Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 11-09-2002, 05:30 PM
Cunning Planner

7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Worthington Cup 2nd Round Draw

The draw for the second round of the Worthington Cup is live on Sky Sports 1 on Saturday 14th September 2002 at 14:30.

All the Premier League teams not currently in European competitions will join the competition at this stage. Ipswich Town will also be in the hat.

The 24 ties will be played w/c 30th September 2002.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:16 AM

as216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego way
But aren't Ipswich in Europe too? One rule for the Premier League again it seems.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:23 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought Ipswich were coming in on third round, now they've qualified for the 1st Round of the UEFA... they certainly won't be able to play their game that week as they are away to FC Sartid on Thursday.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:17 PM
Cunning Planner

7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine7Ps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login I think this is more to do with their late entry into the UEFA Cup due to UEFA's late decision on the Fair-Play entries. After all, the Football League agreed to arrange a preliminary round when UEFA did eventually get their act together so Ipswich didn't have to play in the first round. I'd like to believe that the League would make any team, Premiership or otherwise, admitted into Europe this way enter the cup at the second round like Ipswich. There's a nagging suspicion that as216 is right, though. They will just have to play their second round tie on a different midweek to the rest of us.

Anyway, the 48 clubs in the second round have now been confirmed:
Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Bolton Wanderers, Brentford, Brighton & Hove Albion, Burnley, Bury, Cambridge United, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Cheltenham Town, Chesterfield, Coventry City, Crewe Alexandra, Crystal Palace, Derby County, Everton, Gillingham, Huddersfield Town, Ipswich Town, Leicester City, Leyton Orient, Luton Town, Macclesfield Town, Manchester City, Middlesbrough, Nottingham Forest, Oldham Athletic, Oxford United, Portsmouth, Preston North End, Rotherham United, Rushden & Diamonds, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton, Stockport County, Sunderland, Tottenham Hotspur, Tranmere Rovers, Walsall, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham United, Wigan Athletic, Wimbledon, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Wrexham, Wycombe Wanderers

Any preferences anyone?
Old 12-09-2002, 04:31 PM
Well nobody's perfect

northernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weednorthernsouler is AJ vs the 'weed
Spurz at home pleaeeeeeeese
Old 12-09-2002, 04:44 PM
I only hate Charlton

Boris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
Wouldn't it be hilarious if we got Brighton? Then all this talk about October 26th would have been for nothing.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:50 PM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

lightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Quote:
Originally posted by Boris the charltonhater
Wouldn't it be hilarious if we got Brighton? Then all this talk about October 26th would have been for nothing.
yep - every other year recently everyone has been wanting it to be brighton - the year we're not bothered so much because we are already playing them we're bound to get em!
Old 12-09-2002, 11:39 PM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'd like Gillingham, Wimbledon, Charlton or a Premier League team for the next game - at home (or is it 2 legs ?)....save BHA for the 26th Oct.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:51 PM
Sir Paul The Great

palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.palacefan_72 has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
i dont really care if we get the weed as long as it doesnt take the shine off oct 26
Old 13-09-2002, 04:58 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
According to football league website........

We are seeded (one of 24 seeded)

Br*ghton are UNSEEDED (one of 24 unseeded)

So IT COULD HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

Can we get someone at Sky to fix the draw????
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 13-09-2002, 05:09 PM
Travel gnu called Kylie!

lightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recalllightweight put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Quote:
Originally posted by Dorking .Eagle
We are seeded (one of 24 seeded)

strangely we weren't seeded last year!!
Old 13-09-2002, 05:32 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
We weren't seeded last season 'cos we finished 21st in Div 1 the previous season!

This time finishing 10th the previous season is high enough to be seeded, as Norwich and Millwall (who finished last season above us) are already out.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 13-09-2002, 07:11 PM
Cunning Planner

Quote:
This time finishing 10th the previous season is high enough to be seeded, as Norwich and Millwall (who finished last season above us) are already out.
It doesn't matter that Millwall and Norwich City are out, finishing 12th or above would be good enough to see us seeded this season even if all the the clubs that finished above us last season had progressed to the second round. As it is the seeded teams descend to Nottingham Forest in 16th place as Bradford City and Watford have also been eliminated. Portsmouth must be cursing their luck as they finished 17th and are unseeded.

I don't agree with seeding as I think it takes some of the magic away from the cup competitions. Even though it does give me a better chance of going to a "new" ground. Conversely, of course, it does mean that northernsouler's wish is guaranteed not to happen in this round.
Old 13-09-2002, 07:36 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This seeded business is cr@p, and all it will do is increase the likelihood of big names in the later stages, as they won't have been drawn against one another early on.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 13-09-2002, 07:55 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
We weren't seeded last season 'cos we finished 21st in Div 1 the previous season!

true, but we did make the semi-finals.......!

I'd like any 2nd or 3rd division side at home, leave the Premiership teams til later on...worst possible draw is a fellow 1st division club away.

The 3rd round isn't seeded is it?
Old 13-09-2002, 07:59 PM
Cunning Planner

Quote:
Originally posted by 7Ps
I think this is more to do with their late entry into the UEFA Cup due to UEFA's late decision on the Fair-Play entries. After all, the Football League agreed to arrange a preliminary round when UEFA did eventually get their act together so Ipswich didn't have to play in the first round. I'd like to believe that the League would make any team, Premiership or otherwise, admitted into Europe this way enter the cup at the second round like Ipswich. There's a nagging suspicion that as216 is right, though.
Having investigated a little further I have come to the conclusion that my above statement is b*ll*cks. In the league's own To view the link you have to Register or Login on the Worthington Cup Rule 4 states that up to a maximum of eight clubs qualifying for a place in a UEFA club competition can be given a bye to the third round. Ipswich Town, as the club that last season finished lowest of the nine European qualifiers in the league, therefore missed out. The League could always adjust the rules of course so as216's statement may still hold true.

Humblest apologies.
Old 13-09-2002, 08:46 PM
I only hate Charlton

Boris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fansBoris the charltonhater is giving a Dean Austin handclap salute to all the loving fans
This is the first I've ever heard of seeding in the cup. When was it introduced? Why was it introduced?
Old 13-09-2002, 10:03 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Been there a long, long time Boris - certainly as far back as the 70's.

I believe it is done to ensure that smaller clubs have a chance of a decent pay day.

I take a home draw against anyone or, failing that, an away game on a ground I've never seen Palace on (and won't have the opportunity this season in the league), to whit:

Chesterfield
Macclesfield Town
Rushden & Diamonds
Wigan Athletic
Wrexham

BTW thanks for info 7PS - I didn't mean to sound like I was doubting you.
Old 14-09-2002, 11:18 PM

as216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego way
Well apparently we've got Cheltenham at home - currently bottom of Division Two after todays games.

Current record:
P8 W0 D3 L5 F6 A12 Pts3

BUT - they knocked out Norwich in the previous round so I'm sure they'll be up for another giant-killing (if that term still applies to us ).
Old 15-09-2002, 01:22 AM

Jimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimbo ? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
me thinks a good draw!! and home!! Bring on the scousers in the semi's!!