Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » BBS Forums » User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:22 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
“XXXXX (name of player) discussion” threads

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it annoying that General Palace discussion is now regularly headed by blandly titled threads such as “Wilfried Zaha discussion”

I am sure, in the past there would have been separately titled threads on whatever the specific discussion was focussed on, eg “Did Wilf dive in the game against Stoke?” and all the discussion specifically related to that debate would be on that thread.

By just having these endless threads about whatever they have done each game (with the threads rolling on for weeks and months), it could be argued that it is not much different to ‘bumping old threads’

I know that when something massive happens, (eg Roy became our new manager) you could get numerous multiple ‘Roy’ threads about lots of slightly different things he might do.

However, all these threads with just the player name and ‘discussion’ don’t tempt you in to read and debate the latest topic.

Obviously I can’t stop people tagging on their latest thoughts on Wayne Hennessey’s form onto the long running thread about him, but I just think people might like to start a new thread once in a while if there is enough of a fresh topic being raised?
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 10-01-2018, 04:54 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Aadot

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 10-01-2018, 06:45 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Thanks Maidstoned. trust me to miss that in GPD! (probably because GPD isn't very enticing for dipping your toe into with all the bland thread titles)

Oh well, at least its not just me thinking it!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 11-01-2018, 02:06 PM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
As Adlerhorst said on that other "discussion" thread, it's fine to start separate threads on specific new topics related to a player (or manager, chairman etc.) if people want to do so. Mods may sometimes merge very similar threads, and if for example someone started a new thread just saying that Jordon Mutch is a bit rubbish then it would probably get merged with the existing JM discussion thread, but by all means start new threads if there's something new to discuss related to an individual.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:04 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it annoying that General Palace discussion is now regularly headed by blandly titled threads such as “Wilfried Zaha discussion”

I am sure, in the past there would have been separately titled threads on whatever the specific discussion was focussed on, eg “Did Wilf dive in the game against Stoke?” and all the discussion specifically related to that debate would be on that thread.

By just having these endless threads about whatever they have done each game (with the threads rolling on for weeks and months), it could be argued that it is not much different to ‘bumping old threads’

I know that when something massive happens, (eg Roy became our new manager) you could get numerous multiple ‘Roy’ threads about lots of slightly different things he might do.

However, all these threads with just the player name and ‘discussion’ don’t tempt you in to read and debate the latest topic.

Obviously I can’t stop people tagging on their latest thoughts on Wayne Hennessey’s form onto the long running thread about him, but I just think people might like to start a new thread once in a while if there is enough of a fresh topic being raised?
I'm afraid this is the result of folks using the transfer forum for discussions on players performance
Old 22-01-2018, 03:34 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Can we not have a subforum in GPD for player chat? Just have a mega thread for each player? One thread created for each player by a MOD and no poster access to create new threads?
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni