had Sam stayed there is absolutely no way we would have started the season in that position.

And seeing as this is a Sam thread, I think we should move back to discussing him.
Agreed. We'd be mid table and sitting comfortably. Such a shame...

Anyway, it appears that Sam has turned down Everton. If that is the case then maybe some on here will give him a break. Doubt it though.
Old 14-11-2017, 09:08 PM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I suggest some of you bother to read the after match comments following the Huddersfield defeat and particularly the lack of protection offered to our key players and Huddersfield's dirty tactics which caused several injuries in the game.

Those views were expressed by many Palace fans and not just me.
Old 14-11-2017, 09:13 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Get over it. It's a physical game.
Old 14-11-2017, 09:17 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Yeah, but No, but

Outside of the elite clubs, how does that situation compare with comparative clubs. I suspect their supporters can find a Mutch, a KaiKai, a Wickham, and a Sako in their 25.
On top of a Ladapo, a Lee, a Souare, a Delaney and a Speroni?

That's 9 players that should not still be in the top 24 of a Premier League Club, let alone starting games? Not sure you will find another club with 9 players that should not be getting any minutes in a Premier League side.
Old 14-11-2017, 09:23 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Get over it. It's a physical game.
Inclined to agree with this. Just look back at Sir Steve's team back in 91' a strong work ethic but built largely on a strong physical presence. Gray & Thomas would frequently dish it out along with Thorn/Young & co. Strength in depth has primarily been our downfall, and that isn't always down to . The current board have achieved great things in their tenure, but starting every top flight season under prepared has now become a permanent characteristic.
Old 14-11-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Inclined to agree with this. Just look back at Sir Steve's team back in 91' a strong work ethic but built largely on a strong physical presence. Gray & Thomas would frequently dish it out along with Thorn/Young & co. Strength in depth has primarily been our downfall, and that isn't always down to . The current board have achieved great things in their tenure, but starting every top flight season under prepared has now become a permanent characteristic.
Agree with all of that.
Old 14-11-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
On top of a Ladapo, a Lee, a Souare, a Delaney and a Speroni?

That's 9 players that should not still be in the top 24 of a Premier League Club, let alone starting games? Not sure you will find another club with 9 players that should not be getting any minutes in a Premier League side.
I dont disagree. I feel that Sam would have gone a long way to putting that right had he stayed.

Certain BBSers were very smug in there comments supporting SPs delay in getting - the right manager in - that delay cost us better managers, stability, and the chance to do some proper transfer business, at least at squad level. That ridiculous tournament in Hong Kong didnt help either.

And if we have a chance of staying up, who do we buy? Do we overpay on a couple of key players to roll the dice again. Or do we use the short window to improve the squad. Then it moves onto the next summer window..... what happens then?

Only one guy is the constant overseeing that continuous cluster****. well, two if you include Teflon.
Old 14-11-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
And none of those players were injured every other week. The tackles were harder, the pitches worse etc.. What is it with todays sports science? Today they are all like Bolt pulling up at the slightest push of exertion.

It had to take a broken leg or seriously damaged knee to keep someone out for a while.

Nowadays players get injured in training, or come a cropper mowing the lawn or carrying the shopping back to the car.
Old 14-11-2017, 10:55 PM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
I suggest some of you bother to read the after match comments following the Huddersfield defeat and particularly the lack of protection offered to our key players and Huddersfield's dirty tactics which caused several injuries in the game.

Those views were expressed by many Palace fans and not just me.
The injuries were so bad that RLC and Luka started a match 7 days later. The treatment of Wilf was way over the top but there was nothing else there that justifies your utter paranoia. Huddersfield were physical just like the great Coppell teams were in the early 90s
Old 14-11-2017, 11:03 PM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
The injuries were so bad that RLC and Luka started a match 7 days later. The treatment of Wilf was way over the top but there was nothing else there that justifies your utter paranoia. Huddersfield were physical just like the great Coppell teams were in the early 90s
They bullied us, but some of our fanbase thinks that makes them these nasty thugs. No, it means we were weak little pansies for allowing them to bully us.
Old 15-11-2017, 03:15 AM

hdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethdeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There was no love lost in Palace's win over Huddersfield in the cup where Huddersfield picked up a couple of injuries of their own.
Old 15-11-2017, 05:43 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
There was no love lost in Palace's win over Huddersfield in the cup where Huddersfield picked up a couple of injuries of their own.
Old 15-11-2017, 05:47 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I love your mental posts hdeagle, but wtf are you on about? Huddersfield beat us because they were the better team by some margin. 3-0 was a fair result, unfortunately.
Old 15-11-2017, 07:03 AM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I love your mental posts hdeagle, but wtf are you on about? Huddersfield beat us because they were the better team by some margin. 3-0 was a fair result, unfortunately.
It was, but I don't believe it would have been the case under either Sam or Roy!
Old 15-11-2017, 07:13 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Spot on.

Took advantage of our stupidity appointing FdB.
Old 15-11-2017, 09:16 AM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
They deserved to win but 3-0 was very flattering, we should have got at least 2
Old 15-11-2017, 09:53 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
It was, but I don't believe it would have been the case under either Sam or Roy!
We lost 4-0 to Sunderland under Sam
2-0 to a Burnley side with no win away!

I wouldn't rule out any result under any manager any more!
Old 15-11-2017, 09:35 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
We lost 4-0 to Sunderland under Sam
2-0 to a Burnley side with no win away!

I wouldn't rule out any result under any manager any more!
West Ham fans got sick and tired of the management style of this fat C. West Brom fans hate the way Pulis sets out his teams. So glad the BFC has gone, it was only a matter of time till the majority of the fan base would have got bored of these styles of football. Football fans are very similar generally, it's just usually a matter of time.

Oh, and needed a bounce worth 40m+ but bought two duds at left back where Joel Ward is a better player than the 3 we have.

And we all know Parish was the one that didn't spend in the summer when we had a net spend of 8m when Bolasie was sold and we brought in Benteke.

This Maz dullard is everywhere. Whatever it is, why does it continue to pour its opinion on a forum for a subject that it knows completely nothing about. It's not even a matter of opinion, it's a proven fact that we are all aware of. A complete and utter dimwit.