Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-11-2017, 09:18 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Someone has been feeding some people a ton of bullshit and they've been swallowing it, which is worrying.
Old 14-11-2017, 09:26 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
For anyone wishing to do the work for themselves, the EU has a Treaties office Database that you can use to search for all the agreements with any country. It's under maintenance right now, being bedtime etc, but here's a snapshot of just the EU-US deals.
Old 14-11-2017, 09:43 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
As you are on here all day I would say retired,unemployed or a house husband...
Hardly on all day dear - shall I come round and wash your union jack sheets?

Seeing as your the boss and all - your poor over worked proletarians do all the work while you sit on your lap top in the British Crown pub no doubt.
Old 14-11-2017, 09:44 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Mik you'll kill them if they have to read real things.
Old 14-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
As you are on here all day I would say retired,unemployed or a house husband...
Oh do give it a rest : most of the BBS, me included, have more interesting jobs than you.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
USA, China, UK, Brazil, Australia, Argentina, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia and Russia.
It's astonishing how wrong you are. We have a ton of agreements with the above, and EU-Mercosur might actually happen next year (closest its ever been with Macri and Temer in power, and Venezuela suspended).

There's just no excuse for this ignorance. You can find out the facts with an internet search.
Old 14-11-2017, 10:06 PM

dave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
17 per cent is the total.Sorry if it wasn't clear.I posted the 8 per cent figure a while ago and was told by a Remainer that that was goods only and the real figure was 17 per cent(I think but it could have been less.)Google it...
17% may be the total for the EU but I was posting that the total export of goods and services worldwide is 28% of GDP. So the EU is not insignificant.

LFC fansite
Old 14-11-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I don't have any feelings about Redwood one way or the other.
In his FT piece Redwood encourages investors to take their money out of Britain and put it into the Eurozone. You read that right. The same man who will not let one day pass without emphasising how well Britain is going to do out of Brexit is at the same time talking down the markets and encouraging capital flight from the UK - is this your kind of nationalist - his he doing Britain down? To call this bizarre might be a tad too critical - what do you think.

Still, that’s what disaster capitalists do. They make money out of natural or human made disasters. They force people such as yourself to believe this madness is in your interest only to create havoc and then exploit it while you suffer the consequences and your small business dies.

This from Peter North a Brexit supporter To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Currently making something of an impact in the Brexit debate is an operation calling itself the Legatum Institute , based in fashionable W1 with the address of 11 Charles Street. According to its website, it was set up in 2009, but it does not seem to have been fully funded until recently. The Charity Commission records that the registered charity, the Legatum Institute Foundation, received over £4 million in income in 2015 - up from just under £3 million in 2014 and a mere £2,500 in 2013.

The picture one gets of Legatum, therefore, is of an exceptionally well-endowed think-tank with fingers in many pies and strongly networked with other think-tanks and the media. With offshore finance, though, this is redolent of foreign interference in UK politics, by a company which seems to attract dubious publicity , and critical appraisal .

The greatest concern, though, comes from reading the Legatum website . Having invested heavily in Russia and developing countries, the business speciality is moving into markets at times of crisis where assets are mispriced. With an eye for emerging trends and undervalued assets, it invested heavily in the telecommunications sector in Brazil, just after the country emerged from hyperinflation. It describes its own "investment heritage" in navigating through choppy markets, following the great financial crisis.
The company takes great pride in its investments in Hong Kong real estate, a market which investors had fled after the signing of the Sino-British Accord, an agreement that promised to give Hong Kong back to the Chinese government. It saw assets mispriced, and noted that "opportunities arise in times of crisis". This is a business style which has been described as " disaster capitalism ", which would benefit significantly from a hard Brexit .

Here, a comparison could be made with Hong Kong, where a similar situation might arise in a UK under the stress of a hard Brexit, where many traditional firms have run for cover, or relocated in the EU, leaving many assets under-priced. Looking also for opportunities arising from deregulation and further privatisation – especially in the NHS, with Legatum having considerable healthcare interests – hard Brexit presents multiple opportunities.

In this, the Legatum Institute seems to be paving the way for its "parent undertakings", its task assisted by useful fools and fellow travellers on the Tory right. What we have often characterised as incompetence, therefore, may be more sinister. There is money to be made out of a hard Brexit.

Last edited by cdm61; 14-11-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 14-11-2017, 10:31 PM

Brexit: Theresa May adviser warns EU withdrawal could be ‘the moment we finally failed as a great nation’ To view the link you have to Register or Login

'That I see as a very real prospect and it chills me to the bone,' Conservative Policy Forum chairman confesses

Brexit risks being “the moment we finally failed as a great nation”, Theresa May’s policy adviser has warned, in an extraordinary attack.

