Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
I'm now allowed to ride the bike in bus lanes.

Thank you Boris.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

maybe this will convince the bojo fans of what a F***ING IDIOT the guy actually is
Old 14-04-2009, 04:25 PM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Cyclists turning left at red lights? Makes sense to me.
Old 14-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
with a properly set up filter system yes, but legalising cyclists just going straight through red lights is a recipe for disaster
Old 14-04-2009, 04:36 PM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningJames Melody would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
It isn't going straight through, it is only turning left.
Old 14-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
******* nightmare
Old 14-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Semper Idem

One gets a good idea of cyclists' respect for the law from the comments in the article...

Christophe Mathey, 37

Marketing director who cycles from To view the link you have to Register or Login to Paddington.
"It is a good idea and I already do it."

Fran Niven, 23
Trainee accountant who cycles from Earlsfield to Baker Street.
" This is a good idea, I just ignore traffic lights anyway"

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-04-2009, 04:49 PM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan
To view the link you have to Register or Login

maybe this will convince the bojo fans of what a F***ING IDIOT the guy actually is
Unbelievable. I knew he's a pillock. But this takes the biscuit.
Old 14-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
One gets a good idea of cyclists' respect for the law from the comments in the article...

George Richards, 27
Surveyor from St John's Hill who cycles to the To view the link you have to Register or Login.

"I always stop at red lights. Cycling has changed my life, I will never go back to the Tube. This seems sensible. There are potential problems but it could work if people give it careful thought."

Otto von Celsing, 48

Banker from Barnes who cycles to the City.

"Cyclists should always follow normal traffic rules. There should be no special arrangements at lights, it could cause confusion. I always stop at red lights . Traffic lights are not there because people think they are fun, they are there for safety reasons."

Claire Purchase, 28
Research consultant who cycles from Baron's Court to Holborn.
"It is a good idea as long as people treat it sensibly. Cyclists sometimes act as though they own the whole road. It is a good idea in principle but I'm not sure how it will work out in reality. Better and joined up cycle lanes would be of more use. This idea will make cycling faster but people really want to feel safer."
I quite agree.

In case you missed it with your selective quoting there were five cyclists' responses to that article (before the reader views) two in favour of your assertion, three against.

Whoda thunk it!
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 14-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
I quite agree.

In case you missed it with your selective quoting there were five cyclists' responses to that article (before the reader views) two in favour of your assertion, three against.

Whoda thunk it!
My apologies.

Your implied point that only 40% of cyclists are dumb enough to go public about breaking the law is fair enough : I'm sure the other 60% are just a bit less dumb.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz
My apologies.

Your implied point that only 40% of cyclists are dumb enough to go public about breaking the law is fair enough : I'm sure the other 60% are just a bit less dumb.
Whatever. I am not rising to you and your anti-cycling agenda any further today.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 14-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
Whatever. I am not rising to you and your anti-cycling agenda any further today.
I would be most worried if you rose to me. I like the laydeez.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Perhaps they should let motorbikes and scooters go through red lights too?

And black cabs would be the next to want to do it...

And why can't we go through red lights in cars if the road is clear?

etc.
Old 14-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Allow them to ignore traffic lights provided they are on Penny Farthings.

Old 14-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Semper Idem

At least you would see them coming.

Maybe therefore only allow cyclists in fluorescent pink lycra to go through. That should sort the men out from the cyclists.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Troublemaker

hang on, this was supposed to be the boris is scum thread, we've already got one for people with a chip about cyclists...
Old 15-04-2009, 06:19 AM

ChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by limited_edition
Unbelievable. I knew he's a pillock. But this takes the biscuit.
Other countries have a similar plan in place for cars (in the US they can take a right in certain States on a red light if safe to do so). Makes sense to me. I have a friend who was killed by a lorry turning left at lights, if this suggestion is sensibly adopted then I have no problem with it.
Old 15-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
I have encountered numerous cyclist scum that blatantly ignore red lights, racing through them like they are in the pelaton of a Tour de France stage. One of these days some pedestrian will get taken out. Bad idea IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 15-04-2009, 12:10 PM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle
Other countries have a similar plan in place for cars (in the US they can take a right in certain States on a red light if safe to do so). Makes sense to me. I have a friend who was killed by a lorry turning left at lights, if this suggestion is sensibly adopted then I have no problem with it.
Other countries have dedicated cycle lanes everywhere. The States have very wide roads with even wider intersections/junctions. Don't know if it will work on our narrow streets.

Sorry to hear about your friend.
Old 22-06-2009, 01:07 PM

Axie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farAxie stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
And Boris loses another one.........

Hélène Mulholland guardian.co.uk, Monday 22 June 2009 14.03 BST

Johnson loses third deputy as Ian Clement quits over credit card misuseClement is fifth senior figure to quit or be fired since mayor came to office last year

The deputy mayor of London, Ian Clement, has been forced to quit over the misuse of a corporate credit card just days after his boss Boris Johnson publicly stood by him.

The mayor's office announced that Clement, the deputy mayor for government and external relations, resigned earlier today following the discovery of further "discrepancies" in the use of his corporate credit card.

The departure will be embarrassing for Johnson, who was elected last year promising to run a clean and transparent regime. Last week the Tory mayor defended his decision to keep the deputy mayor on board after it emerged that Clement had breached City Hall guidelines by using his card for groceries, car repairs and meals unconnected to his civic duties totalling £2,300.81.

Clement's departure brings to five the number of mayoral appointments who have resigned or been forced to quit since Johnson came to office in May 2008.

A statement issued today by the mayor's office said: "Ian Clement, deputy mayor for government and external relations, has resigned from the Greater London authority with immediate effect. He tendered his resignation to the mayor of London this morning following the discovery of further discrepancies in the use of his corporate credit card. The mayor has accepted Mr Clement's resignation. His position will be filled in due course."

It remained unclear what "further discrepancies" had come to light, however.

Last week Johnson told the London assembly in a routine question-and-answer session that he expected Clement, the former Tory leader of Bexley council, to be subjected to "interrogation" by the relevant scrutiny committee over behaviour which he said had been "inappropriate" and "wrong", but he ruled out firing him over the incident.

Clement later confirmed he had received a formal written warning from Johnson and insisted he had offered his resignation over the matter, but declined to comment on Johnson's response at the time.

Receipts were published last Tuesday around two weeks after reports first surfaced that Clement – one of seven people at City Hall to be issued with a corporate credit card – had used the card to buy personal items, in clear contravention of guidelines for corporate credit card holders.

Johnson, who himself does not himself possess a City Hall credit card, said "no pecuniary advantage" was involved since Clement made repayments for personal expenses paid for on the card after a "reasonably short delay".

Also listed on the published receipts were business expenses including business-class upgrades for two long-haul British Airways flights on a trip to China for the Beijing Olympics.

Clement also used the card to pay for lunches and dinners with fellow Conservatives and a £700 meal in New York.

The GLA guidelines about corporate credit card use state they the are to "facilitate the purchasing of goods and services in emergencies and when travelling abroad".

Clement is the third deputy mayor to leave Johnson's team during his 14 months in office.

In July last year, Ray Lewis resigned as deputy mayor for young people just a day after Johnson was forced to launch an independent inquiry into allegations of financial irregularities and inappropriate behaviour against him following a spate of media reports.

A month later, another of Johnson's deputy mayors, Tim Parker, who also served as chair of Transport for London, stepped down after it was decided that he held posts with too much responsibility for an unelected official.

Other mayoral departures include the mayor's chief political adviser James McGrath, whom Johnson was forced to sack after he suggested that older African-Caribbean people ought to move to the Caribbean if they were unhappy living in a Tory-controlled London, and David Ross, who quit as Johnson's Olympics adviser last December, 24 hours after the tycoon was forced to step down from Carphone Warehouse for failing to declare that he had used shares worth around £162m as security against personal loans.