Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 19-05-2011, 10:04 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter
I dont think I've seen a review give it less than 80%. So it cant be that bad!

I only have 3 xbox 360 games but didn't hesitate to pre order this with my limited funds. But I suppose this doesn't help you...
All GTA games have been given scores of 80 or higher and I didn't like them. This does interest me but not sure if I can justify spending out on it at the moment, it would get played but I worry that being another Rockstar game I'll just get bored of it very quickly as I have done with all GTA games.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Swanny32

Golf handicap - 11
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 19-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lovefilm is your friend in that case.
Old 19-05-2011, 10:18 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I feel like I have had this conversation before.....oh yeah, Red Dead Redemption.....got bored of that too.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 19-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Historian

ollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
I feel like I have had this conversation before.....oh yeah, Red Dead Redemption.....got bored of that too.
Got to admit, I got bored of this and I didn't even get close to completing it! And like you, I was never a huge fan of GTA.

But solving cases etc interests me. And it will also help me put off revision for a while longer...
Old 19-05-2011, 10:27 AM

eagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Red Dead Redemption.....got bored of that too

It was an absolute masterpiece. My favourite game of all time.
Old 19-05-2011, 10:31 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleforlife

It was an absolute masterpiece. My favourite game of all time.
It was a good game.... but got very repetitive as all Rockstar games do, and I got fed up riding my horse for ages and ages from one side of the map to the other, and then back again. I started using the train to get to places but then felt like I was missing out on stuff.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 19-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
RDR bored me too..... was very slow
Old 19-05-2011, 10:37 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
RDR bored me too..... was very slow
Thank you.

Golf handicap - 11
Old 19-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looked pretty but there were only so many birds I could shoot and horses I could skin
Old 19-05-2011, 10:45 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Likewise. Are you getting LA Noire Steve?

Golf handicap - 11
Old 19-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Have had to carry on working. Am only on first case, which I think is pretty basic.

Only similarity to GTA is that you drive around a city. It's a much slower paced affair.

Initial impressions are that this is going to be a class game, sound track, atmosphere and graphics (the faces make a big difference,) i expect/hope that there will be a lot of red herring clues in future cases.

Let my gf play the first five minutes whilst I fed a nipper; she thinks it's ace too and doesn't usually like games.

This one bodes well...

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 19-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Shake it Baby

Quote:
Likewise. Are you getting LA Noire Steve?

yes but not for a few weeks
Old 19-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
In a funny way, it reminds of a classy Police Quest - anyone remember that?

Very point n'click, wander about and examine clues, without the frustrating typing of instructions.

Can't wait to get on it again!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 19-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Pure Codology

Arrrgggh... can't wait to get back to it.

Going to play this one slowly (haven't got much choice either way - 7 week old twins!)

Gf just texted me asking to create a profile so that she can play her own game.

Recommend this for couples i do not recommend if you want a GTA type of shindig.

Thanks for the heads up, Neil!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 19-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Pure Codology

p.s. RDR was brilliant too!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 19-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Shake it Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle
In a funny way, it reminds of a classy Police Quest - anyone remember that?

Very point n'click, wander about and examine clues, without the frustrating typing of instructions.

Can't wait to get on it again!

and Space Quest! Roger Wilco!

Used to love those games
Old 19-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Pure Codology

We are showing our age!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 19-05-2011, 12:09 PM

gingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
It was a good game.... but got very repetitive as all Rockstar games do, and I got fed up riding my horse for ages and ages from one side of the map to the other, and then back again. I started using the train to get to places but then felt like I was missing out on stuff.
I get bored of the GTA games quite quickly too so I have ordered it hoping this one will be different. If not you can have it cheap until you get bored of it too!
Old 19-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I cant even abide Assassins Creed 2. I like the look of it, but running to find to next thing to do is fooking rubbish.

I want my action delivered to me on a plate!
Old 19-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Think i'll be getting this, although do have fallout new vegas to complete, fallout 3 to play, gow 2 to play, and tiger, fifa and cod to keep me entertained. As it's a single player experience might try and wait and get it second hand in a month or so.

BBS competitive honours:
Fantasy NFL Keeper League Champion 2011/12, 2012/13
Tour de France Velogames wooden spoon 2012
Fantasy NFL League Champion 2009/10, Runner Up 2010/11
Formula 1 Prediction League Champion 2010
Betting Masters Champions League Cup Runner Up 2009/10