George Freeman said he now feared the troubled exit process would create an impoverished country, like “an old people’s home that couldn’t pay for itself”.

“That I see as a very real prospect and it chills me to the bone,” the Tory MP and chairman of the Conservative Policy Forum told a conference.

But, Mr Freeman said, Brexit could be “the moment we finally failed as a great nation and became a second or third tier nation”.

The comments came in a speech delivered to an economics conference staged by the IPPR think tank.

They come the day after business leaders gave the Prime Minister a two-week deadline to break the deadlock in the Brexit talks, allowing them to move on to discussing future trade.

Leading banks and other companies have warned they will start to implement contingency plans to move part of their operations out of Britain, without a breakthrough by the New Year.
Old 14-11-2017, 10:32 PM

dave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
If someone is surveyed for the LFS and says they are available for work & looking then they are classified as unemployed. That is separate from the claimant count which is administrative data collated by the Jobcentre, so not used internationally (& not recognised outside Government).
Thanks, I wasn't aware.

LFC fansite
Old 14-11-2017, 10:56 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Contentious?

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 14-11-2017, 11:10 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
Contentious?
Just more brexiteer shit. Excites the stupid.

“MUTINY:
an open rebellion against the proper authorities, especially by soldiers or sailors against their officers.”

They are the authority and they aren’t rebelling ~ they are doing their job enshrined by law.
Old 14-11-2017, 11:11 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Good to see bob Neil up there. Standing up for his constituents.

My mps missing ~ failing in his job to stand up for his.
Old 14-11-2017, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
Contentious?
Contentious not from the Barclay clan - its a clear attack on Parliamentary democracy. And on the security of those MP's.

Residence: Fontvieille, Monaco; Brecqhou, Sark, Channel Islands...Non Doms - avoiding tax - influencing British politics to extreme levels.

When asked if he was a tax exile, Sir Frederick stated that he lived abroad for health reasons. The corporate tax arrangements of the Ritz Hotel, which was purchased and refurbished by the brothers in 1995, was the subject of a December 2012 investigation by BBC's Panorama current affairs television programme. The hotel has paid no corporation tax in the UK by legally claiming reliefs for 17 years. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-11-2017, 11:25 PM

Dominic Grieve, the ringleader of the Tory rebels, has declared he intends to vote against the government’s efforts to fix the date of Brexit on 29 March 2019 regardless of “bloodcurdling threats” and “arm twisting” from the whips.

On the first of eight days of debate on the European Union withdrawal bill’s committee stage, the former attorney general described Brexit as an “extraordinarily painful process of national self-mutilation”, as he warned that he would not be ordered to vote against his conscience.
Old 14-11-2017, 11:26 PM

Johnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Having blue passports will more than offset the increased costs of our exports due to WTO tariffs

apparently
Old 14-11-2017, 11:41 PM

Johnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnnieboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Good to see bob Neil up there. Standing up for his constituents.

My mps missing ~ failing in his job to stand up for his.
Bob is my MP.

I object to the fact that he is a shoe in every time and that a vote for anyone else is effectively wasted. But I am very pleased that he is standing up for democratic process by objecting to the executive order and take it or leave it nonsense.

And for those that still don't get it, as a nation we voted to take back democratic control but a small number of people at the heart of government are attempting to pass legislation that would allow that same handful of people to bypass any democratic scrutiny of changes to the laws we are bringing back under our control. Compared with allowing an elected EU Parliament to vote on those laws, that is massively UNDEMOCRATIC.
Old 15-11-2017, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
We were asked today about the implications of Brexit and a no deal on a particular issue.

We explained how the UK would suffer as it does not have the resources to deal with this issue.

After the meeting, we just laughed. Nobody has one clue how to tackle Brexit. A year and a half on and the questions that should have been asked pre referendum are being asked now.

Complete joke.
Old 15-11-2017, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
Bob is my MP.

I object to the fact that he is a shoe in every time and that a vote for anyone else is effectively wasted. But I am very pleased that he is standing up for democratic process by objecting to the executive order and take it or leave it nonsense.

And for those that still don't get it, as a nation we voted to take back democratic control but a small number of people at the heart of government are attempting to pass legislation that would allow that same handful of people to bypass any democratic scrutiny of changes to the laws we are bringing back under our control. Compared with allowing an elected EU Parliament to vote on those laws, that is massively UNDEMOCRATIC.
My mp was on ze list. Whipped *swear word*
Old 15-11-2017, 07:15 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
No surprises in this story - Russia backed Brexit in a big way: