Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 25-07-2016, 11:37 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty_snacks View Post
In a three way fight between the status quo, soft leave and hard Brexit, Remain wins every single day of the week. Most leavers voted for a nebulous concept of Brexit, and even those that are clear over what that future looks like are divided over how far it goes.
In theory you are right but that assumes all of the 48% who voted to remain are happy with the status quo. There may have been many who voted to stay out of fear for their jobs rather than because they were strong believers in the EU or supporters of free trade, free movement or globalisation. There could be plenty who given the choice of a soft friendlyish Brexit would prefer that to the current situation.

Late edit. Redwood, Steve Baker and Bill Cash should bore off. We have seen enough of them to last a lifetime.

Last edited by Nth Kent Eagle; 25-07-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 25-07-2016, 11:42 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Abolishing corporation tax would make no difference to the big US tech giants because they don't pay it anyway. The single market has massively strengthened the hands of corporations and ruthless employers and weakened the trade unions, workforce and governments. That isn't a reason for leaving the EU but is a reason to have balancing factors on terms and conditions. On the subject of corporation tax it is pointless. As long as other EU countries such as Ireland and Luxembourg, let alone Hong Kong, have lower rates big business will find a way round it in minutes. They have well drilled tax departments and hire accountancies who have off the shelf packages. We should move taxes on corporations to areas that are harder to avoid. It looks like in this country that is what we are doing. I am sure the Laffer Curve works up to a point but then the law of diminishing returns applies.
Old 25-07-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
It's not really a bid deal. Yes EU citizens will be able to get into the UK illegally via NI, but they won't be and to work or claim benefits. I don't think the UK is really worried about EU "illegals"
I'm not sure how we could seal that border even if we wanted to. We haven't managed it for decades despite all the military presence.
Old 25-07-2016, 11:54 AM

WIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well, just got back from two weeks in Greece, so as I'm back in the office I've now got time to post on the BBS.

I have several good Greek friends from previous visits and obviously met many fellow holidaymakers.

A common debate was obviously Brexit, these are some of the opinions I gleaned from others.

The Greeks that I spoke to all seemed pretty pleased with the UK decision, as they really have no time for the EU (esp.Germany), and I think they are hoping it spells the end for it in its current format.

Spoke with a few Scots, one couple I met were SNP voters but surprisingly voted to Leave the EU, I wasn't expecting this. They had 2 professional kids a doctor and pharmacist, and he was a lecturer. They seemed to think that once out of EU they would then vote out of UK. They then said the SNP would lose a lot of its support once it had achieved its goal of Independence, and politics in Scotland would evolve with more choice of parties to vote for.
I met a Rangers fan who I would have bet was a Leaver, but of course wrong again he was a Remainer.
Couple of Irish (Republicans) who I thought would be slating the UK for the way it voted actually had a bit of respect for UK having the nerve to vote Leave. They also felt the EU needed reform.
Another chap from Romania was very interested in the Brexit vote, and wished the UK "good luck" although I think he actually thought we were mad!

All I can deduce from this scientific study is that it wasn't very scientific, although it was fun as these chats usually occurred at a bar with a cold beer in hand!
Old 25-07-2016, 01:01 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wonder how long before we can get back to having proper passports? It might be a minor point but I always felt a revulsion at even having to handle that nasty EU one.

Sadly I might be saddled with one for longer than most given that mine has now expired and I have to renew it but when the proper passports come into play I might have to somehow damage the EU one and get a replacement.
Old 25-07-2016, 01:17 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01 View Post
Where did the full break come from?

We are a part of the European continent therefore is impossible to have a full break unless we declare the UK a continent.

One reason I voted leave was so that we were no longer under the control of unelected hypocrites like Jaunker. The man who made it possible for amazon, costa coffee and google to avoid millions in UK tax.

Despite the doom mongers we will still trade with Europe under terms that we find acceptable. They are already talking about 7 year 'holidays' from free movement.

