Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:01 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Funniest thing you ever seen...

...involving Palace at a match.

Just to lighten the mood a bit.

This is mine...

The home game before we had Liverpool in the semi, can't recall who it was but it'll be easy enough to google it, The Croydon Advertiser was a sponsor who had a bloke who dressed up as a blue bear (The Croydon Advertiser Blue Bear) who used to have a kickabout with the mascot pre match.

The game I mentioned had the blue bear kicking around with the mascot who couldn't have been anymore than 5 or 6.
The bear decided to poleaxe this little boy just as he was about to score a goal.
We stood in The Holmesdale at the time and my brother went ******* mental on seeing this. We had to hold him back and everything So much so that he swore he'd get the blue bear one day.

Well that day came at Villa Park v Liverpool.
The blue bear made an appearance in The Holte End pre match, dancing up and down the aisles. My brother got hold of him, reminded him of what he'd done at Selhurst and then kicked him down the steps.

We all laughed and laughed. And it probably wasn't even the same bloke but we didn't care.

You?
Old 02-09-2018, 05:13 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Dunno if this counts as technically not at Palace, but had the strangest and most amusing thing that has made me late to a match in my life, on Saturday. Just walking past the victory, three minutes till kick off, and two old Christian ladies carrying a 20 pack (or around that) of water bottles were struggling, and shouted for help. Ended up carrying the water into their church for them, and they were very grateful. Were kind enough to give me a bottle as it was a very hot day, which I downed before getting having to get rid of it outside the turnstile.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:16 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Gabor Kiraly pulling down Ruud Van Nistelroy's shorts in front of the Holmesdale.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:04 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post

This is mine...

The home game before we had Liverpool in the semi, can't recall who it was but it'll be easy enough to google it, The Croydon Advertiser was a sponsor who had a bloke who dressed up as a blue bear (The Croydon Advertiser Blue Bear) who used to have a kickabout with the mascot pre match.

The game I mentioned had the blue bear kicking around with the mascot who couldn't have been anymore than 5 or 6.
The bear decided to poleaxe this little boy just as he was about to score a goal.
We stood in The Holmesdale at the time and my brother went ******* mental on seeing this. We had to hold him back and everything So much so that he swore he'd get the blue bear one day.

The blue bear made an appearance in The Holte End pre match, dancing up and down the aisles. My brother got hold of him, reminded him of what he'd done at Selhurst and then kicked him down the steps.

We all laughed and laughed. And it probably wasn't even the same bloke but we didn't care.

You?
The person inside the Blue Bear suit was Claire - LaBonbonera's Mrs.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 02-09-2018, 06:48 PM

anonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineanonymousone : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well the first two were hilarious.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:55 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousone View Post
Yes, my poor ribs
Old 02-09-2018, 06:59 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Oh dear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 02-09-2018, 07:06 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
When Lombardo first arrived -the days when loads of fans wearing Lombardo wigs was amusing!
Old 02-09-2018, 07:08 PM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post

This is mine...

You?
Sounds like he needs help.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:09 PM

Purepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is herePurepalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
The person inside the Blue Bear suit was Claire - LaBonbonera's Mrs.
Hope she was alright.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:21 PM

Palace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Liverpool throwing away a three goal lead to effectively surrender the league title?

5 v 0 was pretty funny too
Old 02-09-2018, 07:26 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousone View Post
Mine wasn’t really intended as such tbf, probably belongs on a different thread. Coastals on the other hand... Maybe you had to be there?
Old 02-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
The home fans jubilation at the Amex prior to our Play off semi.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Has to be Lee Bowyer, literally running crying to the referee after we systematically on a rotation basis kicked seven bells out of him at Charlton. The best one was practically a drop-kick to the chest. He ran to the ref with his shirt up showing him the stud marks

Last edited by davech; 02-09-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:14 PM

audreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaudreytatou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One of my best mates was a big skinhead. Back in the day the old bill wouldn't let you into the ground in steel toe cap boots...must have been late 70's?.Anyway, my mate gets his boots taken off him. It was cold so we ended up getting some straw from the side of the pitch (as used to happen??dont know if it still doees??)...we put a little pile down and he stood on top of it....he looked like a giant chicken! as he was a big bloke...anyway as the team is warming up someone skied one and it went up and up and then back down again at some pace...we all saw it but my skinhead chicken mate didn't...we moved out the way and the ball landed smack bang on his bald head and shot back into the air...he was more embarrassed than hurt but we pissed ourselves...seemed funny at the time!!...cough cough...
Old 03-09-2018, 07:20 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Has to be Lee Bowyer, literally running crying to the referee after we systematically on a rotation basis kicked seven bells out of him at Charlton. The best one was practically a drop-kick to the chest. He ran to the ref with his shirt up showing him the stud marks

Gareth Davies kicked the shizzle out of him that day. When Bowyer lifted his shirt to show the stud marks... Gareth rubbed the corner of his eyes to pretend he was crying.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:23 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
The home fans jubilation at the Amex prior to our Play off semi.
Good one, however watching the flood out of the stadium was much funnier.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:31 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
I wasn't there but wished I was as the 'girlfriend from Matalan' (or similar words) made me laugh just reading it, so must have been even funnier being there.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 03-09-2018, 07:41 AM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I wasn't there but wished I was as the 'girlfriend from Matalan' (or similar words) made me laugh just reading it, so must have been even funnier being there.

That game would be right up there. I think we were 3-0 down at the time but the stick that scruffy little group at the back of their stand got that day was hilarious. Their reactions were priceless - the bloke’s face (who was standing up giving us abuse) when the whole away end started pointing at him singing “tracksuit from Matalan” was brilliant. And his girlfriend’s reaction to “girlfriend from Matalan” was even better! My big memory of that day were the faces of the rest of the Birmingham fans in that stand - they were desperately trying not to piss themselves laughing.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:46 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Good one, however watching the flood out of the stadium was much funnier.

Ha, yeh. I remember they kept us back for a while and once we were finally allowed to leave, walking past the Home end where they have some big corporate bar/restaurants, just seeing rows and rows of sad faces crying in to their Shandy’s.