Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 28-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
The first time I ever saw him was warming up before a pre season friendly at Torquay. I looked at my mate and said who's that?? Then he came on as sub and I caught the name Ian but not the surname, and said "Ian who?"
I think I first remember him in a ZDS/Full Members Cup game, but of course it was against Oldham for the first team where he first made his mark
Old 28-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
I think I first remember him in a ZDS/Full Members Cup game, but of course it was against Oldham for the first team where he first made his mark
We were 2-1 down with minutes to go. Ian came on as a sub and got the winner.

I have a feeling too that Kevin Mabbutt may have got a goal in that game too but I may be fantasising.
Old 28-11-2013, 08:57 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Wright's debut was as a sub at home to Huddersfield (2-3), 31-Aug-85. His first start was at home to Charlton (1-1) in The League Cup a few days later, 03-Sep-85. His first goal was of course against Oldham (3-2), 12-Oct-85.

Whatever it is SPF fantasizes about is territory that few of us would want to explore but on this occasion he is; Palace's other goals were by Alan Irvine and Kevin Taylor. Kevin Mabbutt had left the previous Summer. Hope that clears things up.
Old 29-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murrayselhurstparkflyer FFS Murray
Thanks Mike! That clears it up, though, like Kevin Mabbutt, Ticker Taylor is also part of my Palace 'dream bank' so to speak.
Old 29-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
Wright's debut was as a sub at home to Huddersfield (2-3), 31-Aug-85. His first start was at home to Charlton (1-1) in The League Cup a few days later, 03-Sep-85. His first goal was of course against Oldham (3-2), 12-Oct-85.

Whatever it is SPF fantasizes about is territory that few of us would want to explore but on this occasion he is; Palace's other goals were by Alan Irvine and Kevin Taylor. Kevin Mabbutt had left the previous Summer. Hope that clears things up.
I do remember that wright's goal was from a Droy flick on, and that he went absolutely mental after!
Old 29-11-2013, 07:07 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
And, rightly so....
Old 03-12-2013, 11:43 AM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Swindon v Palace 1989 Play Off Semi Final 1st leg - Jeff Hopkins og.

I had forgotten that they hit the bar and had a goal disallowed.

Wow!! Will have a proper look at this later!!

Was in away seats that day and still have my programme from that day with the late David Rocastles autograph who was sitting in the row in front of me.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:13 PM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roecastle was good mates with Wrighty even before Ian moved to the Gunners.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:17 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Roecastle was good mates with Wrighty even before Ian moved to the Gunners.
He deffo came to watch more than once back then.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:24 PM
bit scummish really

Quote:
Phil Barber's penalty miss in the Mercantile Tournament at Wembley - 1988

We stayed to watch some of the other games after we were out and by the time we left we were driving home through London and pulled up alongside a very sullen looking Phil Barber at a set of lights driving himself home.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Mmm, Flaming Burgers

BBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
more bubbs gold - the apr track's original was in fact by a guy that worked at the short-lived croydon tv...think the park is in south croydon adjacent to the main road
:- flahaven can think again

Old 05-12-2013, 11:00 PM
living in a bubble

Lord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLord Flange : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Speroni one is simply brilliant. Really looks like Jules
Old 07-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Mmm, Flaming Burgers

BBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flange View Post
The Speroni one is simply brilliant. Really looks like Jules
Wonder if he's seen it?
Here's some at the other end from 05/06 - where is marco reich now?

Last edited by BBD; 07-12-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Mmm, Flaming Burgers

The Don, with not even his best ever effort, still manages to knock all competition aside in '73.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:53 AM

Martinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I remember that well... but the pitch looks worse than I recalled it at the time - bit like the Baseball Ground pitch!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:02 PM
Mmm, Flaming Burgers

the two best downfall vids on the toob: firstly, bubbs-
we've still got kuqi

and, it's not you're fault br***ton are sh!t
Old 08-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBoyandy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD View Post
Wonder if he's seen it?
Here's some at the other end from 05/06 - where is marco reich now?
This video annoys me. How the hell did we fail to get promoted with that team???

Old 08-12-2013, 05:20 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Some bitter-sweet memories from the 75/76 season ...

3:45 Preview and then highlights of the FA Cup 5th Round tie at Stamford Bridge

6:45 Peter Taylor scoring for England against Wales at Ninian Park in the Home International Championship plus attendant waffle.

9:25 The goals from the heartbreaking FA Cup Semi-Final at Stamford Bridge.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:30 PM

Alan Whittle's winning goal in the 1976 FA Cup Quarter Final at Roker Park.

3:00 ...

Old 08-12-2013, 05:48 PM

2nd January 1988.

Leicester City 4-4 Crystal Palace

I'm assuming nobody's particularly interested in Leicester's goals. They're out there if you're bothered.