We had a vote. The result is already known. Our government and the EU have accepted it. Its now a case of damage limitation on both sides, but mostly that of the EU. We are in this position due to their intransigence. For them to continue down that road will be counterproductive for all.

ps. Its a 3% swing not 5%.
Can you please explain to us the difference between the French and UK Governments in their approach to reclaiming underpaid tax from Google?
Old 25-07-2016, 01:18 PM

Mr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Personally I am extremely proud to have the words "European Union" on my passport and it will be a sad day when I have to renew it
Old 25-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Yeah, I've come around to my EU passport. I like the way they fly the EU flag all over Spain as well, along with the local flags. Time the British started doing the same.
Old 25-07-2016, 01:23 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
I wonder how long before we can get back to having proper passports? It might be a minor point but I always felt a revulsion at even having to handle that nasty EU one.

Sadly I might be saddled with one for longer than most given that mine has now expired and I have to renew it but when the proper passports come into play I might have to somehow damage the EU one and get a replacement.
Old 25-07-2016, 01:29 PM

palacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Yeah, I've come around to my EU passport. I like the way they fly the EU flag all over Spain as well, along with the local flags. Time the British started doing the same.
No wonder up until the recent Euro farce, Spain had done very well out of the EU since 1986. I'd wanna fly a EU flag over that shiney new road where donkeys used to tread.
Old 25-07-2016, 01:49 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
I love your quaint little ways.
Old 25-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
No wonder up until the recent Euro farce, Spain had done very well out of the EU since 1986. I'd wanna fly a EU flag over that shiney new road where donkeys used to tread.
And Europe has got its money's worth. By no means perfect but goodbye to the fascist leaders and hello modern western society.
Old 25-07-2016, 01:53 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIZARD View Post
Well, just got back from two weeks in Greece, so as I'm back in the office I've now got time to post on the BBS.

Spoke with a few Scots, one couple I met were SNP voters but surprisingly voted to Leave the EU, I wasn't expecting this.
Why not ? Roughly 40% of Scots voted to leave - a fact generally forgotten amidst Nicola Sturgeon's ceaseless self-promotion ...
Old 25-07-2016, 01:53 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
Never, I hope. Don't fancy those long non-eu citizens queues.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Nice change of tack from May using 'If' we leave the EU.

Tory Chairman has stated it will 'happen before the next GE....definitely.....'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 25-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
I think I read that the country whose GDP adjusted for population, had grown the most rapidly of all developed nations in the world, since the UK entered the EEC in 1973, was.... the UK.

So it's fair to say that the UK has done even better out of the EU, if you want to measure it in those narrow pecuniary terms.
Old 25-07-2016, 02:37 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Never, I hope. Don't fancy those long non-eu citizens queues.
Best not go to Dover at the minute I was there Saturday oh and Sunday great fun meant to be going to France on Thursday not sure I will with the queues again
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 25-07-2016, 02:43 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'll miss it too. It means when waiting for a flight I can't childishly brandish it in Mrs Bubbs face like a red card and shouting 'OFF!' every 5 minutes. Whiles away the time I can tell you. Won't miss the 'grow up!' rebuke from the Mrs mind.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 25-07-2016, 02:49 PM

palacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think I read that the country whose GDP adjusted for population, had grown the most rapidly of all developed nations in the world, since the UK entered the EEC in 1973, was.... the UK.

So it's fair to say that the UK has done even better out of the EU, if you want to measure it in those narrow pecuniary terms.
That's a whole other discussion for the UK and starts in the 19th century with a steady decline throughout the 20th century reaching a climax during the 1960's and 1970's.

The way Spain has greatly changed from a Very backward European country even in the late 1970s and early 80s', isn't measuring to 'narrow pecuniary terms' merely the obvious.
Old 25-07-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Why not ? Roughly 40% of Scots voted to leave - a fact generally forgotten amidst Nicola Sturgeon's ceaseless self-promotion ...
Perhaps Sturgeon could ask Angie and the EU if they will give Scotland the Barnett Formula if they leave the UK and ask to stay in the EU? She can also sign up to a budget deficit of no more than 3% of GDP and get fined if she doesn't achieve it whilst at the same time complaining about austerity.