Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:27 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Absolute myth re passing game under AP.. We passed it sideways and back and then lumped it crudely and aimlessly more times than I can remember under him.
Yep. We played the second highest number of long balls in the league after Burnley, if I recall.

This is well worth a read, too: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-04-2017, 10:40 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Absolute myth re passing game under AP.. We passed it sideways and back and then lumped it crudely and aimlessly more times than I can remember under him.
Indeed!

But you try telling that to some people - they just won't believe you!
Old 11-04-2017, 11:02 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bang on the money.

Our movement in the middle was non exsistent under Pardew. Hence why the ball players like Cabaye never really flourished under him.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:08 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
We're in safe hands.

With Pardew I always thought it was a case of 'fail to prepare, prepare to fail.'

No chance of that happening under this meticulous manager.
Pardew left the spine of the team criminally neglected, especially in midfield which had no effective AM to create chances for the striker and no one to shield the defense after selling Jedinak. Pardew spunked £30M on Benteke without doing a thing to improve the service to him by bringing in an AM. He instead had us fart-arseing around in midfield with sideways passes while our striker was stationary and being marked in the box. The only goals we scored were pretty much from crosses and set pieces. For the fourth season running. But that's what happens when you have no recognizable DM or an AM who can create or score more than one or two goals a season.

All the pointless knocking the ball around without hope of an incisive final ball before then either giving it to the wingers did nothing to improve our general creativity and frequently did more to expose our own defense than the opposition's. Our defense began leaking goals and confidence.

BFS immediately fixed the DM position with Luka, brought in new blood to stabilize the back four with Sahko and has been using Wilf and Townsend to not only support Benteke but has them running into central areas and adding a dynamism and creativity that Puncheon simply doesn't have. Bringing in PVA and Shlupp also helped but the left-sided problem was one that Pardew had more excuse for failing to predict back in the summer given Souare's car accident.

If we stay up and retain Wilf, I'm sure BFS will be looking hard at finally getting an AM so Wilf can stay on the wing. Alternatively, he may make Wilf an out-and-out AM and bring in a good winger. Either way, we should be able to continue our recent ability to attack successfully through midfield and be less predictable and utterly dependent on wing play. For the first time since promotion.

I have faith BFS will see an AM as a main priority next season and the benefits for us will be enormous and long overdue. Pardew allowing the midfield to become such a liability nearly cost us our Premiership status. It's good to have a manager that understands the importance of a midfield that actually generates goals and shields the defense.

Last edited by SOUTHGATE EAGLE; 12-04-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:45 AM

kilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A manager that understands the game not a dodgy disco dancer like pardew
Old 12-04-2017, 01:10 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilkennyjim View Post
A manager that understands the game not a dodgy disco dancer like pardew
To view the link you have to Register or Login

OK
Old 12-04-2017, 02:33 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Could anyone copy and paste the article for me (and PM it if need be)?

I can't read it here in Thailand - even with a VPN. Very odd...
Old 12-04-2017, 04:55 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
Could anyone copy and paste the article for me (and PM it if need be)?

Have PM'd it to you.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:23 AM
Stark Raving Normal

Bangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBangkok Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
Same. The Daily Mail factor again (although normally I'm happy to live without it).
Old 12-04-2017, 06:31 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangkok Eagle View Post
Same. The Daily Mail factor again (although normally I'm happy to live without it).
Sent.

I should start charging
Old 12-04-2017, 06:54 AM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Jedinak/holding midfielder thing is a bit harsh on Pardew. We played McArthur and Cabaye for the first half of the FA Cup Final season and were 5th at Christmas. Jedinak hardly got a look in during that period. Pardew rightly or wrongly wanted to change our style from the Pulis 30% possession model to a more front foot style. It would have been interesting to see how the second
half of that season would have panned out if we hadn't been decimated by injuries (remember we had to play Campbell up front with Mutch just behind him at Bournemouth on the Boxing Day after winning at Stoke just before Christmas to go 5th). Pardew's big errors were that he couldn't buy a player to save his life and I think he has a habit of falling out with players because of his arrogance. That said, I much prefer the Pulis/Allardyce way of playing for a club like Palace in the Premier League.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
The Jedinak/holding midfielder thing is a bit harsh on Pardew. We played McArthur and Cabaye for the first half of the FA Cup Final season and were 5th at Christmas. Jedinak hardly got a look in during that period. Pardew rightly or wrongly wanted to change our style from the Pulis 30% possession model to a more front foot style. It would have been interesting to see how the second
half of that season would have panned out if we hadn't been decimated by injuries (remember we had to play Campbell up front with Mutch just behind him at Bournemouth on the Boxing Day after winning at Stoke just before Christmas to go 5th). Pardew's big errors were that he couldn't buy a player to save his life and I think he has a habit of falling out with players because of his arrogance. That said, I much prefer the Pulis/Allardyce way of playing for a club like Palace in the Premier League.
There's a lot of truth in your post and hopefully once the dust has settled, most can get some perspective on Pardew's time here. Useless he was not, and far and away not anywhere near the worst we've seen in post at Palace.

But his deficiencies crippled him and our team in the end. A massive one for me was not recognising that he needed a quality coaching team around him that covered his inadequacies and make him a better manager.

Look at Big Sam; he's totally got that down to a tee: Sammy Lee, Margetson, the fitness guy....Sorry, love them but Salako, Millen and Woodman are hardly in that league.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:42 AM

Pub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post

OK
Hunt around for that did we?

Last edited by Pub Idol; 12-04-2017 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:56 AM

JackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJackTheBiscuit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post

OK
Oh how you must wish for those days when you could continue to hold on to some hope that Sam would not turn around the mess and argue about Pardew's win percentages and all that bollocks
Old 12-04-2017, 08:24 AM

DE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheBiscuit View Post
Oh how you must wish for those days when you could continue to hold on to some hope that Sam would not turn around the mess and argue about Pardew's win percentages and all that bollocks
Common knowledge that Pards defensive drills in training were virtually non existance
Old 12-04-2017, 08:34 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
By all accounts his drills after training were rather impressive though.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
By all accounts his drills after training were rather impressive though.
And were arranged whilst he was overseeing training .........Apparently.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:48 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
I think the main difference in the current regime compared to pardews in his final year is the coaching team. Whether the blame can all be laid at pardews door is open to debate.The old palace boys feeling with pardew millen woodman etc ,the cup run ala 90 went right through the club and the reality was the coaching was not premier league standard by a long way,especially if you're trying to move to a more progressive attacking style of play.

I don't like allardyce and what he represents but he identified this and got a professional team in and you can now see the results.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:51 AM

Pub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPub Idol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
I think the main difference in the current regime compared to pardews in his final year is the coaching team. Whether the blame can all be laid at pardews door is open to debate.The old palace boys feeling with pardew millen woodman etc ,the cup run ala 90 went right through the club and the reality was the coaching was not premier league standard by a long way,especially if you're trying to move to a more progressive attacking style of play.

I don't like allardyce and what he represents
but he identified this and got a professional team in and you can now see the results.
You don't like well organised, committed, inspired and straight forward?
Old 12-04-2017, 09:02 AM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm going to reserve judgement on Sam until we see what he is capable of with Jordon Mutch. At the moment, I'm extremely impressed. If he can get anyone to pay a fee for Mutch in the summer, then he'll become a f**king god!!