Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-07-2016, 07:26 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_h View Post
Insurance and banking where Britain is a global leader

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Medical research where Britain is a global leader

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Life sciences technology where Britain is a global leader

"The European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on health data was quoted by the Wellcome Foundation as having a 'devastating impact on research'. Although regulation was subsequently amended it is still thought liable to adversely affect technology companies seeking to develop devices using the data generated by health trackers and other wearables."

That's not to underestimate the great job they've already done on some of our traditional industries such as Fishing and Steel.

Maybe when you're not listening to pussies or reading ladybird books you can think of 3 examples where the EU have gone out of their way to help UK industry?? Apart from the Working Time Directive (which anyone working for themselves knows is a joke!) I'm struggling.......
That express article is magic Despite all the major cancer research organisations saying leaving will hurt cancer research, both in terms of science funding and collaboration, you say it's hurting innovation nectars because some bloke didn't want to have the right air filters in his lab

Are you saying once we leave, we're going to have shitter standards on air filters in science labs, weaker rules around data protection, etc? Because those sound like good things to me.

Next up, the EU is hurting our textile industry innovations because of regulations stopping 7 year old kids working 20 hour days in sweatshops
Old 23-07-2016, 07:32 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Someone wrote that the Leave vote was one last big **** you from the baby boomers to the generation they've repeatedly ****ed over, which feels fairly accurate.

"Sorry kids, I know it's not what you or the grandchildren want, but I've decided to restrict your opportunities in future because I don't like immigrants, and that's more important to me than your future. What time are you coming round for tea?"
Old 23-07-2016, 07:39 AM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Unbelievable insults and arrogance. This particular thread had shown the worst in people e.g insulting the kids of other posters as thick. People defending kids who don't speak to 81 year olds because they wanted to leave. Calling anyone who voted to leave thick and racist. No possible thought that people voting leave or remain might have felt it was better for their families. I'll say this a hundred times.....comfortably off remainers with nice jobs, houses and pensions need to try to understand why those worse off than themselves voted to leave and look at ways of improving things for them. Then perhaps we can change policy and justify a rerun.
All 3 of those items you've pointed at me with no consideration for the kind of bile that the recipients have handed out themselves.

I'll address one though. GorBlimey accused uni studentsof being lazy. That's MY kids. BOTH of my daughters worked bloody hard throughout their schooling and came out with great results leading one into a Child Nursing degree at Southampton uni - it's 16 applications per place for that course and now she's virtually doing a full time job in her training. My other daughter is straight A and A* in gsce and A level, she bust a gut to do it and failed to get into Medicine, instead is reading Biomedicine at Birmingham Uni hoping to move into scientific research. Both career paths are hugely affected negatively by Brexit and Tory decisions which GorBlimey supports. There where many kids though who did **** all at school and came out with the **** all, there's no ******* way GorBlimey's kids worked harder than mine to get where they are, and now he bleats because they end up in some kind of physical job and slag off those who either had greater academic ability or just plain worked harder, or both. It's as if he never wanted them to go into higher education, which is bullshit. They weren't up to it and he's bitter. I usually consider your posts well reasoned, but this time no, you're bloody wrong.

Last edited by anti-addick; 23-07-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:42 AM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
If the story is true, the 'grown-up' children of the 81 year old should be truly ashamed of themselves.

Their mother, and all she has done for them in their lifetimes, is worth a thousand times more than fecking hysteria on a poxy referendum vote.
I would have to agree. I think it's perfectly reasonable for the kids to be disappointed in their Mum for voting leave, and (depending on why) even feeling like a little bit of respect for her has been lost. Eagle Kneevil's post put that emotion very well imho.

But to start ostracising your own parents for a vote is just wrong, and to suggest that she could be prevented from seeing her grandchildren because of how she voted just beggars belief. I really can't see how anyone can defend this, and can't help thinking that there has to be more to this than meets the eye as the story as presented just seems too outrageous to be true.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:46 AM

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Someone wrote that the Leave vote was one last big **** you from the baby boomers to the generation they've repeatedly ****ed over, which feels fairly accurate.

"Sorry kids, I know it's not what you or the grandchildren want, but I've decided to restrict your opportunities in future because I don't like immigrants, and that's more important to me than your future. What time are you coming round for tea?"
That was me
Old 23-07-2016, 07:48 AM

olly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yet again more utter trite from the remainers
As a baby boomer myself it is deeply saddening to see that children born in this country will struggle to buy a house, get a job on much more than minimum wage and still have a big student debt to pay

Yet again though the left continues to blame it on everybody else and chuck out the racism charge at every opportunity
Old 23-07-2016, 07:52 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
All 3 of those items you've pointed at me with no consideration for the kind of bile that the recipients have handed out themselves.

I'll address one though. GorBlimey accused uni studentsof being lazy. That's MY kids. BOTH of my daughters worked bloody hard throughout their schooling and came out with great results leading one into a Child Nursing degree at Southampton uni - it's 16 applications per place for that course and now she's virtually doing a full time job in her training. My other daughter is straight A and A* in gsce and A level, she bust a gut to do it and failed to get into Medicine, instead is reading Biomedicine at Birmingham Uni hoping to move into scientific research. Both career paths are hugely affected negatively by Brexit and Tory decisions which GorBlimey supports. There where many kids though who did **** all at school and came out with the **** all, there's no ******* way GorBlimey's kids worked harder than mine to get where they are, and now he bleats because they end up in some kind of physical job and slag off those who either had greater academic ability or just plain worked harder, or both. It's as if he never wanted them to go into higher education, which is bullshit. They weren't up to it and he's bitter. I usually consider your posts well reasoned, but this time no, you're bloody wrong.
You took a general post aimed at many people as personal to you, which was not its intention.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:52 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_h View Post
Sorry to disagree but that's crap! Any competitive innovation or commercial edge (potentially global) introduced or proposed by Britain (or any other country for that matter) was routinely regulated from existence by the EU by protectionist measures which, coincidentally, favour the founder members (France in agriculture, Germany in manufacturing, both in services).
This has resulted in the 'lowest common denominator' approach to industry which has led to the decline in European growth, burgeoning youth unemployment and the direction of Foreign Direct Investment to more attractive areas of the globe. The only growth in jobs is in the EU bureaucracy (by invitation only!)
I left off the bit on funding as we've done that before: the link you added points out that the mis-payments are at national level so down to government errors etc, including in UK.

On the rest, what you call protectionist are usually called harmonised standards to ensure a level playing field that benefits all players. If they were protectionist then they haven't worked well as non-EU nations, especially US & China, have used them to increase their exports to the EU. That trade has increased. If this only benefited the founding members, then why has the UK's growth & trade grown during our Membership also?

Indeed, if FDI has flowed out of the EU then why has it risen since the global crisis and, again, why has the UK featured particularly with the 3rd highest FDI in the world?

How has all this meant declining EU growth when until the global crisis it was growing positively? The same for employment with some countries, like Denmark, showing particularly strong job growth over the 00s.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:53 AM

Mr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This anti intellectual attitude that people who go to Uni are workshy is sadly typical amongst many in the UK and is why Michael Gove can come out with drivel that people have had enough of experts and why Nigel Farage can say that no EU politician has ever had a proper job. I would like to know how people who have such an attitude think our country can work without educated people.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:58 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly cromwell View Post
Yet again more utter trite from the remainers
As a baby boomer myself it is deeply saddening to see that children born in this country will struggle to buy a house, get a job on much more than minimum wage and still have a big student debt to pay

Yet again though the left continues to blame it on everybody else and chuck out the racism charge at every opportunity
Who do you hold responsible Olly?
Old 23-07-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
This anti intellectual attitude that people who go to Uni are workshy is sadly typical amongst many in the UK and is why Michael Gove can come out with drivel that people have had enough of experts and why Nigel Farage can say that no EU politician has ever had a proper job. I would like to know how people who have such an attitude think our country can work without educated people.

Graft, no laziness and a wife who can buy you a holiday home

Last edited by anti-addick; 23-07-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 23-07-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
You took a general post aimed at many people as personal to you, which was not its intention.
I hadn't realised so many people had insulted GorBlimey in the same way. What a coincidence.
Old 23-07-2016, 08:00 AM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post

What an unbelievably crass comment.

So the 'baby boomers' who are due to retire soon did that just to f*** off the young. i.e. their own kids and grandkids. Whilst also, according to the remainers. 'f***ing the economy and therefore their own pension opportunities.

More likely the reason is, that they want the availability of work and decent pay opportunities for their grandkids when they leave university and they have a chance of getting a house.

My daughter was a really upset remainer and at first she would not talk to us. Having spoken with immigrants where she lives and some of my friends and our family who have struggled due to excessive immigration she has mellowed so much that she is staying with us all of this week.

Note: I am not opposed to immigration at all. However, it needs to be controlled. Over 4m (3m from the EU) is too many. It is affecting housing, healthcare and several other services regardless of cuts. More people equals more stress on these factors.

17m racists did not vote leave and the sooner some of the remainers wind their necks in and understand that the better.
Old 23-07-2016, 08:01 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
From what I've seen its the other way round. In Britain we need to focus more on vocational training for skills in for example the building industry of we are going to build more houses. A lot of my generation had no chance to go to university because their parents needed them to work at 16 to pay their rent. I'm sure that is still the case in many families. However most feel proud when their children are lucky enough to be born in the most brainy 30% and able to go to university. The other 70% shouldn't be forgotten.
Old 23-07-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
I hadn't realised so many people had insulted GorBlimey in the same way. What a coincidence.
Tbf I hadn't read GorBlimeys post or your response to him. Did you mean your response to Biggin rather than GorBlimey? If yes, he shouldn't have made his comment either.

Last edited by Nth Kent Eagle; 23-07-2016 at 08:11 AM.
Old 23-07-2016, 08:06 AM

Cake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wow. So much hate and bile on this thread. Condescending attitude from anti-addick and others.

Is it any wonder people voted leave with shit like this.
Old 23-07-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01 View Post
What an unbelievably crass comment.

So the 'baby boomers' who are due to retire soon did that just to f*** off the young. i.e. their own kids and grandkids. Whilst also, according to the remainers. 'f***ing the economy and therefore their own pension opportunities.

More likely the reason is, that they want the availability of work and decent pay opportunities for their grandkids when they leave university and they have a chance of getting a house.

My daughter was a really upset remainer and at first she would not talk to us. Having spoken with immigrants where she lives and some of my friends and our family who have struggled due to excessive immigration she has mellowed so much that she is staying with us all of this week.

Note: I am not opposed to immigration at all. However, it needs to be controlled. Over 4m (3m from the EU) is too many. It is affecting housing, healthcare and several other services regardless of cuts. More people equals more stress on these factors.

17m racists did not vote leave and the sooner some of the remainers wind their necks in and understand that the better.
Yet another example of the young being utterly disgusted at your choice. I reiterate, it's repeated over and over.

We're one of the richest countries in the world and can't build any houses or infrastructure, which is why we can't cope with the immigration. That's the fault of the EU is it? No, it's successive support for right wing governance.
Old 23-07-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake and Eat It View Post
Wow. So much hate and bile on this thread. Condescending attitude from anti-addick and others.

Yes facts can appear condescending when they assault your own position
Old 23-07-2016, 08:17 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake and Eat It View Post

Another odd and unconvincing justification for voting leave. Is some one keeping a list of these?
Old 23-07-2016, 08:19 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Without commenting on your individual case you could make an argument for either less or a different kind of immigration without being called racist.

Firstly, it is legitimate to question whether we can sustain total free movement from the EU given population growth of 500,000. This is especially the case when the middle classes are not willing to fund it and the lower paid are taking the disadvantages whilst the better off are getting the benefits. Secondly, we have no control over the type of migration. Right now we have a surplus of unskilled or semi skilled workers putting pressure on wages, conditions and available hours for the low paid whilst the middle classes are protected by barriers to entry. At the same time we have a shortage in IT and some other professions which would need to be recruited from outside the EU. Thirdly, the current system of unlimited migration from Eastern Europe is unfair on those with relatives from Jamaica or India who don't have that automatic right. So allowing the UK government to get determine immigration levels or from where isn't racist necessarily.
I agree that we should have a proper discussion about immigration. And clearly it's clear that the top down benefits - of which there are many - aren't being understood and often outweighed by disadvantages by pockets of society. For one thing, allowing free movement of labour when the EU expanded to let in the Eastern European countries helped to keep inflation down that meant interest rates were lower for longer and that benefited the majority of the population (i.e. homeowners). But it would have been painful for workers who suddenly faced conpetition and whose were wages were depressed. Clearly many of them felt Leave was appropriate.

Any system is going to have winners and losers. And if you've got nothing then what have you got to lose? But was that 52% of the population? Seems a little high to me, which makes me fee that there were other undercurrents at play. I wasn't talking racism - far too loaded - but just general discrimination. The idea of the good immigrant because they come from a rich country and the bad immigrant who comes from a poor country.