Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 05:28 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Away View Post
I wonder if they felt they could only offer Ronnow the No1 slot and all the time they thought they'd get Guaita that wasn't the case. Maybe we missed out by trying to be honourable. I've no idea of course but it fits the facts.
I think they put all their eggs in one basket and that was Guaita. They signed him to pre-contract and hope Getafe would budge and cave in to the pressure, taking at least some money. That failed.

I do believe they then went for Rønnow as a mad last gasp attempt at aquiring a goalie - same as they did in August. That failed too.

My problem is that they knew ALL ALONG they needed a goalie and they could have had Rønnow at the start of the window if they wanted to. They took a different approach and now we are stuck with the same crappy goalies DESPITE Roy being perfectly clear that he wanted a third goalie. They had a month and screwed it up which is totally unforgiveable.

Now we might get Guaita in the summer but I bet that contracts hinges on Premier League survival. If we go down in May that penny pinching we did in January will cost us £100million or more
Old 02-02-2018, 05:29 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
In this case I do trust the Brøndby coach. Why should we not?

Why would a coach in Denmark publicly criticise a Premier League club if they did not feel they were treated wrong? Normally they'd have nothing to do with one another.

We KNOW that Palace made an offer in the dying hours of August and we KNOW they made an offer in the dying hours. Those are facts.

I agree that you shouldn't believe the media at all times but in this case the evidence is plain for all to see
Evidence indeed, if your going to take one side of the story as fact without considering any rebuttal from the other. That's why I remain neutral until more info becomes available. But at the end of the day, what does it matter? It's all done and dusted for the time being.

Last edited by 4 cryingOutloud; 02-02-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:29 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
Its very likely we had all our eggs in the Gaieta basket realised it was not happening and tried for Ronnow. Paperwork was ready for Ronnow so what went wrong us or Brondby not having cover?
Apparently our paperwork was put in, which gave us an extra 2 hours to complete the deal but Brondby couldn´t find a replacement. Now people will say that we shouldve sorted it earlier but, as RH has said today, it took us til the end of the window to complete the number one target signing (Sørloth) so that really doesnt stand up, does it?

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 02-02-2018, 05:30 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-02-2018, 05:31 PM

SteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSteveyHawking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hopefully we'll get him in the summer as backup to Guaita with Speroni as number 3 and Hennessey setting sail on a free.
BBS NFL Fantasy Keeper League Champion 2015/16
Old 02-02-2018, 05:31 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Article in Danish newspaper BT saying tat they feel Palace being unprofessional for bidding for him so late in the summer and now. Coach also said they would have let him leave if they'd had time to find a replacement. Thanks a lot Steve....
Agreed should have gone for two keepers much much earlier , will need them in the summer. Had since sept to sort out . Gross negligence/ incompetence
Old 02-02-2018, 05:38 PM

andy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I think there have been many occasions of this, especially during transfer windows, when a negative view of our transfer deaing has been believed over reports denying them. I do admit that we have heard nothing to the contrary about the Rossow dealings, however,we have only heard one sideof the story. I´m betting that if SP, DF or RH came out and gave their version of events it will be roundly decried as untrue by many on here.

For example, the Guaita dealings have people believing the getafe chairmans( who many of us here in Spain or watch Spanish football will tell you is a complete arsehole) rantings as absolute fact.
I think reading posts on here a lot of people think we've done the right thing specifically relating to Guaita. I do, at any rate. And I like the Sorloth signing as well, for what it's worth.

But there were plenty of posts hoping for early business in this window. It didn't get done and the evidence available in the immediate aftermath suggests that it was the lateness of the bids that is the reason. Lille couldn't sort out cover, and the evidence suggests that they tried but couldn't come to a deal with Dijon, and now Ronnow's chairman says he could have gone if we'd tried earlier in the window but on the day was simply too late.

And like you say, we've heard nothing to the contrary.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:39 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think they put all their eggs in one basket and that was Guaita. They signed him to pre-contract and hope Getafe would budge and cave in to the pressure, taking at least some money. That failed.

I do believe they then went for Rønnow as a mad last gasp attempt at aquiring a goalie - same as they did in August. That failed too.

My problem is that they knew ALL ALONG they needed a goalie and they could have had Rønnow at the start of the window if they wanted to. They took a different approach and now we are stuck with the same crappy goalies DESPITE Roy being perfectly clear that he wanted a third goalie. They had a month and screwed it up which is totally unforgiveable.

Now we might get Guaita in the summer but I bet that contracts hinges on Premier League survival. If we go down in May that penny pinching we did in January will cost us £100million or more
That "penny pinching" will cost the grown ups £100m or more, not us. I'm sure they were and are perfectly aware of this.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:42 PM

andy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 cryingOutloud View Post
More to the point; what has there been to confirm it other than media hype and pandering to the aggressive Palace fans who appear to survive on negativity? If you claim to be a supporter, then FFS be one.
You mean aside from direct quotes from one of the parties to the deal?

Also can i just confirm that in your post it's you who is accusing me of being aggressive?
Old 02-02-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
All fair points, however there are posters on here at the moment who are openly accusing our manager of lying in a press conference because what he has said doesn´t suit there own negative agenda, so maybe you can understand peoples frustration at some of these "leaks" being believed over non negative stories?
Complete agree the posts suggesting Roy was lying about Sorloth being first choice are ridiculous.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:49 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy m View Post
now Ronnow's chairman says he could have gone if we'd tried earlier in the window but on the day was simply too late.

And like you say, we've heard nothing to the contrary.
We have now

"Palace also failed in a late attempt to sign Frederik Rønnow from Brøndby – for the second transfer window in succession – on Wednesday after the Danish club attempted to alter the structure of the deal."

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 02-02-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
We have now

"Palace also failed in a late attempt to sign Frederik Rønnow from Brøndby – for the second transfer window in succession – on Wednesday after the Danish club attempted to alter the structure of the deal."
I have seen that now - no direct quotes though (takes cover!). What I read into this and the comments from Rannow's club is that because it was too short notice to arrange a replacement they wanted more up front than they might have done if it was earlier in the window. I accept that might not be the case but it's I think the most likely.

Which does bring me back to my main point in all of this, which is we just shouldn't have left it all to the last minute.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You mean aside from direct quotes from one of the parties to the deal?

Also can i just confirm that in your post it's you who is accusing me of being aggressive?
You need to read, old son. I accused you of nothing and it wasn't a direct quote, but one from a media source with no rebuttal, so just a one sided account only.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:38 PM
Apprentice Critic.

Quote:
I have seen that now - no direct quotes though (takes cover!). What I read into this and the comments from Rannow's club is that because it was too short notice to arrange a replacement they wanted more up front than they might have done if it was earlier in the window. I accept that might not be the case but it's I think the most likely.

Which does bring me back to my main point in all of this, which is we just shouldn't have left it all to the last minute.
Did we, or are you assuming again? None of knows what went on all month, or what was done when, do we?
Old 02-02-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
You need to read, old son. I accused you of nothing and it wasn't a direct quote, but one from a media source with no rebuttal, so just a one sided account only.
"The same club would have the same player on the last day of the transfer window.*I do not know anyone who can understand how they can do it, but I'm not able to.

"Maybe they think it's professional, but from my point of view it's unprofessional. It's disrespectful to another club."

Direct quotes from the Brondy manager. I can actually read. Old son.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:42 PM
Apprentice Critic.

Quote:
"The same club would have the same player on the last day of the transfer window.*I do not know anyone who can understand how they can do it, but I'm not able to.

"Maybe they think it's professional, but from my point of view it's unprofessional. It's disrespectful to another club."

Direct quotes from the Brondy manager. I can actually read. Old son.
Again, you form an opinion from a media source without any
rebuttal from our side. Is that really his words, or how the journalist spun the story? Amazing!

Last edited by 4 cryingOutloud; 02-02-2018 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:48 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
All fair points, however there are posters on here at the moment who are openly accusing our manager of lying in a press conference because what he has said doesn´t suit there own negative agenda, so maybe you can understand peoples frustration at some of these "leaks" being believed over non negative stories?
And that's fair. I've made many posts over the last couple of years expressing surprise at the negativity shown towards the owners given the remarkable relative success that we have enjoyed under their ownership.

But it's hard to argue against the idea that our management of key issues in the past two transfer windows has been poor. To an extent we got away with the summer, and came into the January window in a reasonable position (and one that would have seemed the realm of fantasy in the beginning of October). But in January, we really did need to sign a keeper and a striker.

At best, it appears that we have put all our eggs in one basket, and only gone for plan B at the last moment. Now there's nothing wrong with having a clear first choice, and if we had reasonable keeping options already, then taking a view that we'd stick with what we have if we couldn't get our top target would have been reasonable.

But we didn't have reasonable options. We have two keepers who are at best mid championship level. To say we were desperate for a keeper was no exaggeration. Given that, we needed to set a deadline for the top deal to go through a good week before the actual deadline, and then throw everything at getting one of the second choice targets (be that Ronnow, Bialkowski, or whoever) a good few days before the deadline. The fact that we clearly didn't do that (the very fact that we were trying to sign Ronnow right at the last minute proves that) was a a bad error, and may prove a very costly one.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
rebuttal from our side. Is that really his words, or how the journalist spun the story? Amazing!
Yes.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:52 PM

Thedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
It is beyond any doubt a direct quote. I can also quote the sporting director of Brøndby if you'd like. But I don't think you would....

Last edited by Thedane; 02-02-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:58 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The manager is also quoted as saying Rønnow would have been a Palace player by now if we'd only made the offer earlier.
As for attempts to restructure, that could be anything but both clubs and the player signed the paperwork required for the extra 2 hours. That means they were actually close but the restructuring could be anything from add-ons to instalments to even letting Rønnow remain with Brøndby for the rest of their season

The truly upsetting thing is that we've done this TWICE to the same player.