Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:19 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Mr Palace has an agenda.
I've only just seen your stupid emails. How do I have an agenda? Because I have a different opinion to you? it's called an OPINION you numpty.

For the record, I don't blame the board or Delaney - I blame FDB. But I don't think the board has covered itself in glory one bit. Now, is that an agenda or an opinion?

By the way, I'm Damien Delaney of course...
Old 12-09-2017, 10:20 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
I'm not saying this is all his fault, that would be nuts. But I doubt he made life easy for FdB.
I don't think FDB made life easy for himself. He didn't learn from his experience at Inter sadly.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENTALLY TOUGH View Post
The players who bar Zaha have been on the whole shite for the past 20 months.
This is the mercurial talents of Martin Kelly, Damien Delaney, Chong Yong Lee, and Joel Ward we're talking about here. Artists with a football, one and all.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:26 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I've only just seen your stupid emails. How do I have an agenda? Because I have a different opinion to you? it's called an OPINION you numpty.

For the record, I don't blame the board or Delaney - I blame FDB. But I don't think the board has covered itself in glory one bit. Now, is that an agenda or an opinion?

The fact you blame FdB when it was the board who appointed him, didn't back him and sacked him after 4 games says it all really.

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
Blimey, it's almost as if the BBS is saying, everybody at the club from players, staff, management and board are all complete *****. I'm just waiting to hear a rumour suggesting the kids selling the programs are spitting phlegm in the middle or the bar staff are putting toenails in beer.
There is no chance the bar staff would do such a thing. The club would have to employ 50% more staff to do that. Once person to cut said toenails, another one to pour the beer, a third one to put the toenail in the beer and the fourth one to take the money.
They wouldn't even prepare properly - any decent bar staff would have a whole pile of toenails lined up next to already pulled pints just before half time.

Not our mob though.

Last edited by Sharkba1t; 12-09-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Have you been to the Mods and said that CPFC.1990 isn't being very nice to you?
Old 12-09-2017, 10:28 AM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My view on the players is that their confidence was shattered playing under Pardew when we lost so many games in that 40 odd game spell over two half seasons. They have never recovered from that. The big wins under Sam against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool were more like old style FA Cup performances where the players lifted themselves above their usual standard because of the opposition. They still lost to Sunderland, Swansea, Burnley under Sam. My fear is that whoever comes in as manager could struggle with the current group of players. Their mentality is the issue - they seem resigned to losing in games (playing the Man U kids last season, Huddersfield, Swansea, Burnley etc). The only recent game they looked okay in was Liverpool where we could have won if Benteke puts in that sitter on 70 odd minutes.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:31 AM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
Mugged off the same players that have been in relgation battles for 4 straight seasons. We need more than just fighters like Delaney etc. as we are getting worse and worse every season with the same group.
Man management is about getting the best out of what you have got not putting them down in front of their team mates. Now some players will fight back to prove you wrong others will lose self belief. FDB new in a job had to earn respect not put players down. We have a very average bench at the moment we need all of the players ready mentally to do a job FDB failed to do this.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:32 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Ahhh, so he's the one...
Old 12-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Man management is about getting the best out of what you have got not putting them down in front of their team mates. Now some players will fight back to prove you wrong others will lose self belief. FDB new in a job had to earn respect not put players down. We have a very average bench at the moment we need all of the players ready mentally to do a job FDB failed to do this.
Our bench might not look as average if the players not good enough were moved on as with most other clubs and replaced with slightly better?

How he did that is hearsay and what Palace are reporting to the media to make them look far better to the outside world. 'Hey, he was the bad guy, he was mean to X, Y, Z' .

No, words of how he did it, what he said, did, just that some players didn't like it. Making Joel Ward observe a RWB playing RWB and asking him to repeat the good and don't do the bad seems fine to me? Unless he said 'Oi Wardy, your shit at RWB, watch this kid do it better than you, hahaha, see, you couldn't control it or pass it to your team mate 5 yards away like that 7 year old can' but so far, nothing has been said about how he did anything at all, nothing, nish, nada, zip.

Sure something has gone on, but Palace planting all this smacks of covering their own failings, and no doubt paying de Boer a fat wedge to take the rap, and when the dust settles for us, and he wants a new job, he will be able to reveal his side. It's bollox.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Old 12-09-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
The fact you blame FdB when it was the board who appointed him, didn't back him and sacked him after 4 games says it all really.
I think FDB has made a lot of bad mistakes in a short period - many of which are baffling in terms of team selection and tactical approach. And all the signs seem to point to a breakdown in the relationship between FDB and the board and FDB and a lot of the players. It's not just four games either - it's the whole of pre-season and two months where he clearly wasn't performing.

So I will back the board over FDB any day of the week - though i don't think the board are beyond criticism as they have not covered themselves in glory at all on this one.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:45 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
It isn't the first time
No, it isn't. And it seems to be the same name(s). I've thought for a while that certain players have too much influence.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:45 AM

NickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNickinOx came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
This is the mercurial talents of Martin Kelly, Damien Delaney, Chong Yong Lee, and Joel Ward we're talking about here. Artists with a football, one and all.
Dadaism or abstract expressionism spring to mind.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:46 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic Kev View Post
Posted by Wilf last Thursday. In fairness it worked we went 4-3-3 against Burnley apparently against de Boer's wishes if media are to be believed.
Which you assume we would have been training on all week.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:47 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whether the players revolted or not, now this information is out the pressure is very much on them now to knuckle down and perform under the new regime. Do they have the bottle for the task? The lack of leaders in this team tells me possibly not, although they will be boosted massively when Wilf, TLC and Sakho come back.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:47 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
There is no chance the bar staff would do such a thing. The club would have to employ 50% more staff to do that. Once person to cut said toenails, another one to pour the beer, a third one to put the toenail in the beer and the fourth one to take the money.
They wouldn't even prepare properly - any decent bar staff would have a whole pile of toenails lined up next to already pulled pints just before half time.

Not our mob though.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The (so-called) sports journos are all over Palace at the moment, in the absence of anything much else to talk about, displaying their ignorance of Palace with every line they write.
Now they've started a juicy yarn about "player power" (BTW, EVERY sacked Dutch manager blames "player power" - see van Gaal).

It's really no shock that the usual suspects on here have swallowed this crap, hook, line and sinker.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickinOx View Post
Dadaism or abstract expressionism spring to mind.
Mostly their performances on the pitch resemble Tracy Emins bed
Old 12-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Lovely

Why do people think Pardew got rid of Jedinak as soon as he could? He had a lot of influence in the dressing room and was disenchanted. Damo probably should have gone too. He certainly shouldn't have been offered a contract extension in the summer when we didn't have a manager. He's not going to feature so why extend his contract?